Players Out Of Contract

13 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

He inly wanted a 1 year deal.

He's openly said that this is a stepping stone to a better club

Be interesting to see which 'better club's he goes to as only QPR were stats monitoring, before his injury. 

21/22 he was on a shop window loan at Hull, as Man Utd had made their mind up on him. Hull didn't want to buy him and neither did anyone else. 

22/23 and they couldn't get him out on loan in August. He went on a loan to buy at Portsmouth in January but they didn't want him either and he didn't want L1 as his 'stepping stone'

23/24 and he had no other concrete offers apart from ours. Without us he'd have been trial hopping as an unregistered player. 

He might have to adjust his attitude next season. Coming from Chelsea's and Man Utd's youth set ups doesn't give you jack all in the free agent market

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Do you think DM always told the truth?

Don't believe a word that came out of his mouth, known too many like him.

However, it was also said about Downes when he left that he'd finished his work and everything was ready to go for the new season before he left, so it has some corroboration.

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

I'm sure you've said in other threads, probably the one on the Cov  /Palmer situation that you participated in the songs/ chants back in the day?

Anyhow, the point was that he's apparently leaving because of that gross event not because he's saying he's bigger than the club, and despite his assertion his contract was always seen as a stepping stone for his career it's more than fair to assume that what happened to his mate is the primary deciding factor as to whether he stayed or not.

According to Ty apart from a Turkish team, (IIRC) no other club has actively and consistently  been reviewing his performance data which tends to show that he's not on anyones radar

I am sure he will find there is no racism in Turkey 

Yes I have admitted that in 1981 or thereabouts I probably joined in said racist chanting. Alongside about 50% of the Kop and the same in the North. 

I have never said it was acceptable and indeed as my teenage brain cells developed a bit more and  gained a bit more education from teachers etc, but I would say more we signed black players racism of any overt nature was to my knowledge not heard from the terraces at Hillsborough.

So these last few years it's more than disappointing it as crept back in, but online abuse is where the issue really is. 

33 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

The fact that we offered so many (thanks for getting us promoted) extensions and brought James in from Blackpool suggests that was the plan all along. 

Moore was never going to be the man to rip that team apart and go with youth. That's why there was all this talk about the plans were already in place and agreed on. Couldn't do that without a load of pre-agreements and/or a fair amount of tapping up. 

Love to know who the ones from other teams were and what the plan actually was.

DM got us up by pandering to the senior players and still think he knew we were fucked and any plan was unworkable because of said players so jumped ship.

7 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

DM got us up by pandering to the senior players and still think he knew we were fucked and any plan was unworkable because of said players so jumped ship.

Despite the fact he's admitted since that he asked for what DC said he did (3x salary) and as they couldn't agree his rolling annual contract wasn't renewed?

He created the problem, cost us automatic promotion and as such put us 4/6 weeks behind on recruitment which left us with a shit show of a squad and wanted to triple (or was it quadruple) his wages? 

Who was the striker from Rangers that if we'd gone up earlier was going to sign @Tylluan

And please stop making excuses for DM if he was so grwat What's he done in management this season?

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 1

Just now, Andyben said:

Despite the fact he's admitted since that he asked for what DC said he did (3x salary) and as they couldn't agree his rolling annual contract wasn't renewed?

He created the problem, cost us automatic promotion and left us with a shit show of a squad and wanted to triple (or was it quadruple) his wages? 

What's he done in management this season?

Calm down, I'm not defending the bloke.

Can't stand him and think he's caused more damage to this club than any manager I can remember.

That's what I'm saying.

He knew it was a shitshow and jumped, presumably thought he was going to WBA, hence asking for the Monday announcement, then it fell thorough that afternoon, so his agent had to come up with a story about why he left, as he now needed a job, which did the rounds and triggered the Palmer incident and the shitshow of a summer.

The worst part of it was that Chansiri thought he'd done his penance for relegation by getting us back up despite DM, then the media and vocal fanbase sided with DM and finally broke whatever relationship he still had with the fans.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Alfredo Morelos.

Yep.

Apparently top of Moore's list. There were rumours he'd already lined up a house in Wetherby as Leeds had a few Spanish speaking lads and we didn't at that time

About to be sacked by Santos for fitness and performance issues (and also they can't afford his now halved wages) something Beale accused him of at Rangers

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/04/2024 at 11:38, Tewksbury said:

Here's one I made, it's a bit different to the Star one.

They've also included loans in that number, so it's a bit misleading.

Screenshot_20240404_165643_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20240321_100917_Sheets.jpg

I think he’ll offer to Bannan, Bernard, Iorfa, Palmer, Vaulks, Windass. Maybe Dawson. All knowing we’re looking to bring better players in. 

2 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

I think he’ll offer to Bannan, Bernard, Iorfa, Palmer, Vaulks, Windass. Maybe Dawson. All knowing we’re looking to bring better players in. 

Doubt Dawson personally but agree about everything else. Could argue a case for Johnson but I suspect he'll not be offered  a new deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Andyben said:

DC is in charge of the Club, DR just the team, Barry 

Don't think Barry believes that.

DC has pandered to him for too long while BB cries to the press at every opportunity. 

• Like 1

I think it's a fucking awful interview starts off, been here 8 years, love the club want to stay, blah blah blah. Then basically says, if we'd gone down I would have had to leave... can't love the club that much

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Like me they might have forgotten about him. 🤣

I've been trying to find out for a bit to be honest. I did look on Transfermarkt but it isn't disclosed on there either. I reckon he has another year, minimum ffs.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Alan Finney said:

I've been trying to find out for a bit to be honest. I did look on Transfermarkt but it isn't disclosed on there either. I reckon he has another year, minimum ffs.

Joe Crann had him down for another year, but may have been an option for one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alan Finney said:

According to a usually reliable poster on another SM site, Barry Bannan had agreed a new contract with the club prior the last game.

He obviously thinks he's too good for League One, so thinks he must be starting.

Must be what Röhl was on about when he was talking about having an idea and being able to implement that idea. There's no way he can play the 2 x 6s in the way he wants to play with Bannan here.

4 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

He obviously thinks he's too good for League One, so thinks he must be starting.

Must be what Röhl was on about when he was talking about having an idea and being able to implement that idea. There's no way he can play the 2 x 6s in the way he wants to play with Bannan here.

TBH with you, after seeing some of his interviews after the game I thought it was a done deal the way he was speaking. If this is all true and he has signed or about to then you'd like to think it's what Rohl wants, but it is a murky area that, what the manager and club wants I mean. Usually aligned, but by no means always.

Just now, Alan Finney said:

TBH with you, after seeing some of his interviews after the game I thought it was a done deal the way he was speaking. If this is all true and he has signed or about to then you'd like to think it's what Rohl wants, but it is a murky area that, what the manager and club wants I mean. Usually aligned, but by no means always.

He even says that Chansiri has always said, as long as he has his legs, he has a contract.

Chansiri has a massive blind spot with Bannan, I don't think the manager matters where he's concerned.

• Like 2

I’m hoping we’ll get news in the next couple of days. 

Can’t wait for this summer. The best thing about staying up is the possibilities it brings for signings for next season. So many players who weren’t interested in January will now want to be a part of the squad. We can get better youngsters from Prem clubs on loan for the season.

24 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

I’m hoping we’ll get news in the next couple of days. 

Can’t wait for this summer. The best thing about staying up is the possibilities it brings for signings for next season. So many players who weren’t interested in January will now want to be a part of the squad. We can get better youngsters from Prem clubs on loan for the season.

This. If clubs take note with how much Beadle improved, then it puts us in very good stead to get more in from up there.... 

• Like 2

On 05/05/2024 at 21:25, Tewksbury said:

He even says that Chansiri has always said, as long as he has his legs, he has a contract.

Chansiri has a massive blind spot with Bannan, I don't think the manager matters where he's concerned.

Are we trying to give ammunition to the list compilers?  

• Like 1

On 08/05/2024 at 08:47, Supercockle said:

So many players who weren’t interested in January will now want to be a part of the squad.

Fuck them. Spineless, chicken-hearted, not up for a relegation scrap *****.

You didn't want to sign for Wednesday in 2023/24? Fine. But don't expect to jump aboard the mid-table / possibly higher bus for a ride in 2024/25.

43 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Fuck them. Spineless, chicken-hearted, not up for a relegation scrap *****.

You didn't want to sign for Wednesday in 2023/24? Fine. But don't expect to jump aboard the mid-table / possibly higher bus for a ride in 2024/25.

Which is why I would be pleased to see a return for Beadle, Ugbo & Poveda. 

We need an overall uplift in quality in the squad but can be added to in the spaces left by Fletcher, Gregory, Hendrick, Diaby, Wilks (hopefully), James & Byas (sadly).

13 minutes ago, Theman said:

shame there is a player there

He'll not be short of suitors mate. I loved and appreciated his contribution prior to the season just gone but the fact of the matter is that unbeknown to me at the time, him, Gregory and James just fell short of what was required. The manager knew that and did what was required and I'm sure every last one of us will wish the 3 of them all the best wherever they finish up.

Byers wasn't the same player for us since he missed the back end of the promotion season, and the beginning of this one, with a hamstring injury. 

He looked ok for Blackpool while on loan so maybe he's one of those Michael Smith type players. Possibly too good for L1 but possibly not quite good for the championship. Swansea fans thought he wasn't good enough. 

23 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Which is why I would be pleased to see a return for Beadle, Ugbo & Poveda. 

We need an overall uplift in quality in the squad but can be added to in the spaces left by Fletcher, Gregory, Hendrick, Diaby, Wilks (hopefully), James & Byas (sadly).

Agree though a bit of a question mark over Poveda's fitness. Us wanting anything about that in his contract could be an issue if there are others wanting his services who don't have our experience of the lad. Hopefully with regular training and playing his fitness would pick up so he isn't injury prone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Byers wasn't the same player for us since he missed the back end of the promotion season, and the beginning of this one, with a hamstring injury. 

He looked ok for Blackpool while on loan so maybe he's one of those Michael Smith type players. Possibly too good for L1 but possibly not quite good for the championship. Swansea fans thought he wasn't good enough. 

Think Byers can  be forgiven given considering how unwell he was. Just playing again is good enough.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 18:56, Alan Finney said:

The Stir has a list of 20 players who could be on their way out. I'm sorry to say, Mallik Wilks isn't one of them.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/20-sheffield-wednesday-players-who-could-now-have-played-their-last-game-for-the-owls-4615920?page=1

It really is a bit of a shit stirring rag these days.  “Threadbare squad”.  They have to report everything relating to Wednesday in the worst possible light.  I can easily believe that Röhl would ideally like to replace 20 players.  I would love it if he did.  But it won’t happen because he is constrained by what can be realistically achieved given time frame and budget.  The business he did in January was excellent.  Let’s see.