Deal done for Danny?

The English second division club Sheffield Wednesday has been promoted for a long time in the middle of the relegation fight back to the third class. But the club has grabbed the class preservation - also a merit of the German coach Danny Röhl, who receives the deserved reward for it.
With Sheffield Wednesday, the relegation to the English third class still jumped off the cliff: the German coach Danny Röhl.

Danny Röhl (35) extends his contract with the English second division club Sheffield Wednesday to the 30th. June 2027. The German football teacher thus continues his work in the English Championship.
Röhl is certainly still familiar to some as assistant coach of FC Bayern Munich during the successful sextuple period in 2020 under Hansi Flick, later as an assistant with the German national team. Röhl has also worked under the current Wolfsburg coach Ralph Hasenhüttl during his time at FC Southampton (2018 to 2019) - as well as at RB Leipzig.
After these successful years of apprenticeship, his first lesson as head coach was struck for the first time in 2023, Röhl was signed by England's second league promoted Sheffield Wednesday - when the club had already stood with its back to the wall with just three points after 13 victoryless games in the championship.

"It was a dance on the razor blade"
The current contract extension until 2027 is a logical decision made by Röhl and the club, the coach had had since taking office on the 13th. October 2023 collected 50 points in the final 35 games, thereby directing the club from 24th and last place to 20th place and thus preventing the relegation. In the last six games of the season, Röhl's team remained completely unbeaten and scored 14 points, thus in the final account 53. Birmingham City, the best of the three relegated, had only three fewer. Where years ago 42 and 43 points had been enough for the league stay, it had to be at least the 51 that reached Plymouth in the 2023/24 season.

"We even had to win the last game," says Röhl, "although many had thought we could afford a defeat, but the competition also won." So it had to be four victories and two draws in a series without defeat in the finish line in order to succeed in class preservation. "It was a dance on the razor blade," admits Röhl. "It's just a tough, balanced league." But his troupe just has "a good mentality", "the boys never gave up."

“Continuity also in my own career is good for me.”
So the native Zwickau and master's degree graduate of the German Sport University Cologne decided in the field of match analysis, although there had also been contact with federal and second league clubs from the German homeland, "after very good discussions" with the club owner to stay in England, where he feels completely comfortable.
"Continuity even in my own career is good for me," he says. "It is helpful for my personal development to continue here." He wants to take his team to the next level of development in the coming season. "It would be good if we could stabilize the whole thing," the Sheffield Wednesday coach anticipates, "and a placement in the top ten of the league would be a super thing." For this purpose, it is "indistable that we improve our squad". The club boss is informed about this.
The upcoming European Championship in Germany from the 14th June to the 14th July, Röhl will spend parts as a commentator for an English TV channel. After a vacation, he starts on the 28th. June with the preparation for the 2024/25 season.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CasbahOwl said:

The English second division club Sheffield Wednesday has been promoted for a long time in the middle of the relegation fight back to the third class. But the club has grabbed the class preservation - also a merit of the German coach Danny Röhl, who receives the deserved reward for it.
With Sheffield Wednesday, the relegation to the English third class still jumped off the cliff: the German coach Danny Röhl.

Danny Röhl (35) extends his contract with the English second division club Sheffield Wednesday to the 30th. June 2027. The German football teacher thus continues his work in the English Championship.
Röhl is certainly still familiar to some as assistant coach of FC Bayern Munich during the successful sextuple period in 2020 under Hansi Flick, later as an assistant with the German national team. Röhl has also worked under the current Wolfsburg coach Ralph Hasenhüttl during his time at FC Southampton (2018 to 2019) - as well as at RB Leipzig.
After these successful years of apprenticeship, his first lesson as head coach was struck for the first time in 2023, Röhl was signed by England's second league promoted Sheffield Wednesday - when the club had already stood with its back to the wall with just three points after 13 victoryless games in the championship.

The current contract extension until 2027 is a logical decision made by Röhl and the club, the coach had had since taking office on the 13th. October 2023 collected 50 points in the final 35 games, thereby directing the club from 24th and last place to 20th place and thus preventing the relegation. In the last six games of the season, Röhl's team remained completely unbeaten and scored 14 points, thus in the final account 53. Birmingham City, the best of the three relegated, had only three fewer. Where years ago 42 and 43 points had been enough for the league stay, it had to be at least the 51 that reached Plymouth in the 2023/24 season.

"We even had to win the last game," says Röhl, "although many had thought we could afford a defeat, but the competition also won." So it had to be four victories and two draws in a series without defeat in the finish line in order to succeed in class preservation. "It was a dance on the razor blade," admits Röhl. "It's just a tough, balanced league." But his troupe just has "a good mentality", "the boys never gave up."

So the native Zwickau and master's degree graduate of the German Sport University Cologne decided in the field of match analysis, although there had also been contact with federal and second league clubs from the German homeland, "after very good discussions" with the club owner to stay in England, where he feels completely comfortable.
"Continuity even in my own career is good for me," he says. "It is helpful for my personal development to continue here." He wants to take his team to the next level of development in the coming season. "It would be good if we could stabilize the whole thing," the Sheffield Wednesday coach anticipates, "and a placement in the top ten of the league would be a super thing." For this purpose, it is "indistable that we improve our squad". The club boss is informed about this.
The upcoming European Championship in Germany from the 14th June to the 14th July, Röhl will spend parts as a commentator for an English TV channel. After a vacation, he starts on the 28th. June with the preparation for the 2024/25 season.

A new word for me there, Casbah: "indistable".

3 hours ago, CasbahOwl said:

source?

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

1867 Group holding a minutes silence 

Are they claiming credit yet? Or are they dissolved as of today 🙌🙌🙌🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪

Chansiriin 💙💙💙

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Chansiriin 💙💙💙

Maybe they’ll crowdfund a bottle of whisky and a revolver. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Chansiriin 💙💙💙

No, we've just released next phase of ticket prices.  🙄

Great news, big well done to DC and DR and to the supporters as well who have no doubt played a massive part in DR's decision making. I don't see any length of contract anywhere so I assume it's 3 years now to take him to the middle of 2027.

He speaks of a top 10 finish for next season which would be absolutely fantastic in my opinion and give him the foundation to build on further. I'm just hoping for steady improvement over an extended period and getting away from the boom and bust seasons we've had recently. I've spent way too long on the edge of my seat this past few years for a bloke my age.

Wednesday and Chansiri did excellently for the club with this deal. If he does move on at least we are protected. Biggest thing is the long term plan is aligned as a lot of discontent has arisen from us seemingly just muddling through but there will be a strategy now worth investing in

3 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Best signing we will make all summer.

Well done Mr Chairman!

And shove your statement up your arse 1867 Group!

Always "interesting" to observe the Stalk stance, because if it wasn't for the protests Chansiri wouldn't have thought to offer him a new contract apparently.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Always "interesting" to observe the Stalk stance, because if it wasn't for the protests Chansiri wouldn't have thought to offer him a new contract apparently.

Some of the comments over there are ludicrous. Chansiri apparently can’t get anything right, so it must be down to them. It’s not because of that lot, it’s despite them. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

Some of the comments over there are ludicrous. Chansiri apparently can’t get anything right, so it must be down to them. It’s not because of that lot, it’s despite them. 

Wow, is that true, absolutely fucking moronic.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Don’t make me look on there 

don’t do it

dont do it 

Nope not bothering fuck em Facebook is bad enough 😩😩😩

12 hours ago, CasbahOwl said:

although there had also been contact with federal and second league clubs from the German homeland,

in the German article it´s stated that there were also interests from several clubs of the championship and one first league club from France

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

Chansiri got lucky in appointing DR - or so I read. Silly twunt preferred Xisco to him last summer! I remember on Stalk how everyone was urging DC to go out and get the household name that was Danny Röhl back then!

The very notion that Chansiri could make such an astute and well researched appointment as Röhl is just fantastical nonsense  right? Obviously someone else behind it all.

🤣 (just in case)

11 hours ago, Theman said:

Brilliant news, now keep the excellent back room staff and we’re on our way 👍

Surely they will all be rewarded and all want to stick around and continue the project.

Really looking forward to who we bring in during the summer and also the changes DR has alluded to within the club set up. 
Even if he gets pinched at the end of next season for a good compo package then I’m sure this bloke will put some seriously good foundations in place for the club.

Hopefully the good times are finally coming back for the long serving loyal support.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Laceups said:

Surely they will all be rewarded and all want to stick around and continue the project.

Really looking forward to who we bring in during the summer and also the changes DR has alluded to within the club set up. 
Even if he gets pinched at the end of next season for a good compo package then I’m sure this bloke will put some seriously good foundations in place for the club.

Hopefully the good times are finally coming back for the long serving loyal support.

I really feel positive looking forward so get exactly where you're coming from

I hope this is sung next season 

So this is how it feels to be lonely
This is how it feels to be small
You’ve got Wilder 
And we’ve got Danny Rohl 🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🦉🦉💙💙🤣🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

I hope this is sung next season 

So this is how it feels to be lonely
This is how it feels to be small
You’ve got Wilder 
And we’ve got Danny Rohl 🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🦉🦉💙💙🤣🤣

The world needs more Inspiral Carpets 

• Like 2

What the pitch really needs is the roof overhang extension on the South to be replaced with one that lets UV light through or is retractable so daylight gets on that strip that's always soddened