Wednesday players you just didn't like

Reesh

Jacques Maghoma, sort of player if you only saw him once you’d say he was a brilliant player having an off day. Made the wrong decision every single time. 

Made it worse that he seemed to have a reasonably enough spell at Birmingham after us. 

34 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

David Graham

Jay Bothroyd

I can’t believe this thread was 12 posts in before someone mentioned Bothroyd.  He was the absolute epitome of underachieving, lazy, thinks he’s better than he really is because he was in the youth setup of a top Prem club, arrogant, modern footballer wankstain.  The time away at Ipswich where he kept dropping back to the right back position, trying to be a playmaker looking for killer long balls, and got caught in possession about three times doing the exact same thing.  😡

Colin West was my earliest dislike.

But he pailed into insignificance when I think back to the likes of Owen Morrison and Leon Knight. Wage stealers of the highest order!

I began to hate Paul McLaren for him tearing a strip off Steve Haslam at Colchester once, for a goal we conceded which was 100% his fault. 

More recently some of the lazy so and so’s from last season spring to mind, with Adam Reach in particular standing out. 

Never much cared for fellows like Gary Madine and the briefly-at-Wednesday Nile Ranger.  

The players I dislike tend to be those of poor character or who don't put the work in.  If someone on the pitch is just not good enough, I'll usually put that on the manager and not hold it against an honest player doing his best.  In the case of Daniel Jones, though, I'll make an exception.  

Only one player I've truly hated more than anyone in a Wednesday shirt

Gilles De Bilde.

A complete utter big Billy who was dreadful and couldn't be bothered. That season Wilson tried to get Mols, Makaay, Ostenstad, Larsson, Dani but ended up signing De Bilde and Sibon. A strike force of De Bilde, Sibon, Booth and Cresswell guaranteed relegation. One of the worst strike forces in Premier League history. 

Sibon at least sorted himself out and sort of repaid the £2,000,000 we spent keeping us up in the 1st Division. De Bilde would rather walk his dogs instead of playing football for us, earning ridiculous wages that the silly board agreed with.

If Bothroyd and Knight were permanent signings, they would possibly overtake De Bilde. 

9 hours ago, Reesh said:

Michael Morrison 

Looked brilliant on debut in the FA Cup at Bristol City, awful ever since. 

Also, Mark Reynolds, remember him and Morrison as two parts of a three at the back at Rochdale away, can’t remember who the other was but not sure Morrison or Reynolds stuck around for much longer after that.

Edited by LiamOwl

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2330&team2_id=2175&teamTabs=h2h

The other was Beevers. I thought it was, but thought I’d got mixed up and that Morrison and Reynolds were here after promotion rather than the year before. 

Edited by LiamOwl
It’s the one in Feb 2011 - can’t get the link to take you straight there