Wembley Boozer thread

6 minutes ago, lyn_owl said:

I hope "Just Stop Oil" reads number #17 because they are doing slow marches and stopping  traffic in London and are hellbent on disrupting sports events.

Just Stop Oil/ Football fans... One gets their hands held and given a sandwich by Plod, the other gets a kicking and treated like shit

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skamp said:

Trains from Sheffield to St Pancras are subject to some disruption as well as a queuing system at the station. 

Check before you travel is the message. 

Does it say owt about coming back from Stp Skamp?

I’m going to be coming back on the train but not getting there ont train. I’m expecting a reyt pelarvar even through I have a 1st class ticket.

22 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

So we have been allocated 4 tiny bars around Wembley.

Where’s everyone off to and suggestions 

I went to an England game a few years back the coppers were definitely looking for anyone clearly just boozing on the street. Whether it’s the same for club games I don’t know.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

1 minute ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I went to an England game a few years back the coppers were definitely looking for anyone clearly just boozing on the street. Whether it’s the same for club games I don’t know.

Thanks for that entirely pointless anecdote 

Won’t be pointless if someone avoids getting lifted by the coppers for boozing on the st sat near the stadium, which is what I saw happening. Tbh though the lads looked worse for wear and I don’t know if they’d been warned etc. I wouldn’t have thought the coppers will just lift someone without considering everything that they have to deal with.

Anyway the boozers don’t have the capacity for 50k never mind more than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Does it say owt about coming back from Stp Skamp?

I’m going to be coming back on the train but not getting there ont train. I’m expecting a reyt pelarvar even through I have a 1st class ticket.

It is a reduced hourly service between St Pancras and Sheffield instead of the normal service

4 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I'm not there but choice of boozers is shocking.  

If there I would probably be looking at Baker Street area.  Was decent there last time went to an England game.

Thanks for that Tosh Lines

• Haha 1

Against Hull, we were openly supping from tins in the restricted zone. I spoke to a copper who said that if we were quiet and peaceful he's happy to look the other way. Get larey and I'd not get to see the game.

Common sense goes a long way in an overcrowded area.

8 hours ago, Skamp said:

Against Hull, we were openly supping from tins in the restricted zone. I spoke to a copper who said that if we were quiet and peaceful he's happy to look the other way. Get larey and I'd not get to see the game.

Common sense goes a long way in an overcrowded area.

Common sense goes a long way in a lot of things. But unfortunately many don’t know what it means and certainly don’t have any

• Like 1

On 25/05/2023 at 11:01, Neville Facking Bartos said:

No good for me driving to Watford Junction travelling to Wembley Central, i'm just going to try JJ Moon i think, failing that try and buy some cans for the walk then probably in to the fan zone. No way i'll be trying any of our boozers, hope everyone fucks off the stadium sports bar, £20 entry and tenner for kids, piss take

Heavy fines for drinking in streets around Wembley since last yr. Can thank the knobheads strorming into the ground for that

On 25/05/2023 at 11:01, Neville Facking Bartos said:

No good for me driving to Watford Junction travelling to Wembley Central, i'm just going to try JJ Moon i think, failing that try and buy some cans for the walk then probably in to the fan zone. No way i'll be trying any of our boozers, hope everyone fucks off the stadium sports bar, £20 entry and tenner for kids, piss take

That is stupid... 

I'm making a very similar journey Bartos. So might see you knocking about!

8 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Will keep an eye out for you, might be behind you though, I can’t set off too early, 8.30-9 and I’m at 70 all the way sort. Have you any plans or in to Wembley and see what happens?

Probably into Wembley I THINK. Might get some breakfast around Watford first before heading down there though... Just depends what time we get there, but at the mo, I think we'll be parking the car at about 10.30ish. 

43 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Probably into Wembley I THINK. Might get some breakfast around Watford first before heading down there though... Just depends what time we get there, but at the mo, I think we'll be parking the car at about 10.30ish. 

Might bump into you as we will be getting the train thru Watford Junction - one option for us is to change there and get the Southern train though 2nd option I can go as far as Harrow and Wealdstone on another and then the Overground to Wembley Central.

Just for info really if for some reason the traffic is bad on the M1 below Jn 15, or worse a closure (no repeat please of 1993 please when Junction 10 to 9 was closed) then you can cut across to MK or Leighton Buzzard and get the train to Watford.

10 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Drinks in London centre. Then forget the boozers near Wembley and head straight to the fanzone.

Isn’t the fan zone “limited capacity”?

With one of the Wednesday pubs being boycotted (hopefully) and the others not so big, I’m wondering if there’s a chance you get to the fans zone, it’s full, and the only realistic option is inside the ground. 

Central London until as late as practicable seems the best option to me.

23 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

With one of the Wednesday pubs being boycotted (hopefully) and the others not so big, I’m wondering if there’s a chance you get to the fans zone, it’s full, and the only realistic option is inside the ground. 

Think capacity is about 700, then one in one out sort of thing. We went in the one our side in 2016 - my young was only 12 then so it was a better option for me to grab a beer and him a Lemonade

7 years on said young one is now planning the beers before we get the train

1 hour ago, M42Owl said:

What is the pub being boycotted, and why?

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned.

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Saw a few Luton and Coventry fans in downtown Leighton Buzzard just now, heading to the station. 

Travel news round the country sounded awful with it being start of half term. Hope it's not so bad on the Monday for everyone 

Hope the stadium blows up, bent two bob club bastards