Hoe for a win

mkowl

Vaulks and Hendrick should start Sunday. As should Bernard and Ihiekwe if fit. 

Keep that solid block in the centre and allow th full backs and wingers to play.

Dawson is still shit.

Vasquez 

Pol.V Bernard Ihiekwe Neymarv 

Hendrick Vaulks

Musaba Gosama 

Windass Smith 

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

I'm not resigned to shit and you virgins shouldn't be either. I've seen more promise in the last 2 games than I have the previous God knows how many. 

Season starts Saturday when we give them 6 fingered sister fuckers a reyt good hammering.

Best not tell him about our recent home record v Rotherham 

Tbf there are a few in Rotherham that like to groom virgins 

• Haha 1

It might be perception rather than reality but I think we’ve tended to do better against Toytown when we have lower expectations, which I think the majority of us would say we have at the moment.

Playing the ex millers in the team could give us an edge but that works both ways.

Im looking forward to Sunday because I haven’t been in a while but not for the prospect of silky football!

As has been said, the usual weaknesses rearing their ugly heads again last night.

I don't buy into the 'low on confidence' theory. Players need to be extremely strong mentally. Anyone failing on this front should not be anywhere near the game.

When your team concedes a goal, you double your efforts to put it right. You don't do a hand slap between team mates,  ala Valentin and Iorfa, immediately after 2-0.

Thought, as decent a strike as the free kick was, Dawson still has to save it.

Can't wait for 'throw-in of the month' for October...

12 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

As has been said, the usual weaknesses rearing their ugly heads again last night.

I don't buy into the 'low on confidence' theory. Players need to be extremely strong mentally. Anyone failing on this front should not be anywhere near the game.

When your team concedes a goal, you double your efforts to put it right. You don't do a hand slap between team mates,  ala Valentin and Iorfa, immediately after 2-0.

Thought, as decent a strike as the free kick was, Dawson still has to save it.

Can't wait for 'throw-in of the month' for October...

In real time, from behind the goal, I thought it took a deflection off of Bannan's head, which took it away from him. Although it doesn't seem so obvious when I've seen it on the highlights.

10 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

It did, young un called it immediately watching on ifollow and it was only the replay from behind the goal that I saw it.

Anyone blaming him for that, or any of the other goals is thick and/or racist against ginners 

Thought he was the least of our issues last night 

He's fucking wank. 2 nil down and he's titting about with the ball like we're 2 up. Same at 3 down. 

Ok The FK went in the corner, but the others would've been saved by any another keeper in this league

Might as well have not bothered with him in the net last neet for what he actually did

This "one of us" is fucking embarrassing, especially with Dawson & Palmer being the ones its sung about.

Well that was some journey and one that I won’t be doing again for a long while.

Fans were class as usual singing even at 3 down

Players looked very sheepish at the end and couldn’t wait to get down the tunnel 

Thought we were great up to the first goal then the sinking feeling started stood right behind the free kick and we called it straight away just knew it was flying in the top corner nothing Dawson could do about it maybe a better set up wall and I thought it was a bit close to be able to get it up and over but hey ho.

Onto Sunday and I think if we play like that first 40 minutes we will give them a game but it’s a derby etc etc 

it’s the hope that kills you and singing Wednesday till I die 300 miles from home when your 3-0 down 😢😢😢

Valuable lesson for the kids that it’s all exciting till you’ve lost and have a 5 hour journey home but we still do it.

We are going to need to hit promotion winning form soon at 2 points average per game to get out of this 50 points target still to aim for but we may be down before the trimmings.

Keep the faith everyone 

Can I start the match thread for Sunday as I can’t do any worse 😂😂😂🙌🙌

• Like 1

Another way of looking at the current plight … if we were 11 points clear at the top would any of you be saying that’s it we’ve won this ???

Answer is no!!

Thus 11 points adrift does not equal relegation in October .. like 11 points clear doesn’t equal promotion in October! 

all to play for!! UTO!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Another way of looking at the current plight … if we were 11 points clear at the top would any of you be saying that’s it we’ve won this ???

Answer is no!!

Thus 11 points adrift does not equal relegation in October .. like 11 points clear doesn’t equal promotion in October! 

all to play for!! UTO!

I've had a pint of Baileys in T5 BA lounge and this makes sense to me....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Well that was some journey and one that I won’t be doing again for a long while.

Fans were class as usual singing even at 3 down

Players looked very sheepish at the end and couldn’t wait to get down the tunnel 

Thought we were great up to the first goal then the sinking feeling started stood right behind the free kick and we called it straight away just knew it was flying in the top corner nothing Dawson could do about it maybe a better set up wall and I thought it was a bit close to be able to get it up and over but hey ho.

Onto Sunday and I think if we play like that first 40 minutes we will give them a game but it’s a derby etc etc 

it’s the hope that kills you and singing Wednesday till I die 300 miles from home when your 3-0 down 😢😢😢

Valuable lesson for the kids that it’s all exciting till you’ve lost and have a 5 hour journey home but we still do it.

We are going to need to hit promotion winning form soon at 2 points average per game to get out of this 50 points target still to aim for but we may be down before the trimmings.

Keep the faith everyone 

Can I start the match thread for Sunday as I can’t do any worse 😂😂😂🙌🙌

We need to share the misery but one day someone will get the glory 

1 hour ago, EBRA said:

Answer is no!!

all to play for!! UTO!

If we were 11 points clear with 3 games to play I would still  think the EFL would find summat to deduct us points.

The rather large difference is you have at least won a few games and possibly played well to get top of the table. 

In our scenario it is hard to see where we go. It's taken a huge leap just to be competitive in games. Probably a similar leap required to regularly win games 

Saying that would be very Wednesday to be on 48 points with 4 games to go, then lose the fucking lot and go down anyway 

Edited by mkowl
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ozzie said:

He's fucking wank. 2 nil down and he's titting about with the ball like we're 2 up. Same at 3 down. 

Sorry but that is not on Dawson, he had the most touches because purely everytime he played it out, it came straight back to him. Then when looking for a player, they just stood still not wanting the ball. It happens so often when we're losing, none of the players seem to want the ball therefore just give it back to the keeper or just look uninterested and not attempt to find space or help out a player etc. Vasquez would have suffered the same if he was in goal 

Its why I absolutely hate the playing out of the back. Our defenders are not good at playing out from the back yet we still do it. Then when one of the midfielders comes to help, looks up and sees everyone just standing still being marked, off the ball goes back from the midfielder to the keeper.

I blame football in general for this. Why this style of play has somehow taken on, I have no idea. 

23 hours ago, Kaveman said:

In real time, from behind the goal, I thought it took a deflection off of Bannan's head, which took it away from him. Although it doesn't seem so obvious when I've seen it on the highlights.

Fair play. I only saw it on the Sky red button. No replays on there and haven't watched it back.

That red button service really is poor. We're almost lucky if the lazy cameraman actually follows the action. Still didn't see anything of Dawson receiving treatment. Bloke in the gantry kept showing us nothing happening in the middle of the pitch. Not sure why it wasn't shown. Not as if he was dead.

I presume Dawson's injury was a time wasting move while Diaby was off getting patched up? The lassie commentator appeared to miss that as well.

Cannae get the staff nowadays.

• Like 1