Jump to content

Traaaaactor Boys Match Fred...


HoylandOwl
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve just watched St. Helen’s v Salford in the Super League - a player from Salford was on the end of one hell of a (legal) tackle. Momentum of the tackling player hit him full on in the face, accidentally. He got up, obviously shaken, but played the ball immediately, then got running repairs on the pitch to his busted nose and lip, as the game went on.

Then I look at that Ipswich fuck who has just gone down! And the refs fall for this shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m sick to death of being totally frustrated watching what should comfortably be the best side in this division.

And I’m even more frustrated at trying to work out WTF type of system we’re supposed to be playing almost every time I see us play.

We are going nowhere under Moore! Even if we get something out of the game now it will be more down to luck and the ability of the players, than it will be us adopting the right tactics! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bellsview said:

And another thing whilst I’m on a rant. Why is it, whether we get a throw-in or a free-kick, nobody seems to make a run for or make themselves immediately available for the ball?

 

That has been the same for as long as i can remember.

Okay, i can't even remember this morning, but you get my point 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ipswich had done the job but absolutely fell apart when the tempo went up, and ended up dropping to the 18 yard line and allowing Bannan freedom of the city for the last 20 minutes.

We were ok first 20 mins and poor until the Byers goal and being quite frank, with a lucky ricochet might have nicked it.

Some comments…

Iorfa can’t play against the better sides. I like Reece James. Alex Mighten will be back at Forest by Jan. Smith is a real handful and if we get crosses in, will score a lot.

Referee was poor for both teams.

And we’ll be in a stack of bother cos a load of bellends in the north were chucking stuff at the Lino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

Ipswich had done the job but absolutely fell apart when the tempo went up, and ended up dropping to the 18 yard line and allowing Bannan freedom of the city for the last 20 minutes.

We were ok first 20 mins and poor until the Byers goal and being quite frank, with a lucky ricochet might have nicked it.

Some comments…

Iorfa can’t play against the better sides. I like Reece James. Alex Mighten will be back at Forest by Jan. Smith is a real handful and if we get crosses in, will score a lot.

Referee was poor for both teams.

And we’ll be in a stack of bother cos a load of bellends in the north were chucking stuff at the Lino.

They got a point at theirs last season that was barely deserved, bit of karma this year for us. That point could make all the difference come May and they'll be up there with us based on today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Reesh said:

They got a point at theirs last season that was barely deserved, bit of karma this year for us. That point could make all the difference come May and they'll be up there with us based on today.

I agree. A point is not a bad point even pre game. I’ve seen enough from them to know they will be close, and with attacking quality we have, in spell of pressure we generate will lead to a goal. I’m not going to dump on Moore, he visibly changed it second half and went more direct which made a bigger difference when Gregory came on, and Windass started picking up the seconds. It’s two games in a week where I think the coach has made a changes that’s had a positive effect on the final result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that is the worst display of officiating I’ve ever seen at a professional match.  Offside in our own half?  Ipswich score from our “advantage”?  Blatant deflection missed by a lino who was 10 yards away. Loads of other weird and inconsistent stuff as well.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not losing to the teams that are likely to be top 6 is essential. Beating them is what makes you champions.

I literally have no idea what the ref was thinking/saw for some of his decisions. The Lino on the South Stand side was poor as well. Can’t say about the North Lino (I was in the South today).

Mighten is lightweight - surely 15mins would be perfect for Wilks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, owl71 said:

I think that is the worst display of officiating I’ve ever seen at a professional match.  Offside in our own half?  Ipswich score from our “advantage”?  Blatant deflection missed by a lino who was 10 yards away. Loads of other weird and inconsistent stuff as well.

Our 2nd was offside

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ref awful for both sides. Neither side created a great deal, amazing that there was 4 goals. I don't really know what to think of our performance. Did OK first 20, then nothing much till later stages. 

At times I didn't have a clue who was playing where. Smith was really isolated at times. Moore has got plenty of options. Maybe 2 many.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, owl71 said:

I think that is the worst display of officiating I’ve ever seen at a professional match.  Offside in our own half?  Ipswich score from our “advantage”?  Blatant deflection missed by a lino who was 10 yards away. Loads of other weird and inconsistent stuff as well.

I think it's the interpretation of the rule. They don't give offside now until the player touches the ball or effects play, so Smith was judged to be offside when the ball was played, but his first touch was after he had returned to our half which is why the kick was given there...I think

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mark said:

Ref awful for both sides. Neither side created a great deal, amazing that there was 4 goals. I don't really know what to think of our performance. Did OK first 20, then nothing much till later stages. 

At times I didn't have a clue who was playing where. Smith was really isolated at times. Moore has got plenty of options. Maybe 2 many.

Windass seems to play where he fancies which permanently leaves whoever he's with isolated. I thought he was poor today and should have been hooked before FDB was. Not seen Mighten do anything of note as yet, was he good against Morecambe?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought that was a deserved point against a good side, not having all this luckiest point even business - really starts to look like an agenda against Moore if that line is taken imo.

Stats were virtually identical in terms of possession, shots etc; and although they aren’t always a great indicator of the game, I think it’s a massive stretch to makes statements like luckiest point even in a game were both sides had the same number of goal attempts and the possession was more or less 50/50.
 

That said, until the last 20 minutes we did not look like scoring which is a bit of a worry. Although they looked more purposeful going forward it wasn’t like they created chance after chance, and there was a massive slice of luck with their second goal.

Officiating was awful.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Without question, the worst officiating display I’ve seen. All three were garbage. Iorfa should be made to walk them all through the streets of Sheffield, in their full kit and boots  

First 20, we looked decent, the last 20 the same. In the time between we looked lost and too many players had poor games a la Barnsley. Credit to them for getting something from the game. 

FDB was totally ineffective today, so I wasn’t surprised to see him pulled. Byers and Bannan deserve the credit for getting us back into the game  

Moore at least influenced things positively again but we’re weak as fuck at times defensively. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...