Will we be cock-a-hoop this weekend?

Deserved it today. Better side, went a bit longer today and picked up the seconds. I thought, despite the miss, Windass was decent, Bannan and Palmer did well. But, Gassama gets MOM today, although I thought Bambo and Smith were good too.

Aside from them hitting the bar, they’ve not created a lot. And we’ve had decent possession all day. 

7 points from a possible 15 will do it.

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

Deserved it today. Better side, went a bit longer today and picked up the seconds. I thought, despite the miss, Windass was decent, Bannan and Palmer did well. But, Gassama gets MOM today, although I thought Bambo and Smith were good too.

Aside from them hitting the bar, they’ve not created a lot. And we’ve had decent possession all day. 

7 points from a possible 15 will do it.

They put a shift in as well, unlike at Middlesbrough! 

What a relief and keeps us in it. Stoke, Huddersfield and Birmingham take the edge off slightly but hopefully this gives us that injection of belief ahead of a key home game. We just don’t seem allowed out that bottom three 😅

3 minutes ago, TheExile said:

What a relief and keeps us in it. Stoke, Huddersfield and Birmingham take the edge off slightly but hopefully this gives us that injection of belief ahead of a key home game. We just don’t seem allowed out that bottom three 😅

Birmingham lost?

6 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Nothing lower than someone pretending to be disabled. It's his 'carer' that unfolds the flag.

Fucking scum

The carer is a bloke in a wig it’s all set up and Rotherham fans are absolutely creaming themselves over it highlight of their season. They seem to have gone a bit quiet this afternoon though.

Get in Wednesday 💙💙💙💙

Edited by HappyOwl

That feels HUGE. A proper return after the dire performance on Monday.

We defended so well at times today, across the defence, but… A massive round of applause for Diaby who was a colossus today. It was a proper battle of wills between him and Armstrong and in the right spirit, honest, not an ounce of malice from either of them. Just brute strength and determination at times from both of them but Diaby, coming out on top. 

Gutted about Poveda, might be the last we see of him. Which would be a shame. But Gassama came in and took the attacking mantle admirably. His sheer persistence earned him the goal, and the pass for the second was inch perfect. 

Hopefully Windass gets rid of his ring rust as that chance will go down in history… 🤣

• Like 2

Danny was interviewed on Praise or Grumble a few minutes ago. Thinks it’s possibly a season ending injury for Poveda and when asked about Neymarv, responded along the lines of not wanting to talk about him, it’s about the team today.

Sounds like he’s rocked the apple cart after Monday’s game at Middlesbrough.

Praised the attitude of the players today and spoke briefly about which players he can rely on and which ones he can’t. 

Clearly a manager who is not going to have players take the proverbial - and good on him for being like that! 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Birmingham lost?

30 minutes ago, star said:

Was thinking the same and Huddersfield win has dragged Milwall back into it

I’d missed that Leicester goal as away with limited signal that’s a relief. I’d rather have Huddersfield drop points than millwall though 

Enjoyed that, was surprised at post match stats at the number of shots they had, only one that hit the bar was a concern.

How the fuck Windass missed is still a mystery. Genuinely harder to miss than score. 

Bit stressed work wise this week, so 2 minutes scream therapy at Graham Scott when Bannan was injured just below us helped. He was not happy with Tango in the disabled bit below us giving him close up verbals 

1 hour ago, star said:

The comment about Johnson not being involved from Rohl is a bit strange, seems as though something has gone off between the two

I wonder if that was the comment the other week about players demanding to play but not doing the job? Good player but hard work I think 

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Be amazed if he turns out for us again.

Röhl's been trying to replace him since he got here, if Windass or Pedersen had been fit (or Schultz signed), I'd say he'd have been out long ago.

Check the  smoggies thread.

I had their comms on and they mentioned he'd played for them for x seasons and fell out with every single manager 

Supports what someone else said about the Munoz era. 

Th left side with Neymarv Windass and Bannan jusy didn't do what he asked or said.

None of whom will be here next season 

Edited by Andyben

12 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Check the  smoggies thread.

I had their comms on and they mentioned he'd played for them for x seasons and fell out with every single manager 

Supports what someone else said about the Munoz era. 

Th left side with Neymarv Windass and Bannan jusy didn't do what he asked or said.

None of whom will be here next season 

Bet Baz bloody is

• Like 1

There hasn’t been enough talk of the Gassma goal really. One of the best relegation ugly goals since that Barry Corr/simek one away at Millwall whilst they all celebrated a goal that wasn’t. Imagine the horror for qpr when that went in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheExile said:

There hasn’t been enough talk of the Gassma goal really. One of the best relegation ugly goals since that Barry Corr/simek one away at Millwall whilst they all celebrated a goal that wasn’t. Imagine the horror for qpr when that went in

The sheer determination from him was admirable though. He wasn’t giving it up even after he’d seemingly overrun it

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The sheer determination from him was admirable though. He wasn’t giving it up even after he’d seemingly overrun it

Yeah it was a product of closing down so credit to him. We’d be pulling our hair out though if Bambo had blasted one off someone’s shins and in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheExile said:

Yeah it was a product of closing down so credit to him. We’d be pulling our hair out though if Bambo had blasted one off someone’s shins and in. 

Yeah we would, but in reality there’s absolutely jack shit you can do in those situations. It’s just unfortunate …

or

in yesterday’s case…. Bloody wonderful

The irony of being out and about in London yesterday was there were plenty of Geordies around. I wonder what they would have made of the QPR away end. To note this isn't a whinge, I quite like the place, but it's certainly compact in the concourse. The young uns first visit so its always intriguing to get his observation as he sees football through no knowledge of the past. Given he has been to Charlton (so not dissimilar) but to West Ham and Spurs with his mates (very different) he was OK but a tad unsure in the concourse at the end with the crowding. But he survived without the need to tell everyone on social media of the disregard for health and safety. He also rather enjoys the post match on the train platform Wednesday chanting

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

The irony of being out and about in London yesterday was there were plenty of Geordies around. I wonder what they would have made of the QPR away end. To note this isn't a whinge, I quite like the place, but it's certainly compact in the concourse. The young uns first visit so its always intriguing to get his observation as he sees football through no knowledge of the past. Given he has been to Charlton (so not dissimilar) but to West Ham and Spurs with his mates (very different) he was OK but a tad unsure in the concourse at the end with the crowding. But he survived without the need to tell everyone on social media of the disregard for health and safety. He also rather enjoys the post match on the train platform Wednesday chanting

I was thinking something similar yesterday, to say it’s cosy on that concourse is to be put a positive spin on it.

As you say MK I wouldn’t necessarily criticise it, but it is a stadium that highlights some of the inconsistencies in how stadia and safety is handled across the leagues and clubs.

Re the game, I felt we would get something, so happy with getting 3points.

A real shame about Poveda, he gives us something different to the power and pace of our other forward looking players. I though Smith had a great game yesterday, some good touches and a nuisance to them all day.

I expect a slightly different selection on Tuesday with potentially Pol back for Iorfa and may be Pederson for Famewo. Wouldn’t be surprised to find Vaulks to start.

A point on Tuesday and a win next weekend would be a very good return for the final few games to come.

13 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I was thinking something similar yesterday, to say it’s cosy on that concourse is to be put a positive spin on it.

As you say MK I wouldn’t necessarily criticise it, but it is a stadium that highlights some of the inconsistencies in how stadia and safety is handled across the leagues and clubs.

Re the game, I felt we would get something, so happy with getting 3points.

A real shame about Poveda, he gives us something different to the power and pace of our other forward looking players. I though Smith had a great game yesterday, some good touches and a nuisance to them all day.

I expect a slightly different selection on Tuesday with potentially Pol back for Iorfa and may be Pederson for Famewo. Wouldn’t be surprised to find Vaulks to start.

A point on Tuesday and a win next weekend would be a very good return for the final few games to come.

From memory, Tank, the concourse behind the goal at Notts County is an even smaller version of the one at QPR.  I Don't like either, though yesterday was alright.

I agree about Smith's performance and about Poveda. I wonder if it's to do with his general lack of football leaving him vulnerable or even the things he tries to do physically. 

The battle between Diaby & their big 30 was worth watching.  Hard, fast and sporting. 

Above all, what a good day out. 

Röhl doesn't suffer fools and after handing MJ a route back to the first team he's been hung out to dry.

I said a long time ago MJ is a problem character.

He downed tools to force moves at several clubs.

Anyway on to Tuesday and we need 4 points from these two home game IMHO.

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 3

Still Cock-a-hoop after yesterday's win. Before game I was fearing that the great escape was going to be over but the players turned up along with us fans and put a shift in. 

On to the next two games now where a return of 4 points would be terrific. 

6 would be amazing whilst anything less than 3 would be a disaster. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Röhl doesn't suffer fools and after handing MJ a route back to the first team he's been hung out to dry.

I said a long time ago MJ is a problem character.

He downed tools to force moves at several clubs.

Anyway on to Tuesday and we need 4 points from these two home game IMHO.

One of several problem character players we have had these last few years. Or where the managers have not been able to work with them. 

Certainly an area to address in future recruitment as much as footballing ability

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mkowl said:

One of several problem character players we have had these last few years. Or where the managers have not been able to work with them. 

Certainly an area to address in future recruitment as much as footballing ability

I believe Röhl is a very detailed diligent manager and will assess the characters of the players he is bringing in for a rebuild.

What I like is we have a coaching set up with what seems like characters and individuals rather the old boys network Moore had.

On that note, what an absolute pleasure it is to see Chris Powells reaction after games and the enjoyment he appears to have in this role.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Still Cock-a-hoop after yesterday's win. Before game I was fearing that the great escape was going to be over but the players turned up along with us fans and put a shift in. 

On to the next two games now where a return of 4 points would be terrific. 

6 would be amazing whilst anything less than 3 would be a disaster. 

Good to see that crest of a wave of optimism has lasted...not sure you can say anything less than three points would be a disaster, surely depends on other results?!

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Good to see that crest of a wave of optimism has lasted...not sure you can say anything less than three points would be a disaster, surely depends on other results?!

I know what you mean but when playing one another some above us are certain to pick points up. 

Plymouth v QPR on Tuesday. 

3 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

I think he's right, mate.  We keep catching up to the pack and dropping back again. With only 5 games left we MUST break through now. That would have a huge effect on morale, on us and possibly the ones we pass.  (And the same in reverse if we don't.)  "Do it now."  

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

I know what you mean but when playing one another some above us are certain to pick points up. 

Plymouth v QPR on Tuesday. 

Can't both win and we only need to catch one of them

• Like 1