Club statement

7 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Would a championship manager not earn x3 / 4 that of a league one manager though?

I think a key piece of information to help understand this and one we will not know is what were the terms that DM came into the club as a Championship Manager, and did he take a reduction in those terms upon relegation ? 

13 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Would a championship manager not earn x3 / 4 that of a league one manager though?

Possibly. Although I suspect Moore was on an above average league one manager. If it was a one year rolling contract at increased wages I suspect DC might have gone 4 it.

He's not going to do a 3 year deal as he, understandably, had doubts. If all this is true I don't blame DC at all. He'll be thinking 10 seconds from end of Peterborough I was sacking bloke, 40 mins plus one game I'm upping his salary 4x........don't think so

Don't know what Moore was on at Wednesday but at Donny he matched the highest player wage which was about £8k. I would imagine we paid him more. 

4x8 would £32k a week. As a comparison Schumacher has just had a pay rise to around £13-15k to match their player wage ceiling cap. The rumours are Warnock is on around £30k with a load of bonuses. 

If a certain bellend had kept his mouth shut then DC wouldn't have made this known to anybody. 

It all seems like a bellend has used a friend to get himself in the limelight once again. 

I wonder if DM will ever trust the bellend again?

26 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Don't know what Moore was on at Wednesday but at Donny he matched the highest player wage which was about £8k. I would imagine we paid him more. 

4x8 would £32k a week. As a comparison Schumacher has just had a pay rise to around £13-15k to match their player wage ceiling cap. The rumours are Warnock is on around £30k with a load of bonuses. 

So from this reckon we are looking at minimum £10K a week as DM's current deal. 

He's really shot himself in foot here.  DC would probably have gone for £15-£18K a week for the rolling 1 year contract. 

• Like 1

I suppose the question is, based on the figures that Ty has posted. Is 32k a week for a manager a large figure in the Championship?

As a note, I do remember hearing that both Bruce and Pulis, when appointed, were on astonishing money (even as far as saying they were the highest earners in the division).

Assuming the 4x is true, I can definitely imagine an agent saying “he paid Bruce X”. It may have been a different time when that happened, but it may be hard to deal with the feeling that you’re somehow worth less than your predecessor. 

Also, sometimes people are far apart in negotiations because at least one of them doesn’t really want to proceed. 

3 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Warnock has also achieved a damn sight more than Moore has in football management as well, how he saved Huddersfield last year was nothing short of a miracle.

WTID podcast on Twitter interesting fans. Pretty sure their ones who caused havoc around the dingles game claim on DC.

They were spouting averages of a league 1 v championship pay.

180 v 800

Basically again stacking the cards against then chairman like they did post dingles.

Based on the above the idea Moore was on 3.4K a week is laughable. If he was 8k a week at Donny, he was easily 9k (468k) here if not more .. him wanting close to 36k wage (1.8mil)  and linked to 3 year plus an increase across all staff.. 

If he’d got us that automatic spot and our first league title in 5 plus decades .. maybe.

24 minutes ago, EBRA said:

WTID podcast on Twitter interesting fans. Pretty sure their ones who caused havoc around the dingles game claim on DC.

180 v 800

Basically again stacking the cards against then chairman like they did post dingles.

Based on the above the idea Moore was on 3.4K a week is laughable. If he was 8k a week at Donny, he was easily 9k (468k) here if not more .. him wanting close to 36k wage (1.8mil)  and linked to 3 year plus an increase across all staff.. 

If he’d got us that automatic spot and our first league title in 5 plus decades .. maybe.

Define interesting cos there's fuck all interesting about podcasts less so that little bald gimps one, the fucking snitches

• Haha 1

On 30/06/2023 at 09:28, Tylluan said:

Is he still at that fiddle?

On 30/06/2023 at 22:54, EBRA said:

180 v 800

Do you think we would pay our manager an average wage in L1 or be at the very top end? Conversely in the championship we're far more likely to be average/lower end given the team's we're competing against.

Yet more shameful bollocks from these groups of bell ends that call them like to call themselves fans yet drag the club down at every opportunity.

• Like 1