Crewe are you - Match Thread

Absolutely arsewipe game management. Shit selection from Daft Mug. We needed goals because goal difference could be a key issue. Absolutely crap manager. Many managers would have got this squad up through automatic. Proven unfit in this division. Sack him close season whatever. 

• Thanks 1

We made hard work of that but 3point goes on to our total and it will say we won 1-0 in the papers tomorrow that's all that matters right now, particularly after the other results tonight and after the last few days.

Some strange changes to the team tonight both from the start and during the game. I can understand taking Gregory off but the other changes are just a bit odd.

On 11/04/2022 at 16:03, cheat said:

The thing is he didn’t randomly drop Berahino. He started him the following game after his Cambridge hat trick, but he was ineffective.

He’s not started any of the four games since then, although he was unavailable through international duty for one of them, and just back from that for another.

I don’t think it’s fair to say NML was flying in his other position either. He’s not played there since returning from injury, and you wouldn’t drop Hunt for him right now would you?

I think Moore is far from perfect but the only real tinkering he’s doing at the moment is trying to find the elusive correct partner for Gregory up front.

49 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Those fucking dropped points to Bolton the other look bastard even more costly now.

Exactly what I was thinking walking away from the stadium tonight.

45 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Those fucking dropped points to Bolton the other look bastard even more costly now.

Not to mention being 2up at Wimbledon & drawing 2-2

Being 2-1 up at Cheltenham & conceding in the 92nd minute

Conceding when 1-0 up against a god awful Accrington Stanley team & drawing 1-1.

Then finally the late Bolton equalizer.

That's 8 points there that we've blown which would've put us on 87 points, just 1 point behind Wigan with 3 to play.

2 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Conceding when 1-0 up against a god awful Accrington Stanley team & drawing 1-1.

That's 8 points there that we've blown which would've put us on 87 points, just 1 point behind Wigan with 3 to play.

And BPF not looking behind him at Ipswich. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Swings and Roundabouts come to mind

Looking at these results we got a...

Point gained at home to Shrewsbury 

Point gained away at Portsmouth

Point gained away at Cambridge

Three points at home to Bolton that was completely undeserved

2 extra points at home to Wimbledon when it looked as if it was heading for a draw

A point gained at home to Lincoln City

2 extra points at home to Milton Keynes

Gillingham away was an undeserved point

Had we not had the penalty against Wigan, we could have played all night and not scored.

I'd say there's at least 10 points gained there with a couple of last minute wins and undeserved draws given how poor we played

Take away those 10 points and we're mid table with 69. 

Since we addressed our uninjured central defender shortage by bringing Storey and Dean in during the January transfer window, we’ve taken 39 points from 17.   Way too many silly draws earlier on in the season is why we’re not favourites for automatic.

Just got back, thanks Highways Agency shutting the M1 as usual. 

Echo some other thoughts already made, but Moore used up a couple of cats lives tonight.

The team selection raised an eyebrow to start with. It looked justified as we created those early chances and you have to score those. That first one stick yer dick on it and it goes in. Their keeper having a tactical injury helped stem that early pressure, got them to re-organise somewhat and we stopped doing the simple things.

Bannan drops deeper and Patterson simply does not have any basic skills in either holding up the ball or passing it.

NML was our best outlet. Not seen the penalty incident again, but it looked soft then again its in the dark section with no ruddy lights so who knows. Clinical penalty

Wtf taking off Gregory though. That was a gamble because our ability to retain possession upfront and link play is simply gone.

But that was a get out of jail performance, 

I'm not a Patterson critic, I know he's somewhat limited, but I generally see what he brings to the team...but that miss in the second half was fucking criminal. Use your right foot and it's in, you're a professional footballer and supposedly a striker for fucks sake

Edited by Otto_Man

Pressure is a strange thing. That game was a classic where the danger was in the heads of our players, though definitely seeded by Tinkerman Moore in the first place. Plenty of other teams getting the yips around us, so those 3 points were vital.

The early misses seemed to vaporise the confidence. It certainly did on the crowd and there was a degree of anxiety. I think it was on 75 minutes or so there was a silence, you could hear the players shouting. There was then we need to help here whilst frankly shitting ourselves, given the other scores were known.

I still think Moore got away with those changes - that could have really backfired on him

50 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

I'm not a Patterson critic, I know he's somewhat limited, but I generally see what he brings to the team...but that miss in the second half was fucking criminal. Use your right foot and it's in, you're a professional footballer and supposedly a striker for fucks sake

He tried to use his foot. The ball went between his legs 

In the cold light of day, it really should have been 4 or 5, and we’ve effectively had two misses of the season from Berahino and Paterson and a whole host of other chances go begging. The attitude in the stadium would have been very different if we had gone in 2 or 3-up at half time, which is what we should have been doing. 

That said, there were some really poor displays last night. Paterson was absolutely dreadful, and it was capped off by that second half miss. Berahino was dreadful, he had a five minute spell in the second half where he game the ball away every time he touched it. NML, he was good when he got within 10-15 yards of the goal line and running at people but dire everywhere else on the pitch. Bannan, he underhit every pass over 20 yards last night. 

Positives were the back three and Byers. It was comfortable, the BPF had little, to nothing to do aside from a first half shot and a couple of caught crosses.

Just on tinkering from Moore, I didn’t like it, but in hindsight it made sense, he thought we could dominate the ball with Johnson and Palmer in the three (which we did), the issue was in the midfield three where Paterson contributed nothing at all.

Its a big test on Saturday at Wycombe purely because they’ll be big and strong and we’ll have to stand up to it. IF we win, autos is on for me, I’d we lose, we need 4 points from two to get the playoffs.

Moore got away with it last night. I couldn't understand the initial line up, that's one thing, but his substitutions...... He completely changed the personnel in defence when one change all that was needed, and why on earth he took Gregory off when Berahino was having an absolute shocker. Forget his miss, if you can, his touch was awful he was having to run after his 1st touch. 

NML did OK taking on his man, on the left, but why not take Hunt off put him 2 right, Gibson to left side and Merv to left wing back. Simple, but he has to mess about with it. 

Drove me mad. And Gregory didn't look happy at all when came off

54 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Yeah, went with his right. Not sure why Paterson gets vilified but Gregory & Berahino aren't mentioned

Young un was losing his shit last night after that first 15 minutes. I told him, stay calm and stick with them it will come. Still, an impossible task keeping the anxiety of supporters spilling on to the pitch

I was calm until a bellend moaned at us standing for the penalty, not sure what he expected with everyone stood in front of me. It ended getting to the point where he is trying to get in my face while i'm with my boy, reluctantly moved seats to prevent me losing it further. If that was you, you're a cu nt, of and a dwarf too

Paterson angled his body to hit the ball with his left, instead of letting the ball come across him and tapping it in with his right, utterly dreadful decision. Come on Nev you coach your lads team, you'd be furious if a player did that.

Berahino did everything right, but was undone by the bounce (I say this as someone who isn't really a Berahino fan). 

I thought the ref was one of the better ones we've seen this season, didn't seem to be falling for their time wasting shit.

I don't want to even consider autos, but Rotherham and the franchise have games against teams who desperately need the points...we just need to keep winning

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Yeah, went with his right. Not sure why Paterson gets vilified but Gregory & Berahino aren't mentioned

Young un was losing his shit last night after that first 15 minutes. I told him, stay calm and stick with them it will come. Still, an impossible task keeping the anxiety of supporters spilling on to the pitch

I was calm until a bellend moaned at us standing for the penalty, not sure what he expected with everyone stood in front of me. It ended getting to the point where he is trying to get in my face while i'm with my boy, reluctantly moved seats to prevent me losing it further. If that was you, you're a cu nt, of and a dwarf too

Was he not Happy ?

43 minutes ago, MPB said:

Stop lying you little *****...

If I'd sat at home watching ifollow I wouldn't come on here claiming I was at the match, saying I'd constantly been switching seats all nigh to avoid having fights with fellow dwarves......bit bizarre that...!

The Battle of the North Stand !

Screenshot_20220420_132412.thumb.jpg.887939414085996ea02d447c7b6f0b9a.jpg

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
  • Haha 2

On 19/04/2022 at 21:04, Reesh said:

He's our striker, he's our no 9

Scoring goals in the blue and white 

Signed on a free from Stoke City 

And his name Lee Gregory 

Just seen him set up the winner in the L1 play off final

From 2017

On 403

6 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Can we set up a charity bout. MPB v Bartos. Three rounds? We could even get a YouTube payperview lined up for it.

Charities are supposed to make money so they can spend it on good causes, not lose it hand over fist.