The forum tonight...

On signing / selling older squad members. 

DC: We need to push first and then can look (at signing younger players). I believe Darren mentioned bringing (average age of squad) down.

When fans say I don't like to sell, sometimes it's not me. It depends on many things. They don't listen to what I say. The only mistake was Fernando (Forestieri) - not selling.

21 minutes ago, Winco said:

Imagine buying a big house in a nice area that’s run down and no one’s bothered about it till you start doing it up and then people complain what windows you put in it.

wendzi fan mentality.

Tbh Winco you run a business, you know what costs you incur and I bet folk argue why you charge x per hour for labour but you only pay the grease monkey x/3 per hour. 

That is our fan mentality.

Do they not grasp that to be competitive we pay more in player wages than ticket revenue sales. Is the budget spent effectively is a valid question but there is no grasp of what the day to day costs are.

Or confuse revenue with profit contribution 

Things are petering out it seems...

As a trickle of fans head for the exit door, DC is speaking about how communication and respect is a two-way thing. Says majority of fans are "good" and emphasises bad ones are "small". Says they "create trouble".

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Tbh Winco you run a business, you know what costs you incur and I bet folk argue why you charge x per hour for labour but you only pay the grease monkey x/3 per hour. 

That is our fan mentality.

Do they not grasp that to be competitive we pay more in player wages than ticket revenue sales. Is the budget spent effectively is a valid question but there is no grasp of what the day to day costs are.

Or confuse revenue with profit contribution 

Goes back toy comment a day or so ago about Red Robbo in the 70's.

Saying they were going on strike because British Leyland made £400m profit so of course they could afford higher wages, till someone pointed out it was £400m income but £650m expenditure...

13 minutes ago, Andyben said:

For who?

Wenzdi don't make a profit, do they.

Macron should 

Well depends on how it's structured, but it would be normal for Macron to make a profit on the wholesale price to us then we make a price on the retail sale to fans. 

I appreciate there can be many permutations of that arrangement. 

37 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

On the academy

DC: We lose one or two million each year on academy. I improve the academy a lot. That's why teams want our young players now.

If you were running a business and one branch of it was losing at least a million each year, and producing minimal income,then you'd have binned it off years ago. 

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

If you were running a business and one branch of it was losing at least a million each year, and producing minimal income,then you'd have binned it off years ago. 

Premier League clubs binning off wimmins football yet.

But you can see why clubs like Brentford dropped the Academy status and can make more money doing the B team route 

Right can someone clear something up for me might have already been covered but I’ve had a bit of a shit night kids n cars n that 😩😩😩 does any football club in the top tiers rely solely on the manager to decide find and select players surely not just down to the manger for me they have a meeting analyst says we are a bit short on the left need to get crosses in. Someone swipes iPad well we’ve got this kid Johnson plays for middlesborough here’s his stats. Reyt ring that twat who deals with it up theer (not the manager) so he rings up “hello can I speak to your recruitment geezer” I’m after the Johnson alreet I’ll ask “anyone bothered if we fuck that useless **** off to Wednesday” all agree agents get involved gets more complicated etc Wednesday manager have we got anybody yet ayyyyyye press conference at 2 just had his mot crack on shagger. Fans gooo ooooo he’s shit no he’s alreet Saturday comes he’s on bench comes on has a mare fans call him a twat and manager gets it in socials Saturday neet. Is it me or the Stella ffs games fucked 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Right can someone clear something up for me might have already been covered but I’ve had a bit of a shit night kids n cars n that 😩😩😩 does any football club in the top tiers rely solely on the manager to decide find and select players surely not just down to the manger for me they have a meeting analyst says we are a bit short on the left need to get crosses in. Someone swipes iPad well we’ve got this kid Johnson plays for middlesborough here’s his stats. Reyt ring that twat who deals with it up theer (not the manager) so he rings up “hello can I speak to your recruitment geezer” I’m after the Johnson alreet I’ll ask “anyone bothered if we fuck that useless **** off to Wednesday” all agree agents get involved gets more complicated etc Wednesday manager have we got anybody yet ayyyyyye press conference at 2 just had his mot crack on shagger. Fans gooo ooooo he’s shit no he’s alreet Saturday comes he’s on bench comes on has a mare fans call him a twat and manager gets it in socials Saturday neet. Is it me or the Stella ffs games fucked 

Stella 

• Thanks 1

Recruitment question…..

A fan asks whether a player's psychological state is factored into potential signings.

DC says psychologists are employed by the club but says some players, in the past, have preferred to use their own. Says he was "scared" after Peterborough second leg because thought players might revert to mentality of first leg

Aims for next season.

It's difficult to plan long-term in football. We need to go with the situation. In my opinion next season won't be easy. Big teams coming down and big teams staying in the league already. 

Every club can spend and push. Everyone knows if you stay in the Championship too long you will die, for sure.

DC aims for next season.

For me, the minimum (should be) play-offs - for me. Anyone can lose or win in the play-offs, it's 50-50. If we don't try then what's the point in staying in the Championship?

If you want us to push then we expect the fans to help us a bit. Then we'll have more chance.

Question to Richard Stanford.

A fan has directed a question surrounding drug and alcohol abuse within the North Stand.....

RS: "It's a very good point. We're working with the police on. The substance is cocaine and is a massive thing up and down the country. We're looking at bringing drug dogs in because we can't legally search an under-age. We've put stewards in toilets before but it didn't work. Everything said, I'm listening to.

Stanford on ticketing.

The new ticketing system will come into force next term. Juniors have to come in with an adult, for example. They have to have the right ticket and that'll help massively because there's too many people coming in with not the right ticket.

39 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

A fan has directed a question surrounding drug and alcohol abuse within the North Stand.....

RS: "It's a very good point. We're working with the police on. The substance is cocaine and is a massive thing up and down the country. We're looking at bringing drug dogs in because we can't legally search an under-age. We've put stewards in toilets before but it didn't work. Everything said, I'm listening to.

The day after our manager leaves and somebody asks about the 17 year olds in fake Stonies on the North doing a bit of sniff.  Dear god we have some fucking oddballs in our fan base.🙄

1 hour ago, HappyOwl said:

Sounds like the Benny Hill version of the process. Just needs the music at the end and the players speeded up.    😋

45 minutes ago, owl71 said:

The day after our manager leaves and somebody asks about the 17 year olds in fake Stonies on the North doing a bit of sniff.  Dear god we have some fucking oddballs in our fan base.🙄

To be fair he's probably been intending to bring that up at the next forum for a while.  And it'll have been clear from early on that they weren't going to get proper 'sacking' info from that meeting.

Wrapped up 11:45 by all accounts .. fans will moan he never communicates.

He has said he’ll give his view on Moore if Moore talks. Pretty much he kept to that line most of night.

Big issue is expectations for me - DC wants a challenge - DM wanted survival. Pretty sure that was same discussion with Monk. 

Also said he hopes we don’t have to Google the next manager … oh the days of research Jos!! And convincing ourselves he was a grey choice Lol

We all know the loudest complainers about prices never go, £17 a game at £400 .. works out £25 if you only make 16. 
£40 a month plus admin fee on plan? 
Would have to open bottom of Lep though or open the full north stand up to get 30k in easily. 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Are they making it compulsory? 

Not been but reading the transcripts it sounds like the same guff he was preaching 5 years ago, he needs to look at other revenue streams not just the fans pockets, no long term strategies just knee jerk reactions, the goodwill we gained in those glorious play off days eroded in a few hours.

• Like 1

IMO it's unsettling DM going but as has been said he could have been gone in October. Bottom line for me is that we probably do need new ownership, with a proper set up, yes some coin, but the structure is key. Today for instance what football people are actually in the building that will be part of the first team set up moving forward?

• Like 1

It is interesting observing the comments from DC. Like a few on here, my day job is dealing with SME business owners. And he is pretty much the same character as them. Difference is they make their decisions but don't have to justify their actions to their customers.

They are controlling people, there is delegation of tasks but rarely responsibility. They know all aspects of their business in detail and have a view on it all. 

So it's easier for me perhaps to give him leeway.

The one area I disagree with him, is that I don't think real long term planning is his choice of course to take. Perhaps he is right, football is short term so you just make short term plans. But I see those less resourced clubs with such plans have achieved the success of reaching the EPL which he wants.

And his route means we end up back in League 1.

I think DM was the realist, DC is the optimist. They didn't fall out, just realised this was not compatible moving forward. 

What is particularly evident is that he sees the Head Coach as no different to any other employee. Not diminishing the importance of their role but they are dispensible, you can get another. 

The vast majority of football fans still want to see the manager as pivotal. 

And i think players do as well.

But DC sees the players as employees who are paid well to perform irrespective of their line manager.

He is right in many ways but it ignores the psychological aspect. That in an evenly matched sport that 5% swing in performance is critical

6 hours ago, 80s Owl said:

Not been but reading the transcripts it sounds like the same guff he was preaching 5 years ago, he needs to look at other revenue streams not just the fans pockets, no long term strategies just knee jerk reactions, the goodwill we gained in those glorious play off days eroded in a few hours.

That is what I have the most issue with. Nothing has changed. He piles it back on the fans, as much as possible, saying we should put more in etc etc.

Now, I don’t mind buying our season tickets, we go to watch the football but it’s not that simple for everyone. On the back of what has been an overwhelming negative with Moore leaving in terms of optics, I’d have liked him to tell us why it happened. Not if he talks I talk. There’s so many things he’s seemingly prepared to be quite forward about. So is DC hiding something knowing that DM isn’t one to hang the club to dry and sully his reputation as a good guy? Or is there genuinely reason that DM brought forward which he wanted to walk? Who knows?

I’ve said it before and I’ll stand by it, there are things DC a has done which are positives at the club, albeit after the years that led to our points deduction and subsequent relegation. 

I noticed he reiterated again, that he’d sell up if there was a buyer, but then said he thinks the majority would want him to stay. The latter I don’t think is true anymore. I personally think his stock is CURRENTLY as low as it’s been with the fanbase as a whole.

It’s just crap that we’re back into this off pitch bickering, shots fired at the chairman for whatever reason, right or wrong, after an end to a season with such a high. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

That is what I have the most issue with. Nothing has changed. He piles it back on the fans, as much as possible, saying we should put more in etc etc.

Now, I don’t mind buying our season tickets, we go to watch the football but it’s not that simple for everyone. On the back of what has been an overwhelming negative with Moore leaving in terms of optics, I’d have liked him to tell us why it happened. Not if he talks I talk. There’s so many things he’s seemingly prepared to be quite forward about. So is DC hiding something knowing that DM isn’t one to hang the club to dry and sully his reputation as a good guy? Or is there genuinely reason that DM brought forward which he wanted to walk? Who knows?

I’ve said it before and I’ll stand by it, there are things DC a has done which are positives at the club, albeit after the years that led to our points deduction and subsequent relegation. 

I noticed he reiterated again, that he’d sell up if there was a buyer, but then said he thinks the majority would want him to stay. The latter I don’t think is true anymore. I personally think his stock is CURRENTLY as low as it’s been with the fanbase as a whole.

It’s just crap that we’re back into this off pitch bickering, shots fired at the chairman for whatever reason, right or wrong, after an end to a season with such a high. 

I went to a steering group meeting a while ago where he said the same thing a fan then said that he buys season tickets for all his family, buys shirts and merchandise etc and asked what more could he possibly put in??? We need a sustainable infrastructure but we appear as far away from that as we'll ever be.

4 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Last night and the sacking of Moore signals the end of him taking more of a backseat. Was our COO in attendance? 

Reading between the lines it’s going to be a really difficult season.

What comes after is anyone’s guess as he won’t take it well when the realisation sets in that most fans do think we’d be better off under new leadership.

I don’t see the others signing contracts now, what must poor old Callum Paterson be thinking?

He seems to make the managerial role less and less of an attractive proposition each year.

7 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

He seems to make the managerial role less and less of an attractive proposition each year.

There will always be managers who back themselves to produce some sort of success at clubs like ours irrespective of who the owner is. Whether it's someone the fans want is a different matter (or if they are an improvement on Moore). Most modern coaches at the younger end wouldn't be put off by a committee bringing players in 

8 minutes ago, Gleadless Owl said:

There will always be managers who back themselves to produce some sort of success at clubs like ours irrespective of who the owner is. Whether it's someone the fans want is a different matter (or if they are an improvement on Moore). Most modern coaches at the younger end wouldn't be put off by a committee bringing players in 

They wouldn't but DC is clearly a difficult man to work with, there are always jobs coming up so why would any manager worth their salt take this one when something else will invariably crop up soon after.

• Like 1