23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

Seen em given seen em not -Barnsley keeper did the same to Paterson at Wembley but I don't remember this level of outrage.

Also Wolves weren't "robbed of a point" as I've continually seen today.  They still would have had to score the penalty and then see the rest of the game out.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Looking dodgy for Paul Warne.  Darren Moore watching on at Pride Park tonight.  Said weeks ago DM would be next Derby Manager.

Given him and his staff still have 3 years on their deals it would be costly for Derby.

Wonder if Marvin Johnson is leaving then cos he was in the away end tonight.

Edited by Reesh

On 15/08/2023 at 10:19, Neville Facking Bartos said:

The only reason they could possibly have for arriving at that decision was the player clattered had not got near the ball and the one behind did but failed to head it towards goal 

It doesn’t matter where the ball is: it could be down the other end of the pitch. If a foul* is committed, by the defence in their penalty area, then it’s a penalty.

* Unless its obstruction, in which cases it an indirect free kick.

51 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

It doesn’t matter where the ball is: it could be down the other end of the pitch. If a foul* is committed, by the defence in their penalty area, then it’s a penalty.

* Unless its obstruction, in which cases it an indirect free kick.

Like that keeper clattering from the spurs keeper v Brentford at the weekend that wasn’t given either?

1 minute ago, Reesh said:

That wasn't a penalty whilst I have an hole in my arse.

I didn’t think it was. But for all the talk of ‘keeper’s momentum doesn’t mean it’s not a pen’ which I’ve heard constantly today… it just brings more to the table that VAR is still as subjective as the referees decision.

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

I didn’t think it was. But for all the talk of ‘keeper’s momentum doesn’t mean it’s not a pen’ which I’ve heard constantly today… it just brings more to the table that VAR is still as subjective as the referees decision.

It'll continue to be subjective until FIFA produce a proper law book without the need for four pages of interpretations within the 'spirit of the game'. 

IFAB need to stop trying to rewrite rules to match the growing technicalities of coaching and keeping the flow going (the constant dicking about with offside being one and the introduction of multi ball and increased time keeping) 

You can't keep shouting that the 'game' should be the same from park kick-abouts to World Cup finals then change the laws to suit TV and 'entertainment'. Football has never been about entertainment. It's about the score. You don't watch the Dog and Duck on a Sunday morning to be entertained (unless you find a fat lad falling over in mud funny) so it's never the same game as going to league ground. 

You get a rule book out from the 50s 60s 70s and there's nothing wrong with those rules and everyone who went to a game knew them. There really was no need to change them. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

They need telling to do one.

I think they will be and then Saudi will respond with a chequebook. This summer, as well as what’s gone on in golf, has illustrated that fewer than you might think care about the source of funds if the amount is high enough. 

9 hours ago, Gamblor said:

I think they will be and then Saudi will respond with a chequebook. This summer, as well as what’s gone on in golf, has illustrated that fewer than you might think care about the source of funds if the amount is high enough. 

Newcastle fans don’t care. That proves enough…. Or does it? 

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Newcastle fans don’t care. That proves enough…. Or does it? 

I think most of them clearly don’t, but that lure of having a much better side is a strong one. Those clubs and fans who don’t directly benefit in some way from Saudi money may have a different opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

I think most of them clearly don’t, but that lure of having a much better side is a strong one. Those clubs and fans who don’t directly benefit in some way from Saudi money may have a different opinion. 

Yeah. So let’s get Red Bull in, instead of Saudi’s 🤣

An Arab Sheikh with more money than the gpd of America comes in and buys us. Spends zillions on getting us promoted because we’ll never come back down again to face the consequences and we go on to dominate European football over the next 20 plus years.

hands up those that’ll return their season ticket. 

• Thanks 1