Will we be singing the Blues?

HoylandOwl

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Very good display, but, a bad time to concede.

We should be 2-up before they score.

Great strike from Bacuna. One or two blaming Dawson, just a great strike that has swerved away through a crowd of players.

Keep that press up for another 30 minutes, we’ll score at least once.

Plenty more shouting abuse at Dawson here. Pretty obviously unsighted.  

As they went off Dawson was angrilly shouting at a player, setting dickheads in crowd off again.  "It went right in centre of goal!"   Fuck off, moron. 

9 minutes ago, bricat said:

This ref is absolutely shit for both sides. Should be kicked out of the game.

Don't worry, she won't be refereeing for long.

She will be fast tracked up into the Hierarchy.

First woman to be this and first woman to be that shizzle. 

Awful for the second. Does not reflect well on Diaby who was jogging back in as they break and didn’t react to the save either.

He’s been awful this half. Not good enough for this division or the division below.

Birmingham beat the press by banging it long. They haven’t caused massive problems but you know we have a mistake in us.

We’ve not offered much second half but until the goal, never looked in massive trouble unless the ball was in and around Diaby.

• Like 1

There is an inevitability about this season. Our best is just not good enough to win games and I am not sure what Rohl can really do. We are organised, we play ok to a fashion, but still get beaten by a side not playing well. And if an average side plays well it's a 2 or 3 goal margin.

There will be talk about January signings but really save our money. 

2 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

At what point are these players going to stand up? 

How on earth Diaby keeps playing week in week out, I'll never know.

This lot aren't A Championship squad.

You just need to accept this is the best of their capabilities.

And it's not at the required level.

The recruitment was shocking but so was the forward planning for the Championship

Mambo Diaby is the worst centre half we’ve ever had.

Yes, worse than Dean Smith, Ashley Westwood, Steven Haslam, and Guy Branston.

He has every single attribute you need to be a top defender apart from the important one. A brain. And I mean he hasn’t got one ounce of football intelligence, he’s also menatally weak, invariably makes a mistake and then just gets worse.

Pay him up and bomb him.

If there's not wholesale changes in January, we've not even got a glimmer of hope. As a group they're not good enough, AT ALL.

Birmingham weren't good in the slightest. But they had more belief than us. 

Gassama was a bright spark. Not much more to say than that. 

I'm absolutely gutted tonight, it's just hammered home how bad we are, and how we need nothing short of a miracle to not be an absolute laughing stock by being down earlier than anyone else. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

If there's not wholesale changes in January, we've not even got a glimmer of hope. As a group they're not good enough, AT ALL.

I'm absolutely gutted tonight, it's just hammered home how bad we are, and how we need nothing short of a miracle to not be an absolute laughing stock by being down earlier than anyone else. 

I agree with MK, if we are miles adrift, I wouldn’t make any signings for the benefit of this season. I would also be utterly brutal and get rid of loans, out of contract players, and anyone who he does not feel is good enough. Drop them from the squad, pay them up. Just get shut.

Any player that is signed is not for this season. But for the rebuild.

But, and I say this with belief. Danny Rohl will not manage in league one next season. Mark my words.

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

I agree with MK, if we are miles adrift, I wouldn’t make any signings for the benefit of this season. I would also be utterly brutal and get rid of loans, out of contract players, and anyone who he does not feel is good enough. Drop them from the squad, pay them up. Just get shut.

But, and I say this with belief. Danny Rohl will not manage in league one next season. Mark my words.

He will walk away ? Or DC will fire him 

40 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Awful for the second. Does not reflect well on Diaby who was jogging back in as they break and didn’t react to the save either.

He’s been awful this half. Not good enough for this division or the division below.

Birmingham beat the press by banging it long. They haven’t caused massive problems but you know we have a mistake in us.

We’ve not offered much second half but until the goal, never looked in massive trouble unless the ball was in and around Diaby.

He gave the ball away profusely throughout. I also don't like him bringing the ball into contact whilst he's last man. 

14 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Don't say that, ffs!

14 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I wouldn’t make any signings for the benefit of this season. I would also be utterly brutal and get rid of loans,

If Rohl can swing it I'd bring some loans in that he knows, some RB players to see the season out. There are some financial rumblings within other clubs that could yet see us escape if we don't give up. Plus a decent second half may help next season's ticket sales.

17 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Said it previously but I think Powell would stay, if it was offered, and provide the continuity 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

If Rohl can swing it I'd bring some loans in that he knows, some RB players to see the season out. There are some financial rumblings within other clubs that could yet see us escape if we don't give up. Plus a decent second half may help next season's ticket sales.

Said it previously but I think Powell would stay, if it was offered, and provide the continuity 

1. Fair comment. 

2. I'm fairly sure in his main interview after joining us he said he's decided he's not a number one: that that has now gone. 

Edited by Owling_Wolf

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

This is the frustrating thing, whilst we are not quite good enough I’d also say the league isn’t that great either. Apart from quality in the Soton team that has now left it’s not that great a division except for the odd loanee that is getting game time for a future in the PL.

We are toothless. Fletcher was our one striker that joined us and is absolutely awful, completely ineffective.

Its hard to see anything other than relegation but the glimmer of hope is that DR and his coaching team seem to be mustard and with the right investment in January I think it’s still possible we can overcome Rotherham, QPR and Huddersfield. A lot has to click though, I’d say our chance is 25%.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0
  • Like 1

The most sobering aspect is its not really hurting, it's more a resigned acceptance of our fate. We went ahead, playing acceptable but when the opposition score and then later take the lead its more of a shrug.

I get that people don't want to accept that relegation is inevitable. That the gap is surmountable with 3 or 4 January signings. 

But to me if that did by some miracle happen what next. The Club actually needs to re-group and grow more organically and not lurch from one short term fix to the next. Why we should not waste money in January. 

5 minutes ago, Snap said:

I thought I saw one but not sure. I wouldn't attach any blame to Dawson this week and if he were to get any then so should Windass.

It was a powerful strike, that swerved a lot and Dawson did not see it til late. But his reaction - basically not reacting - looks awful

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

It was a powerful strike, that swerved a lot and Dawson did not see it til late. But his reaction - basically not reacting - looks awful

But that's the thing. Looks awful, but not withstanding it comes out very quickly from the back of four bodies jumping across the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

When it clicks, well be reyt, but if we're 433 now Bernard and Ihiekwe are our center halves.

I sadly don't share that optimism

Our goalies have an error waiting to happen.

We are now playing centre halves at fullback..

The midfield is ageing and cannot sustain 90 minutes

None of our strikers has a killer instinct

Opposition teams are not having to play well to defeat us 

Sadly I think this is our top level of capability - no more clicks upward 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Well you're wrong, putting it bluntly.

We were the better side and if it wasn't for our fuck ups they'd have got nowt.

Add Mo Diaby into midfield with Vaulks and Byers (Bannan is done) and find a keeper, striker plus a proper left back and we're there.

Be in the play offs before you know it 😜

So we are fine, aside from half the team needing changing. 

19 minutes ago, Snap said:

Now that's what I like to see. Some fighting talk although you did say Momo was a miss the other day. You thinking that was a bit premature now and you might change your mind? Which is allowed BTW.

My point is to think more for the future, for once. I wouldn't spend a penny in January, save our funds.

Put that towards supporting continued development of the younger squads, sourcing players that can develop over the next 2 - 3 years. 

If not we are going to yo yo between these divisions. We need to bridge that gap in some way 

• Like 1

It's strange with Rohl - if another manager had come in and lost 5 out of 6 games then the knives would be out and sharpened. 

I think most of us realise we are collectively below the required level for the Championship. 

Rohl has shown he can take us forward, but he really is doing it with limited resources.

Will he want to test himself in the 3rd tier of English football. 

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

We go down, Röhl will walk.

It's  shit or bust 

What makes you think that. He won't want to drop to that level, get better offers.

I actually think a season at that level with a re-shaped squad and him in charge, I would be optimistic of top 6 spot, indeed promotion and thereafter a fighting chance of being competitive at this level

2 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

It’s a good question MK, one which I’m sure many will be wondering if we don’t survive.

I feel it is a case of two things, 1) his relationship with DC and the club generally, eg the fans and 2) if he gets any better offers.

Well on the basis no one can predict DC - we all presumed he got on well with Moore and then bam.

The issue for us is that Rohl will be on the radar of German clubs anyway, so that is always likely to be his preference

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

We were in line, behind the goal.  We never saw the ball until it emerged like a rocket from behind the closing defenders. Pretty obviously he didn't either.

• Like 1