23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

Interesting weekend.

City look unstoppable, the signing of Kovacic is a master stroke. Foden was brilliant.

If Spurs get a proper goal scorer of a nine, they’ll threaten the top 4.

Man Utd have a good 11 and a poor squad, probably 6 short.

Everton are bang in trouble. Look in disarray and without a plan, Dyche won’t see October.

Wolves, simply won’t score goals.

Pigs are down, it’s over for them.

I read an interesting article about the price of defensive midfield players players.

Caicedo and Rice have gone for 100 million plus. James Maddison has gone for 45 million, James Ward Prowse for 30 million. Both score and create and have gone for 50% of the value of the other two.

I rate Declan Rice by the way. But, I’d always pay for goals ahead of anything else.

3 hours ago, KrolMong said:

I read an interesting article about the price of defensive midfield players players.

Caicedo and Rice have gone for 100 million plus. James Maddison has gone for 45 million, James Ward Prowse for 30 million. Both score and create and have gone for 50% of the value of the other two.

I rate Declan Rice by the way. But, I’d always pay for goals ahead of anything else.

Can see Ward Prowse and Maddison being the signings of the season. 

11 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Interesting observation, is it just the way football is played these days. That your full backs end up high up the pitch, your centre half crosses it from the right wing. Teams sit back and wait for the counter attack. Meaning that position is the base point that enables the rest.

I am a strong believer in that the midfield is always the vital link. A decent defence and prolific strike force as Liverpool showed last season is no good if your midfield was bang average.

It is no coincidence that Wednesdays best seasons are when our midfield has been decent 

46 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Interesting observation, is it just the way football is played these days. That your full backs end up high up the pitch, your centre half crosses it from the right wing. Teams sit back and wait for the counter attack. Meaning that position is the base point that enables the rest.

I am a strong believer in that the midfield is always the vital link. A decent defence and prolific strike force as Liverpool showed last season is no good if your midfield was bang average.

It is no coincidence that Wednesdays best seasons are when our midfield has been decent 

You mean when Bannan was played wide under Carlos? 😄

• Haha 1