2nd leg - attendance

Given the situation, what do we think the attendance will be?

Its pretty clear not many glory hunters or part timers will be there, but how many of those that have been week in week out will be bothered given it’s as close to a mission impossible as they come.

I bought a ticket so I’m going with low expectations of course but I can’t understand that idea that you are entitled to a refund bc of the result in the 1st leg.

42 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

Got a ticket but wont be going, after last few weeks just want to get away from football, my choice so the club can happily keep the money and I think anybody going for a refund is a twat.

Understandable. I'll be there but I've been feeling for weeks that I can't wait for the end of the season.  Even so, I'm fairly certain that once it is ended I'll get 'cold turkey'.  🙄

Not that many given back when you look at tickets site  - but then the Lep lower not really selling out as planned 31k I think based on sold tickets.

Actual real people who turn up reckon more 28k. Longer distance fans may sack off the effort on a Thursday night. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Winco said:

20/1 to win the tie on sky bet.

33/1 to win in 90 mins.

I’m all over the 20/1 shot gonna lob a £100 on it.

fuck em.

I don’t really bet but was considering the old bet against Wednesday doing it then at least I’ve got some brass when we obviously fail to turnaround a 4 goal deficit 

1 hour ago, EBRA said:

Not that many given back when you look at tickets site  - but then the Lep lower not really selling out as planned 31k I think based on sold tickets.

Actual real people who turn up reckon more 28k. Longer distance fans may sack off the effort on a Thursday night. 

I agree Ebra many won’t get their money but probably won’t go. It’s hindsight but maybe the club should have waited to see what happened before selling any LL tickets, although having 4 sides Wednesday would probably improve our chances, negligible as they are.

Im thinking 28k of real people there.

Whatever DM does I just hope for the Wednesday fans there we win the leg if not the overall tie.

1 hour ago, Winco said:

20/1 to win the tie on sky bet.

33/1 to win in 90 mins.

I’m all over the 20/1 shot gonna lob a £100 on it.

fuck em.

I am sick of people telling me that they are having this bet no offence to you the ones I’m on about aren’t Wednesday fans ffs.

7 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Given the situation, what do we think the attendance will be?

Its pretty clear not many glory hunters or part timers will be there, but how many of those that have been week in week out will be bothered given it’s as close to a mission impossible as they come.

I bought a ticket so I’m going with low expectations of course but I can’t understand that idea that you are entitled to a refund bc of the result in the 1st leg.

For me if your a true wednesdayite you are there on Thursday whatever. You are there win or lose promotion or relegation, good times and bad.

Also you know that it’s at the back of your minds that we might just, and it’s a very small just, pull this back from the realms of all possibility.

If you are blue and white through and through you are thinking of two goals first half one goal in 60 then we score to take it to extra time. You’ve thought about what you will do who you will message first who you will tell to get fucked and what your Facebook status will be. We go through and you’ve even mentioned getting a tattoo or bollox out in Woolworths window.

This is tainted by the thoughts of we will probably score 4 then concede another on 85 minutes.

It’s all possible it could happen footballs a funny old game.

Just don’t get why you wouldn’t be there and if we don’t do it we make our feelings known however that may be and then we look forward to the league one fixtures coming out and plan the season.

Im proud to be a wednesdayite cos I fuckin love it and I’m so glad I’m not a blunt or a miller I would die for em and I’m also glad my son and daughter are mad owls as well it’s life it’s learning it will come around some day and I will take the piss large portions.

Up the owls and carry on

Fuck the dirty red n white bastards 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HappyOwl said:

For me if your a true wednesdayite you are there on Thursday whatever. You are there win or lose promotion or relegation, good times and bad.

Also you know that it’s at the back of your minds that we might just, and it’s a very small just, pull this back from the realms of all possibility.

If you are blue and white through and through you are thinking of two goals first half one goal in 60 then we score to take it to extra time. You’ve thought about what you will do who you will message first who you will tell to get fucked and what your Facebook status will be. We go through and you’ve even mentioned getting a tattoo or bollox out in Woolworths window.

This is tainted by the thoughts of we will probably score 4 then concede another on 85 minutes.

Just don’t get why you wouldn’t be there and if we don’t do it we make our feelings known however that may be and then we look forward to the league one fixtures coming out and plan the season.

Im proud to be a wednesdayite cos I fuckin love it and I’m so glad I’m not a blunt or a miller I would die for em and I’m also glad my son and daughter are mad owls as well it’s life it’s learning it will come around some day and I will take the piss large portions.

Up the owls and carry on

I'm boycotting til Moore fucking resigns the useless shitehouse and can take Barry Bullshit with him 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Understandable. I'll be there but I've been feeling for weeks that I can't wait for the end of the season.  Even so, I'm fairly certain that once it is ended I'll get 'cold turkey'.  🙄

Oh definitely,  got my ST for next season when it comes I'll  be chomping at bit but the close season is always welcome following this lot. WAWAW

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I'm boycotting til Moore fucking resigns the useless shitehouse and can take Barry Bullshit with him 

That’s your choice I think he will resign rather than get sacked or that mutual consent no one knows exactly what went on type thing.

I’ll be there. I did for a short while think, why bother, then … I thought. What if….

I can’t not be there. But we’re all different. If people choose not to, if people choose a refund, that’s up to them. Doesn’t make them/me/anyone else less of a fan. It’s personal choice. 

I asked both kids if they still wanted to go and was a definite yes.  Half Pint said straight away "if we score early we still have a chance".  Poppy pointed out she has not seen us lose in the approx 30 games she has been to so needed to be there to help.  Fair enough.

Fully understand those asking for refunds or just not going, especially those that have to travel a large distance. 

I must admit I keep wavering but it’s more to do with work and other things than Wednesday.

I suppose if we know anything about Wednesday it could go several ways but I’m guessing it will be an Ok turnout as I said before. We will score early ish to raise our hopes (it’s the Wednesday way apparently) maybe even score a 2nd early in the 2nd half then as we have a near miss for a third they go down the other end and score to make it 2-1. The game then peters out with the stadium less than half full at 90mins. Such a sorry way to end a season that looked like it promised a good outcome.

Sorry to be a realist 

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0
  • Like 1

I still think there'll be 25k ish there. By all accounts (not looked myself) but there's said to be not many empty spaces on the ticketing site so that would suggest it's got potential to be well attended. Of course there's the possibility folks won't turn up of course and keep their ticket with them at home. 

Here's to the players at least rolling their sleeves up and at least restoring SOME pride.. If not all.

Don’t judge me but I’ve decided not to go, just can’t justify the time and expense of getting up to Sheffield on a Thursday night.

If anyone on here is feeling the pinch and needs a couple of free tickets, or knows someone else who might, PM me. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Don’t judge me but I’ve decided not to go, just can’t justify the time and expense of getting up to Sheffield on a Thursday night.

If anyone on here is feeling the pinch and needs a couple of free tickets, or knows someone else who might, PM me. 

Respect. 

32 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Email them to DM and let’s him see what we see in the stands.

2 hours ago, Billysboy said:

I'm guessing you put the 18k figure for a response, all I did was duly oblige, have a super day.

To be honest I'm probably just bitter at how our season ended. as common as it is... never gets easier to deal with

7 hours ago, bricat said:

I'm 75 in August.  Not in the best of health so this team and certainly the manager are not likely to cause me blood pressure problems. 

You will have seen worse Wednesday sides in your time Bri.

this squad is very good imo just been poorly managed these last 10 games.

16 hours ago, Chelters said:

These have now been claimed. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, holmesfield_owl said:

I wondered as I walked in what it would be like. Packed, passionate, proud and loud. What a night. Estimation of our support went up that night

Only 1500 empty allowable seats at 0-4 down, mental.

I remember across the city they had 15k empty....

The positivity that night was like nothing I’ve experienced before (and since).

It could have easily been so different, obviously. And I expected it to turn, I’ve said it before but that 3rd goal came at almost the perfect time.

We were struggling to make inroads post half time, it seemed like there was a slight shift in belief that it may happen although it didn’t translate to boos.  Not entirely, but, it felt like ‘we’d at least had a good go’, then when James scored, it went positive x100 again.

Not only was the comeback, almost impossible. I think not having one ounce of disbelief or negative thought seeping onto the pitch is almost impossible. I’ve certainly never really felt an atmosphere like it. 

There’s ones that come close, but, there wasn’t a nervousness at all, which I don’t think we’ll see again. Although I hope I’m wrong!

On 14/05/2023 at 20:59, HappyOwl said:

Up the owls and carry on

What a fantastic post that was. Positively Churchillian.  Respect, Hap!  

• Like 1