Brizzle City Away match thread......

Reesh

He’s a very modern Germanic in his communication style. Very clear and direct with complete clarity. The players will appreciate that instructionally.

What I did like was his comments on imposing his way on his opponents ‘here is how our way will cause them problems.’

• Like 4

Interesting to hear him referring to January - most pointedly after being asked about Fletcher. If the loan terms allow I wouldn't  be surprised at any of the loanees being sent back to facilitate his own recruits.

Really pleased at how he talks about fitness too with the first week of the international break being likely geared towards a mini 'pre-season'. Clearly our fitness levels under Xisco were inadequate.

• Like 1

• Reesh changed the title to Brizzle City Away match thread......

I really like both what DR says and his demeanour in his interviews. Very solid body language and a very steely stare, the journos won't be catching him out that's for sure!

Agree re his comments after the Fletcher question and yes I think he will be sending a lot of loanees back if he can. He will already know which players that could apply to so plenty of time to line up what I am sure will be improvements.

• Like 1

He comes across really well. 

A friend of friend works at Bristol City and apparently the players are all really pissed off about Pearson being sacked it cam out of the blue and they all really liked him. It might be as good a time to play them as any.  

4 hours ago, Lee said:

Agree re his comments after the Fletcher question and yes I think he will be sending a lot of loanees back if he can.

I've heard they're all going back if we can do it. Mostly because they're adding nothing to the team but one has playing time in the loan contract and parent club can pull them back if the stipulation isn't met. A bit like Mighten last season. 

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I've heard they're all going back if we can do it. Mostly because they're adding nothing to the team but one has playing time in the loan contract and parent club can pull them back if the stipulation isn't met. A bit like Mighten last season. 

Unless we guarantee an upgrade on Vasquez I'd prefer he stayed.

Not fussed on the rest assuming Röhl has some resources to replace em

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Unless we guarantee an upgrade on Vasquez I'd prefer he stayed.

Not fussed on the rest assuming Röhl has some resources to replace em

You'd think that he does considering where he's been before.

Not to mention Powell with England and Pederson had a RB loanee at VFF.

I'd love to get a couple of RB loans in, just to see the dickheads winding themselves up about a possible takeover.

Some of those stat things....

Our head to head record reads...

Wednesday wins 30

Bristol City wins 18

Draws 16

Our last win at their place

28th June 2020 - Bristol City 1 Wednesday 2. 

The officials for the game....

Referee: LEWIS SMITH
Assistants: Shaun Hudson and Blake Antrobus
Fourth Official : Gavin Ward

Mr Smith has officiated 16 games so far this season, showing 67 yellow cards and 3 reds 

Last time he officiated us...

Our 1-1 Draw against Stockport County in the League Cup earlier this season at Hillsborough.

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

I’m knackered from all away games told young un we are done for a bit then we go and foster a bloody guide dog that’s programmed to get up at 5 o clock in a morning I’m proper knackered 🙌🙌🙌

Fair play on the Fostering thing pal. My dog is usually up for half five so I feel your pain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Looks like he prefers Dawson  to Vasquez anyway- possibly looking to the longer term as Vasquez won't be with us next season whatever.

Vasquez was ill first week of Danny so Calamity got the nod. Vasquez will be back, just hope Calamity's errors don't cost us too much until then.

• Sad 1

On 02/11/2023 at 19:44, KrolMong said:

He’s a very modern Germanic in his communication style. Very clear and direct with complete clarity. The players will appreciate that instructionally.

What I did like was his comments on imposing his way on his opponents ‘here is how our way will cause them problems.’

Love that, was so frustrating to hear our previous managers shitting it over the likes Forest Green & Yoevil

5 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

And you’ve a cheek to tell me to support the club.

Pour your drink away and go to bed 

Dawson is cack, why am I not supporting the club by saying that?

Not drinking or sleeping as I'm flying in at the moment. The inflatable auto pilot has got a puncture.

2 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

I don't think I've seen much to see Dawson lose the shirt either, I'm not a massive fan of loaning in keepers either. Not to say I think Dawson is awful, in fact he's improved over time, just unlikely to ever be a top 6 championship keeper

Surely the loan agreement for Vasquez will mean that he is forced to shoe horn him in at some stage?

I thought Vasquez best game was L**ds away but Dawson has been ok anyone who says he should’ve saved the 1st at plymouth is just stupid. 

Just seen post that Windass maybe injured he was great on Sunday but I think we need at least a draw and start picking up points make Hillsborough hard place to come too and we start climbing up get 4th from bottom and crack on to safety of 50 points after the worst start ever I’d be quite happy with that. 

Safe travels and respect to anyone making the journey I’m done with away games for a bit cos it’s bloody expensive 😩😩 and I drink too much 😂😂 

UTO

Danny Rohls Barmy Army 

Edited by HappyOwl
Sausages for fingers

11 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

I’m knackered from all away games told young un we are done for a bit then we go and foster a bloody guide dog that’s programmed to get up at 5 o clock in a morning I’m proper knackered 🙌🙌🙌

If you had another trained one, you would have seen that coming 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Vasquez was ill first week of Danny so Calamity got the nod. Vasquez will be back, just hope Calamity's errors don't cost us too much until then.

Vasquez is not immune from the odd rick. Far more ability with the ball at his feet true but prone to over confidence and also is pretty weak on high crosses IMO.

I don't mind Dawson on the whole though his distribution isn't great. I'm  confident that Danny will do what's best which atm includes Dawson. Vasquez may or may not get back in but if still number two come January I could well see him returning.

• Like 1