The Posh vs. The Owls Matchday Thread

image.png.7c28a37da618e2045268325a20b09766.png

Tuesday 16 August (7:45pm) Weston Homes Stadium.

Ticket allocation for The Wednesday:  3,668 

There are still a few tickets available: Select Tickets for Peterborough United v Sheffield Wednesday: SWFC Ticketing

Adults: £27  ( 65 & Over: £22;  Under 24s: £18;  Under 18s: £9; Under 12s*: £3)

image.png.6e6cfb00baa19dca4f36488fd010af0a.png

Stadium directions and parking:  The Weston Homes Stadium | Peterborough United - The Posh

This fixture will be streamed live, exclusively on iFollow, and supporters can book their match passes by CLICKING HERE.

Darren Moore pays Peterborough United ultimate compliment as Sheffield Wednesday face big test - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

UTO 

sources:
Ticket details: Peterborough v Wednesday - News - Sheffield Wednesday (swfc.co.uk)
Sheffield Wednesday live score, schedule and results - Football - SofaScore

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I like your thread starts GB. Very good. 
In fact. The job of starting every one is yours 😀

Thanks a lot. I do enjoy the matchday threads, but I don't want to steal the task from anybody. I'm happy, if I am allowed to do it now and then.

21 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I’m leaving Bannan out tomorrow.

Stockdale

Ihekwe, Heneghan, Palmer

Hunt, Vaulks, Adeniran, Byers, Johnson

Windass, Gregory

If it’s a right game, I’m swapping the midfield three for Bakinson, Bannan and Dele.

I'd go with that,  except I'd play Bakinson for Vaulks

1 hour ago, Beaconowl said:

I agree 👏

However, MK's abstract titles to the match day threads were sometimes amusing

I think there is a compliment in there some where 

Part of the modern world innit, middle aged white fella being pushed aside by both a foreigner and a lass all in the name of equality and diversity 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I think there is a compliment in there some where 

Part of the modern world innit, middle aged white fella being pushed aside by both a foreigner and a lass all in the name of equality and diversity 

Can we share the job? 

The least thing I want is to get a job in the name of equality and diversity!

I'm happy to be your apprentice or backup

56 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I’m leaving Bannan out tomorrow.

Stockdale

Ihekwe, Heneghan, Palmer

Hunt, Vaulks, Adeniran, Byers, Johnson

Windass, Gregory

If it’s a right game, I’m swapping the midfield three for Bakinson, Bannan and Dele.

So many options in the midfield 3 and agree would leave Bannan out.  Bakinson and particularly Byers did enough to warrant a start but think Bakinson may be better as a sub.  

Key will be Hunt as he looked absolutely pooped when he went off on Saturday so may see a start for James. 

Sneaky feeling that this will be the first time we see Bannan rested or used as a sub.

I'd like to see a midfield 3 of Byers, Adeniran and Bakinson. Think there's a nice balance there with Byers the defensive mid, Adeniran the attacking midfielder and Bakinson just ranging about and policing everything.

But it's likely that I'm completelty wrong and we'll see Valuks, Bannan and Bashiru start again.

4 hours ago, Germanbird said:

"In February 2011, Posh ran out 5-3 winner against the Owls at the Weston Homes Stadium thanks to goals from Craig Mackail-Smith (2), George Boyd (2) and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing"

They only managed 5 goals in 58 games between them for us

13 minutes ago, HarrySpeakup said:

"In February 2011, Posh ran out 5-3 winner against the Owls at the Weston Homes Stadium thanks to goals from Craig Mackail-Smith (2), George Boyd (2) and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing"

They only managed 5 goals in 58 games between them for us

Awful performance that night.

• Like 1

TBH I want a win but Id take a draw now.

I think the team selection could be one where we look to stay in the game for first 70mins and then go for it later on (assuming we arent forced into a change earlier). When I mean still in the game btw I dont mean sitting back and defending, I mean being pragmatic about how gung-ho we are. 

Id like to see Byers, Adeniran and Bakinson start with FDB to come on later. Windass and Gregory up top, but if we are still nursing one or both, Id be OK with Paterson for 60mins. 

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

If planning on going A1 via M18 then the M18 is closed at J2 both ways and has been all day.  

Diversion is off M18 at A1 roundabout and back on but all routes are very busy.   I was delayed about 40 mins this morning. 

I hate it when folk moan about travel issues on here 😎

• Haha 2

Be interesting, I suspect Saturday took a hell of lot physically out the players. No Hunt at all 

Be interesting to see how James fits in. I guess he could swap him and Johnson around that side.

A lot of midfield power to come on, though whether we are still in the game at that stage. Never convinced by Paterson starting, understand the rotation with Windass though.

Moore is always going to throw caution into the mix as opposed to the wind. We know what he is about. 

Edited by mkowlthesexynewversion
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Be interesting, I suspect Saturday took a hell of lot physically out the players. No Hunt at all 

Be interesting to see how James fits in. I guess he could swap him and Johnson around that side.

A lot of midfield power to come on, though whether we are still in the game at that stage. Never convinced by Paterson starting, understand the rotation with Windass though.

Moore is always going to throw caution into the mix as opposed to the wind. We know what he is about. 

Hunt was absolutely out on his feet Saturday 

4 hours ago, JBO said:

Lots of trains cancelled or massively delayed due to overhead wire damage at King's Cross 

We've managed to jump on 2 hour trundler going via Lincoln 

Yep, I should get there in time for the second half.  Fucking ridiculous.  And the train’s so fucking rammed animal rights knobs would be complaining if we were cattle.

22 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Windass’ knee is heavily strapped. Maybe why he’s not starting?

A lot of these players wear tape around their hamstrings or knees now… They wear things underneath their socks, ankle strappings. With Josh it’s been looked upon because it’s visible, but if it helps him in games with added support then that’s fine.

“He’s fit, he’s good, he’s looking for the matches and the gamete to cross over that threshold and find that consistency.”