Euros 2024

4 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

Grealish, Maguire, Branthwaite, Quansah and Trafford rumoured as cut. 

I think Grealish needs to realise he is not progressing his career at City - whether there are personal factors who knows 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I think Grealish needs to realise he is not progressing his career at City - whether there are personal factors who knows 

Don’t disagree there. He’s had one good season out of three now, a stat that proves he has the ability to play at that level, but one that also suggests it’d be best for all parties if he were to move on. 

Posted (edited)

I'd rather bring players out of form who've experienced the stresses and pressure of late stage tournament football, than in form players who've never played in important games before.

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

I'd rather bring players out of form who've experienced the stresses and pressure of late stage tournament football, than in form players who've never played in important games before.

Its a tough one, to get the right blend. But, I do not trust Southgate to make the right decisions 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Pope

WanBissaka/Branthwaite/Colwill/Chilwell

Rico Lewis /Ward-Prowse

Sancho/ Maddison/Grealish

Rashford 

This team would get out of the group stages with the front four rotating positions & changing shape with fluidity.

Maguire is injured otherwise he's in as my Captain 

Edited by Andyben

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Pope

WanBissaka/Branthwaite/Colwill/Chilwell

Rico Lewis /Ward-Prowse

Sancho/ Maddison/Grealish

Rashford 

This team would get out of the group stages with the front four rotating positions & changing shape with fluidity.

Maguire is injured otherwise he's in as my Captain 

Is Calvert-Lewin fit? Or at least as fit as he usually is. He'd drop in as the 9

On 06/06/2024 at 17:05, Winco said:

Southgate is wank. Grealish has to go  form or not he guarantees a free kick every game. 

Aside from his obvious talent he always strikes me as the sort you'd want in and around the squad to lift everyone. I'm a big fan of Eze, but I would have taken Grealish

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

No craft and no pace. Every single player wants to come short apart from Gordon. The full backs seem unwilling to go down the outside.

One or two are desperately trying to not pick up a knock.

Which Stones now might have done.

Posted (edited)

The majority of other teams have pace up front so there's no need for a 'traditional' centre half like Dunk. 

I know there's sod all time between now and the start but Southgate should switch to a back 3 of Walker, Stones, Konsa and play Rice and Wharton in front. That would allow a middle 3 to be further up the pitch and Bellingham to have a free role behind Kane. Knock the back 4 and front 3 on the head and go 3-2-3-1-1. This formation would also allow an easier transition of Watkins or Toney into the team 

Edited by Tylluan

I've been sent some info for anyone wanting to get out and about to watch the games down at Devonshire Green..... 

SO.....

With the Euros just around the corner, Fan City is coming to Devonshire Green for the duration of the tournament (14th June - 14th July). It promises to deliver an epic month of football, live music, celebrity Q&As (Chris Waddle & Tony Currie will be joining us for England's opening game!), food & drinks village and much more.

Fan City are showing every game of the tournament, all games are free entry aside from the England games which are ticketed, tickets can be purchased here. 

Demand is high for the England games BUT if you email us - admin@owlsonline.com we might be able to help out by contacting Fan City directly. 

They are also going to be running free Yoga sessions every Saturday, Wimbledon screenings, Glastonbury and much more, there will be something for everyone!

Let me know if you do go down at some point during the tournament, I was invited down to watch the opening game next week but can't make it, as it's a bit of a bugger for me to get back home after a skinful! 😁

2 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

How much will that cost you?

Unless the missus has put some turnstiles in that I don't know about then just the cost of beers n stuff from Supermarkets/ offys

• Haha 1

I think we are going to royally bollocks up the best chance we’ve had of winning a major trophy for sometime 😢😢 players don’t seem together as one and fragmented with Southgate not knowing his arse from his starting 11. Maguire injury not helped 

Still looking forward to it cos you never know it’s a funny old game 

On 11/06/2024 at 06:15, Andyben said:

I wouldn't bother.

He's starting with Trent in Midfield and has given him the #8 shirt..

Forza Azzuri 🇮🇹

You listen to the radio media 'experts' and he's the next Pirlo or Zidane. 

"Put him alongside Rice and watch spray passes out to Foden and Saka and accelerate momentum forward" was what one idiot pundit said

Wonder if Bellingham is happy we're building the team around Alexander-Arnold and not him 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

You listen to the radio media 'experts' and he's the next Pirlo or Zidane. 

"Put him alongside Rice and watch spray passes out to Foden and Saka and accelerate momentum forward" was what one idiot pundit said

Wonder if Bellingham is happy we're building the team around Alexander-Arnold and not him 

Exactly.

Its embarrassing and absolutely everything The Fraud promised not to do (including not playing Foden centrally because he hadn't played much there for City)

Trent doesn't have the nous to keep his position at RB, how's he gonna cope in Midfield with Kroos, Emre Can and Gundongan in front of him and Musiala and Sane behind him. Absolutely fucked he won't be e to cope with th Danish or Serbian midfields

Edited by Andyben

Trent is fine in games when we will dominate the ball, and teams do the dreaded low block against us.

But, he’ll not play in midfield if we play teams with any quality.

It will be Rice and Gallagher in all those games.

7 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Trent is fine in games when we will dominate the ball, and teams do the dreaded low block against us.

This. 
Foden chucked out on the left too

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

But others would be better 

9 minutes ago, Andyben said:

But others would be better 

It depends on how negative the opposition is. The better the team, the more freedom our top players will get.

Our only true passer in the last third is Kane. Even the likes of Bellingham and Foden are better known for their ball carrying abilities. 

If you break down the four midfield players. Rice and Gallagher are high energy. Mainoo and Wharton are continuity players. TAA is the only one with range in his passing. Against shit teams that range makes a difference.

But against good teams, he will be taken apart defensively both as a right back and as a central midfield player.

• Like 1