Q&A with DC

Excellent piece and will hopefully put a few on Stalk back in their box. 

Things are always going to get lost in the live Fans Forums thought translation issues and DC generally shooting from the hip.   The communications team have obviously had some input here.

Chansiri is not the devil incarnate and has the club at heart and does indeed have some semblance of a plan. 

The Moore situation is very interesting mind and we need to take DC's word on this save anything else coming into the public domain. 

26 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

There seems to be a feeling looking around that this latest article has cooled the waters somewhat around DC. What do you think?

DC's answers have probably been anglicised by a half decent press officer who's been reading the room, fanbase wise. It's a media savvy response and better aligned than DC's in person responses on Tuesday. 

I know folk who attended the previous small fan group forums and have said you could see DC metaphorically doing his nut in at the banal and self centered questions he was having to deal with. Maybe a 'chat with the chairman' should become a monthly thing on the website. His thoughts on the season so far but also answering sifted questions, both sent in and talked about on social media. Maybe doing this he could fire a lot of shots back across Stalks bows

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Has he actually said it or is it just from that Facebook account in his name? Only I'm about 90% certain that's not him

Edit: it's Twitter innit, ignore me

Yeah he said it. I saw it on my Google feed rather than Arsebook or Twitter 

Palmer comments and Chansiri Q&A make sense to me.

It’s clear DC timeline and DM timeline for success differ.

DC comments about “stay in the championship and die” and that some fans would agree and disagree with both parties but all would agree to the rationale as to why it was indeed mutual.

My guess is DC wanted rolling contract and quicker success say an outside chance this year and definite chance the following. 

DM wanted  consolidation this, stronger the follow and promotion in 4th year outside chance 3rd. Alongside contracts to reflect that approach.

Trouble is it’s DC’s cash in end.

I can’t see it being about transfers unless it’s the reverse of the above - which if it was DM wouldn’t walk.

Oh and the Q&A is really clear and defo sorts out the season ticket offer .. it’s was one of our fans who asked if he would do it!

He's said yes I would and the journalist can broadcast it.

He then gets abuse for agree with a fans request!!

4 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Strange really, Palmer, Hirst and Waddle are probably my 3 favourite players in my time watching but as people I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Not sure what Waddle's done to annoy you, but having Palmer above Sheridan in your top 3 makes you a bit of a clown any way 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Strange really, Palmer, Hirst and Waddle are probably my 3 favourite players in my time watching but as people I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

met all three -only one i have any time for is Waddle comes across as genuine and will allways engage . Carlton is desperatly trying to stay relevant as everything   he touches he scews up

The basic point is that if neither side are divulging then it's all heresay. 

I don't get the point that DC looked shit scared at Wembley when we were lifting the trophy at the prospect of funding the Championship. The fact is he funded a "Championship" squad (subject to debate) in League 1, supposedly confronted the players after the Barnsley game (did he ?) and was supposedly  close to pulling the trigger after the 4-0 in the first leg.

Basically not actions of someone looking for us to meander in League 1 for 5 years.

The supposition is he was only offering Moore a rolling contract for a year. It makes sense for DC, particularly if you question the guys potential at a higher level. And I think the Bruce situation rattled him, you accommodate his start date etc then he fucks off. 

And yes no one ever leaves by mutual consent, so in the event of a manager leaving they do get compensation for termination of contract. The longer the contract I suspect the more that is likely to be. But forget the contract the actual sum can be greater. 

And DC said at the forum, like with players treat em mean keep em keen.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gleadless Owl said:

Not sure what Waddle's done to annoy you, but having Palmer above Sheridan in your top 3 makes you a bit of a clown any way 

When I say favourite doesn't mean better player, just that I liked him as a player, Sheridan was a genius and I liked him as a player too. Of course it's all about opinions, I find you a prick maybe others don't. 

• Haha 1