Neymarv's situation....

HoylandOwl

2 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’ll call out and highlight our fuck ups.

How is this a fuck up? 

No one knows why the Derby loan broke down apart from Derby, Wednesday, Johnson and probably his agent. 

Just because he's still drawing a wage doesn't mean the club fucked up. Every player still has a worth and disregarding that worth just to get him off the books is wrong. We might recuperate his wages if we offload in January and still save on the next 6 months. So just to dump him to get rid seems kind of stupid.

If Derby really wanted him that much they'd have structured some kind of payment option.

What's a £100k to us and Derby? About the same revenue two home games would generate so the pissing around was over a month's income. We're not talking bankrupting Derby here. If Warne really wanted him they'd have done the deal. This was Warne pissing in the wind to see which way it blew and if we'd release him for nothing. He has a track record for it. Just look up how many last minute loan deals Rotherham didn't quite pull off while he was there. 

• Like 3

How much do people think loans actually cost. Do you think our loan signings don't come with a fee attached, a promotion bonus etc.

It may have been at one of the fans forums where Chansiri suggested that that cost of a loan player is not that far off what a transfer could cost. Maybe that is a year on year basis. I don't know.

Don't talk to me about employment law, I often play with myself in the office and that got me in a lot of trouble I can tell you 

• 3 weeks later...

If James doesn't get a game on Saturday you have to wonder just what he has done wrong in Xisco’s eyes. Ok not a worldbeater but he is a competent left sided defender.

Johnson shouldn't  have been re-signed IMO. Decent crosser but increasingly lacking pace which was showing even in the league below. Rumoured to have a bad attitude too hence being isolated.

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

James is average at best, speaks volumes to me that a desperate team that were falling like a stone in the championship last season were happy to loan him out to a club in league 1 and never considered recalling him 

The squad in a whole is average at best, hence why we're in the position we are in Otto & I can't even see us scoring a goal, never mind securing 3 points.

6 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

If James doesn't get a game on Saturday you have to wonder just what he has done wrong in Xisco’s eyes. Ok not a worldbeater but he is a competent left sided defender.

Johnson shouldn't  have been re-signed IMO. Decent crosser but increasingly lacking pace which was showing even in the league below. Rumoured to have a bad attitude too hence being isolated.

James was absolutely horrendous at Donny in the pre season game so wonder if Xisco made up his mind then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Was told today that he'd been added to the 25. Could be rubbish but was what I was told. 

I saw on Twitter this afternoon someone pointing out that Neymarv has his picture & a squad number in the 1st team squad section of the OS. He does, but so does Momo Diaby, so does this mean anything relevant to the 25? Has he been on that picture page all along? 

7 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I saw on Twitter this afternoon someone pointing out that Neymarv has his picture & a squad number in the 1st team squad section of the OS. He does, but so does Momo Diaby, so does this mean anything relevant to the 25? Has he been on that picture page all along? 

Yeah. But I think he’s been on there since the club pictures appeared rather than more recently. 

9 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Yeah. But I think he’s been on there since the club pictures appeared rather than more recently. 

My understanding was that he was added to the squad on Friday. As I say though could be rubbish as no confirmation on OS.

How does the naming of the squad thing work?

Ia assume (other than filing empty spaces) that you can’t change it till the transfer window. Otherwise it defeats the object doesn’t it?

So if Johnson has been added then it must mean no prospect of Diaby being back any time soon.

9 minutes ago, cheat said:

Ia assume (other than filing empty spaces) that you can’t change it till the transfer window. Otherwise it defeats the object doesn’t it?

So if Johnson has been added then it must mean no prospect of Diaby being back any time soon.

Momo was in a protective boot a week ago so likely a long way off. What it appears to mean now is, yes, he's out until at least January and no prospect of signing a free agent like Taylor.

Have to hope that we can change two or three in January but won't  be easy as we know.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

55 minutes ago, cheat said:

Yeah, January before we can change it again. We can add if there's space though, which we know there has been 1 spot left.

14 hours ago, cheat said:

Not necessarily, it could be that we're without Reece James for a little while which leaves us short on the left if Famewo is out too.

6 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Not necessarily, it could be that we're without Reece James for a little while which leaves us short on the left if Famewo is out too.

But surely you’d wait until that happened before filling the last spot wouldn’t you?

Diaby can’t be added back into the squad till January now, which surely indicates that they’re not expecting him to be fit before then.

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

It has happened, Reece James limped off Saturday and Famewo is already injured. If either (or both) of those is longer term it leaves us short on the left whereas we've ample cover in central midfield.

Yes, but the rumours were that he was added into the squad on Friday, i.e. before there was any suggestion of an injury to James.

And we have nearly a fortnight to see whether James is going to be out or not.

6 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Marv plays, has a howler then gets slagged off on Stalk

He's been slagged off before everywhere, never mind on Stalk. I do think MJ could do a job and I was glad he got another year, but as has been done to death... He was hardly Ronaldo last season, but yet his omission has seemingly made him so.

2 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Surely the new coach would look at this again? Problem is, if Momo is potentially back soon-ish I’d rather have him in the squad than Marv.

However, if he’s not likely to be fit before the transfer window opens I’d be tempted to get Marv in the squad immediately.

Sorry mate but that'll probably be the last thing on his mind. Or ought to be at this stage. He's got so much to do from a standing start. 

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Sorry mate but that'll probably be the last thing on his mind. Or ought to be at this stage. He's got so much to do from a standing start. 

Yes not top of his list but he will need to consider it. You’d think Marv or others at the club will bring it to his attention, ie the squad being 1 shy.