Will we be singing the Blues?

HoylandOwl

A resounding endorsement of MW intensity in training. I suppose as he says, if you set the expectations it’s not a good idea to then apply those expectations inconsistently. 
I think as we’ve discussed on here before, we are unlikely to see MW in a startling 11 any time soon unless he suddenly turns over a new leaf. It seems Bailey could be ahead of him for the foreseeable.

51 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Wilks may be thinking 'I'm not near the starting 11, my contract is nearly up, so what's the point.'

Shop window loan in January if we can ship him out. I've a feeling there's a few agents already been told to start finding their clients new clubs sooner rather than later. 

Let’s hope so. Get shut of one or two, free up some places in the squad and get players in for the future, whatever division that may be in. Wilks has been a disaster. I like my players to give everything, regardless of their ability. Him and Fletcher haven’t showed anything in their time with us. They can go. Hendrick looks shot. Those three would be the first out of the door for me. 

Oh shit I forgot we actually have to watch us lose again. We are actually a much better team when there is no opposition.

In all seriousness the next week sees three games, Brum, Leicester and Blackburn that will tell us a great deal about whether Rohl can instill a degree of competiveness but probably more so belief in this group of players.

4 points out of those games would actually be overachieving based on what we have seen so far. 

22 hours ago, JBO said:

Have you seen who the ref is :classic_ninja:

Referee: REBECCA WELCH
Alex James and Mark Russell
Fourth Official : Paul Howard

For those who don't remember.......

She officiated that game at Oxford last season with THAT penalty. 

This season. 

She averages 5 yellow cards per game, in the 5 games she's officiated. And there has been 1 red card this season.

32 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Just get our players to theatrically fall over a Birmingham player on the grass in the penalty box and we'll get a penalty or two

Or get sent off!!!!

If you think any referee is going to be kind to us because of past decisions, i am afraid you need to seek help 😜

1 hour ago, Snap said:

Yep, she'll be thinking any dubious decisions she gives our way could be an admission of guilt. We'll get sweet FA from her.

Yeah

If anything, the same thing will happen, just to prove the first decision was somewhere near correct, in their eyes 🤓

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Ok Dawson just watching that go in is ammunition for his detractors. But it was a good strike but how unfortunate that 5 players rightly go  to block it, misses all of them. 

I didn't like how the guy was completely unmarked from the corner. I mean nobody within 15 yards when the ball came in.

Just now, Jim said:

I didn't like how the guy was completely unmarked from the corner. I mean nobody within 15 yards when the ball came in.

Yeah leaving him out there did worry me as they were lining up for it. But having five players closing it down when it did come out, and not one of them getting at least a nick on the ball is just typical of our luck