Takeover talk?

The Athletic has spoken to at least one interested party regarding a takeover, but with relegation already a distinct possibility — Wednesday are seven points adrift of safety — and a squad, stadium and training ground requiring significant investment, they are hardly an appealing proposition.

28 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

The only way this club can move forward is if a Saudi investment like Newcastle came in & took over, the training facilities are years behind, the stadium is in dire need of an upgrade & don't get me started on the playing squad, we're in a massive mess at the moment.

Would still only be accepted by some if the Sheikh was born in the Northern General or Jessops 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It ain’t Shaws. Or if it is, it’s been written in conjunction with one of these fan groups.

As I have said before, if you want the club, put an offer to the owner in writing, prove you have funds to run the club for three years, and then I am sure DC and the EFL will be happy to let you have a go.

But until you show some money, no-one wants to here from you.

There’s a lot of talking from Shaw, but no doing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Shit plan or not, that model is better than what we have currently.

IMG_2340.jpeg

Is that for real? If so how the fuck is his business/charity still trading? Oh, hold up. It's all his Mrs's money isn't it. 

Apart from @Reesh noting the u23 inaccuracy it looks like the scouting network takes precedence over the head coach and the academy has no access to the sports science or scouting network 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I think it’s written ok, the structure is fine but it’s not really a plan is it? It’s a vision and a nice one too, it can’t be a plan as it doesn’t state how that will be achieved.

Still, having said that, whoever has written it I’d have more confidence in them than the moron in charge at the minute 

Wow you never stop do you. It was meant to show the ineptitude of the Bellend that might take over! And you still poking DC!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Is that for real? If so how the fuck is his business/charity still trading? Oh, hold up. It's all his Mrs's money isn't it. 

Apart from @Reesh noting the u23 inaccuracy it looks like the scouting network takes precedence over the head coach and the academy has no access to the sports science or scouting network 

Does say in the document that they work across each other to be fair. The majority of it seems quite sensible but also a collection of what fans would say if asked so lacks depth. Any one of us could write it but the actual funding or detail of how they doing is the key but missing ingredient surely 

Biggest question from reading it again is would they intend to devise their entire strategy around player sales? That turns you into Barnsley or Peterborough. To be brighton or Brentford it needs to be supported with continual owner backing. The sales just allow for more spending within rules 

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I think it’s written ok, the structure is fine but it’s not really a plan is it? It’s a vision and a nice one too, it can’t be a plan as it doesn’t state how that will be achieved.

Still, having said that, whoever has written it I’d have more confidence in them than the moron in charge at the minute 

Pig ****

10 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

The only way this club can move forward is if a Saudi investment like Newcastle came in & took over, the training facilities are years behind, the stadium is in dire need of an upgrade & don't get me started on the playing squad, we're in a massive mess at the moment.

Wednesday will probably get bought by a Saudi in about 2029.  The next day there will be a huge breakthrough in battery technology which makes electric cars way cheaper and cleaner than petrol/diesel models.

10 hours ago, TheExile said:

Biggest question from reading it again is would they intend to devise their entire strategy around player sales? That turns you into Barnsley or Peterborough. To be brighton or Brentford it needs to be supported with continual owner backing. The sales just allow for more spending within rules 

And I’d rather us stay within them…. So that’s not a bad thing. 😄

13 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

And here lies the problem, the hatred of Chansiri opens the door for somebody worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

And I’d rather us stay within them…. So that’s not a bad thing. 😄

Absolutely. I just mean that if you rely on player sales that’s almost replacing one engine with another to cover a 13m loss. Whereas if you have player sales plus someone willing and able to cover a 13m loss after you’ve brought millions in from player sales you can invest loads and that’s what Brighton and Brentford did on top of all the investment in infrastructure and academy to keep the production line in place (I think). That  avoids a bit of a boom bust cycle of needing to always find a new player to sell and keep the club going.

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He spoke up early on but was shouted down by you & others and now thinks  it's not worth the hassle, so well done stifling debate.

Unable to tell you who even if i wanted to as either access to my PM's is restricted or i can't manage to work how to navigate to them?

Could you check my account please and make sure you put it back to normal after you restricted my posting rights? 

That's on Hoyland, I can only ban you not sort it out.

So despite Shaw not having a pot to piss in personally he has access to mega funds but won't actually approach DC in the correct manner, sounds about right.

21 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

He spoke up early on but was shouted down by you & others and now thinks  it's not worth the hassle, so well done stifling debate.

Unable to tell you who even if i wanted to as either access to my PM's is restricted or i can't manage to work how to navigate to them?

Could you check my account please and make sure you put it back to normal after you restricted my posting rights? 

Your account is fully working. 

17 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Thanks. How do i get to my inbox?

If you’re on phone, click the little arrow near the ad at the top of the page to minimise it.

There’s the little 3 lines with a number over it… press it. 
There should be a little envelope icon. Press that. 
Voila. 

If you’re on desktop you should be able to see the envelope icon.

Try logging out and back in again, if it’s not visible.

3 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

There's a well respected poster on here that says Shaw is the real deal and has lots of finance behind him but you'd know better wouldn't you

If it was Hirstys 12th pint his opinion was based on working with him at Pizza Hut over 20 years ago...

I know Adam Shaw for a fact doesn't have a pot to piss in. My source is as close the horse's mouth as you could get. I'm not saying he doesn't have people round him who have money, but him personally...nowt.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

If it was Hirstys 12th pint his opinion was based on working with him at Pizza Hut over 20 years ago...

I know Adam Shaw for a fact doesn't have a pot to piss in. My source is as close the horse's mouth as you could get. I'm not saying he doesn't have people round him who have money, but him personally...nowt.

2 things ....... I've never worked at Pizza Hut or been called well respected before.

Shaw does not have funds.  Its all about the backers.

Also never met Shaw, who I agree is a bit of an oddball.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint