Wednesday players you just didn't like

Reesh

58 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

I never realised how many shit players we have had in the last 25 years.

De Bilde tops my list

My choices are not because they were/are shit.

It is because of their don'tgiveashit attitude and not giving 100%in games.

I would not put any player in who was not very good (list would be too big anyway 😁), just those that didn't try or made up injuries and still took the money.

Sticking two fingers up to the club and especially the fans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MAL said:

My choices are not because they were/are shit.

It is because of their don'tgiveashit attitude and not giving 100%in games.

I would not put any player in who was not very good (list would be too big anyway 😁), just those that didn't try or made up injuries and still took the money.

Sticking two fingers up to the club and especially the fans.

Then Abdi must be the winner. Although De Bilde will be up there 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MAL said:

Andy Hinchcliffe

Mmmm, I can understand this. No question he was talented, but it always seemed to me he was either injured or playing in 1st gear. 

There's so many obvious players that were rubbish, but I'd add Rhodes and Sibon. Both had ability but, Rhodes especially didn't get close to what we hoped. With Sibon my opinion is tainted by 1 game that, for the umpteenth time he lazily stuck out a leg and lost possession, and I went bonkers on the North 😂😊

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MAL said:

Should have done it earlier. 

Idle waster in my opinion, for us anyway. 

That was Ola Tidman.

In the Johnstone Paints or whatever it was at the time v Blackpool.

Edit - was supposed to be quoting Bartos not MAL

Edited by cheat

14 hours ago, M42Owl said:

Barry Watling

Barry Watling was a mid 70s keeper and played like he was in his mid 70s

Rotherham had him on loan and my mates said he was the worst keeper they had ever seen - my how I laughted until we signed him next

Luckily he only ever played one game for us (lost at home 2-0) and looking him up just now on wiki saw it was his last game ever 

Not surprised 

18 hours ago, Footlikeatractionengine said:

Brian Barry Murphy

Fuck me he was shite. 

My fond memory of Brian Barry Murphy was away at Barnsley in December 

Literally goes through clean on goal. To the right of him is Mark Robins begging for a tap in, the only thing standing in the way from about a yard or two yards out was Sasa Ilic

Somehow, he gets it completely wrong and ends up just tapping the ball to Ilic. Probably the greatest miss I have ever seen live that ended up being

7 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Barry Watling was a mid 70s keeper and played like he was in his mid 70s

Rotherham had him on loan and my mates said he was the worst keeper they had ever seen - my how I laughted until we signed him next

Luckily he only ever played one game for us (lost at home 2-0) and looking him up just now on wiki saw it was his last game ever 

Not surprised 

My dislike of Barry Watling is, perhaps, a bit harsh seeing as he only played once, but I remember a young Chris Turner coming through the ranks and being the only bright spark in a truly depressing squad of players. The manager at the time (Ashurst?) said Turner needed competition so brought in Hartlepool’s reserve keeper. Fine thus far, but no one expected him to play: he did and as you say, we lost 2-0. I seem to recall that he shovelled one in at the near post at the kop end too. Turner was recalled and we never saw BW again. I did read, many years after, that he went on to have a decent career at Hartlepool and became a bit of a legend, but in my mind the dislike lingered.

I agree about Jeffers, especially for refusing to head the ball against Palace, not missing it.  The bloke stole a living at Wednesday, mind you at least he kept the physio in work.

A lot on here are being judged because they weren't a brilliant player as opposed to the question 'just didn't like' and anyone who feels that Nuhiu didn't give is all is, well, plain wrong.  He had lumps kicked out of him for Wednesday and he held play up well and scored a few valuable goals as well so yeah, maybe not the most technically gifted player but why would anyone 'not like him'?

Palmer - he runs his blood to water playing for Wednesday.  "Oh, he doesn't track back quick enough" - that's lack of ability, not effort.  Ok, he'll never make my top 50 but he's certainly not in the worse 50

The 'winger' we had who feigned injury just so he could get subbed - him.  Him I detest.  I detest him that much I've blanked his name out of my memory - I want to say Esajis but someone will tell me it's Small or some other equally crap player we had.

This looks like a list of players that weren't that good, mixed with some right bellends that it's was easy to dislike. I won't say I dislike the ones that weren't that good because it's not their fault the club signed them. However, the likes of De Bilde and Bothroyd are very easy to dislike because of their attitude 

1 hour ago, Footlikeatractionengine said:

That's bollocks about Nuhiu always giving his all. 

See the size of the fat **** after scoring that header at Ipswich in a 2-2? Pro footballer should never be that size. 

Countless times I remember him ambling about, sulking about the fans getting on his back (deservedly). 

Give over. Tell you this now and I've said it all the time, we would've been in the Championship still had we not got rid of him last season. We could have built on from there. 

Still.  Booooooo eh? 

• Like 1

I'll be on my own on this but Michael Gray.  The prick got paid by the BBC for slagging us off in his weekly column, whilst still playing for us.  He was crap in that second spell as well, he number of times he did that drop shoulder thing and just had the ball taken off him was ridiculous, usually when the left back had just bombed past him expecting a pass.

Craig Armstrong - stealing twat, can't believe he turned up on that Wednesday Podcast getting the legend treatment, a complete waste of space.  

3 hours ago, Greno said:

Julian Watts

For reasons I posted in the wrong thread 😁

I don't think Watts was ever brought in to be a regular but one of those Francis cover buys. That and we had the chance to nick a fans favourite from Millmoor. 

He went on to have a decent crack at Luton and played a few games for . Leicester in the Prem. 

• Thanks 1