Will we be cock-a-hoop this weekend?

Referee: GRAHAM SCOTT
Assistants: Simon Bennett and Daniel Leach
Fourth Official : Gavin Ward

Mr Scott has only reffed 17 games this season, across the Prem, Championship and League one as well as both domestic cup competitions. But hasn’t reffed us this term.

Last time he officiated in the middle for us…. Everton (a) FA Cup 2021 - 0-3 loss. 

9 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Wednesday to score 2+ goals at 11/4 is my bet today. Not saying we'll win but fancy us to have a good go. If there's no reaction after Boro and what was supposedly said then there never will be

Our biggest opponent seems to be the mentality we adopt. 

What still gets me is how it changed from Good Friday where despite only getting a draw, most felt the performance was decent. Then 3 days later, aside from the first 10 minutes it was utterly abject.

The thing is the circular diagram above could reflect 90 minutes of watching Wednesday not the entire season.

The risk is that QPR smell the opportunity to all but secure safety today and we fall apart.

Anyway went to a quiz last night and our team had a shocker, finished 2nd bottom. Great omen

37 minutes ago, Andyben said:

3-0 loss today.

Even my inherent negativity is feeling more negative than usual 

Saying that 4 months or so ago I earmarked this game as being the trapdoor day so we are behind that at least.

The game on Sky away at Blackburn does have that vibe now. 

I just can’t shake a bad feeling about today. QPR really have the bit between their teeth and we, er, don’t.

Out recent record at Loftus Road is a bit mixed, two wins there in 19-20 but three defeats around that with 11 conceded. 

11 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I just can’t shake a bad feeling about today. QPR really have the bit between their teeth and we, er, don’t.

Out recent record at Loftus Road is a bit mixed, two wins there in 19-20 but three defeats around that with 11 conceded. 

Wasn't that the time we had won more games at Loftus Road than them over a period.

The non sending off a while back when our player got rugby tackled 35 yards out going through on goal. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Wasn't that the time we had won more games at Loftus Road than them over a period.

The non sending off a while back when our player got rugby tackled 35 yards out going through on goal. 

Yes and also we had won more games at Loftus Road than Hillsborough before lockdown.

That was Clint Hill on Sougou I think?

How embarrassing is it that toytown can pay for a banner taking the piss out of another club, while we have to crowdfund a flag half that size that is supposed to be essential in the battle to save the club from the evil Chansiri?

Not going to be easy today but we have to go into the game believing we can get something.

We aren’t playing a top side from this division and if we can apply ourselves well, have some self-belief, set ourselves up with the right system, learn how to take an effective set piece, not freeze/panic/take the wrong option in front of goal and also work our socks off, then we’re in with a good shout.

Not hoping for or expecting too much, am I?

1 minute ago, BraddersTim said:

I really don't want to be right but that team feels like he's learnt nothing from Ipswich/Leicester/Southampton.

This. 

Bannan in a middle two again. 

FFS if Poveda is fit enough to start then drop Bannan for Vaulks, play two grafters in the middle and let Poveda and Windass run around and cause problems.

It's not rocket science Danny. 

I’m guessing kind of 4-2-3-1 with Smith up front, Poveda and Ugbo out wide and Windass in the trequartista role?   But yeah, two midfield destroyers sitting would make more sense.

I have a feeling this will either be a total disaster or a pleasant surprise, Ipswich or Millwall.

29 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Tink, it’s the hope that kills you

Yeah...

Wednesday never change mate

More ups and downs than a rollercoaster yet we still keep hoping

I've given in wondering if I'm crazy a long time ago 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1