Brizzle City Away match thread......

Reesh

8 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Am pretty sure that's why he's only on a one year contract. I can't imagine that was our idea.

Him getting a good move isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it will encourage more players in the same situation to come here.

If we are going to be sustainable, then this is the sort of thing we need to be doing.

2 minutes ago, Boracic Lint said:

Him getting a good move isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it will encourage more players in the same situation to come here.

If we are going to be sustainable, then this is the sort of thing we need to be doing.

Only compared with him not coming here in the first place but I know what you mean.

The clubs looking at Bernard are Championship clubs and none of them are currently in contention for promotion.Β 

As good as he's looking in our team he's not PL standard. There's footballing reasons why Man Utd sent him out to Hull and Portsmouth and no other higher club took him when he was released.Β 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

He isn’t 24 until October so believe if he did move at the end of his contract then we’d be due some sort of fee.Β 

Difference between Bernard and someone like Urhoghide is Bernard signed as a first team squad member. He runs his contract down then he walks for nothing. Urhoghide signed initially as an u21 so we could claim academy association to get Celtic to pay.Β 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Difference between Bernard and someone like Urhoghide is Bernard signed as a first team squad member. He runs his contract down then he walks for nothing. Urhoghide signed initially as an u21 so we could claim academy association to get Celtic to pay.Β 

But is that free transfer only if he goes abroad?

3 hours ago, Gamblor said:

But is that free transfer only if he goes abroad?

Sorry mate I don't think you're getting it. We got fees for Shaw and Urhoghide (and the two lads who recently went to Brentford B) because they were 'developed' by us through our academy system and the u21s. We've had no input into Bernard's development as he came to us as a full first teamer.Β 

If he'd turned down a Man Utd contract to become a free agent then we'd have owed them about a million but they released him so they didn't collect anything.Β 

If a player has spent time in a club youth development system and turns down the offer of a contract to become a free agent then the parent club is entitled to recoup some of the coaching and development costs. The amount depends on time spent and academy category. That's why we got around Β£300k for Shaw but only around half of that for Urhoghide.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Was never a red.

but still amazed it got overturnedΒ 

joke though as it probably cost us at least a point, they were there for the takingΒ 

That’s the bit that always gets me about this. It cost us at least a point but nothing happens about that.

I’m not saying you should replay the game but some sort of acknowledgement would be nice.Β 

We have the same number of points as we did at kick off so I'm not sure how it has cost us points

What we saw after the red card has no bearing whatsoever on what we would have seen if it hadn't been given

We might have got something, we might have still lost

Β 

Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, JBO said:

We have the same number of points as we did at kick off so I'm not sure how it has cost us points

What we saw after the red card has no bearing whatsoever on what we would have seen if it hadn't been given

We might have got something, we might have still lost

Β 

You know what I'm saying, a decision like that which is now said to be wrong, has the potential to limit our chances of picking up any points from the game.Β 

11 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

So there's an error, which arguably could be said to have cost us the game. Yet the ref will go unpunished, and carry on this weekend like all is well and he can just basically say 'soz lads' and it'll be over with.

Β 

Correct, apart from the highlighted part...

There is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING.

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

You know what I'm saying, a decision like that which is now said to be wrong, has the potential to limit our chances of picking up any points from the game.Β 

Yes. But it also might not have done

Β 

Β 

13 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

True but the team with the extra man have an advantage.Β 

Of course but football is the single most unpredictable sport yet people continually fall over themselves to say something would definitely have happened if something else hadn't

Β 

Pure conjecture

• Like 1