The forum tonight...

1 hour ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

We’ll never properly progress with this crackpot in charge 

I suggest the fans source Ranmoor and look for some ten bob millionaires to fund the Club 

I even still own WTID Limited - available for a £1 if you want to put together a fan led consortium. It was barely a viable option 12 years ago, even less so now 

I probably disagree with the strategic direction he chooses to run the Club but I will never slag off the funds he puts in to keep this Club afloat and reasonably competitive 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Last night and the sacking of Moore signals the end of him taking more of a backseat. Was our COO in attendance? 

Reading between the lines it’s going to be a really difficult season.

What comes after is anyone’s guess as he won’t take it well when the realisation sets in that most fans do think we’d be better off under new leadership.

I don’t see the others signing contracts now, what must poor old Callum Paterson be thinking?

I am sure his weekly wage being pretty decent will console him 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

That is what I have the most issue with. Nothing has changed. He piles it back on the fans, as much as possible, saying we should put more in etc etc.

I think you can interpret it that way if you want 

However the alternative view is as the owner he is only able to subsidise the Club under the FFP rules by £x amount 

It may be that financially he can only commit £x anyway

The fans want us to be competitive on the pitch and to do that you have to recruit decent players. Yes there is an option to do that a different way to simply offering comparable wages, but would our fan base take 4 years in League 1 developing a and tweaking a squad - Not a fucking chance

So if the fans can put in Y + 10% then we have more revenues 

I don't think its ever the case fans you do that - so I can put in less  from DC 

And see it from his perspective, fans gripe about paying £30 extra but he must have seen the pics of pissed up Wednesday fans 

So no he has not changed his tune because the tune is still the same 

21 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

They wouldn't but DC is clearly a difficult man to work with, there are always jobs coming up so why would any manager worth their salt take this one when something else will invariably crop up soon after.

Money, opportunity, step up the greasy pole 

I get the respect for Moore but lets be honest if a Club came for him with more money he would have been off quicker than a rat up a drainpipe

29 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Money, opportunity, step up the greasy pole 

I get the respect for Moore but lets be honest if a Club came for him with more money he would have been off quicker than a rat up a drainpipe

Yes that's true, not much loyalty in football.

11 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Premier League clubs binning off wimmins football yet.

But you can see why clubs like Brentford dropped the Academy status and can make more money doing the B team route 

Most PL women's teams are now run as separate entities with 'sponsorship' from the main club. Wednesday Ladies are separate as well, even though they carry the club name and wear the same shirts (but with different sponsors) 

Brentford's B team is run along the same lines but there's a blurring of the registration process for bringing true u21s through for the odd cup game. Lower teams, like Huddersfield and Wycombe, have kept the structure in house and de-regulated their academies in order to sign older players into the u21s. 

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I suggest the fans source Ranmoor and look for some ten bob millionaires to fund the Club 

I even still own WTID Limited - available for a £1 if you want to put together a fan led consortium. It was barely a viable option 12 years ago, even less so now 

I probably disagree with the strategic direction he chooses to run the Club but I will never slag off the funds he puts in to keep this Club afloat and reasonably competitive 

What are you on about?

why would the search for a benefactor start and end in S10?

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

That is what I have the most issue with. Nothing has changed. He piles it back on the fans, as much as possible, saying we should put more in etc etc.

Now, I don’t mind buying our season tickets, we go to watch the football but it’s not that simple for everyone. On the back of what has been an overwhelming negative with Moore leaving in terms of optics, I’d have liked him to tell us why it happened. Not if he talks I talk. There’s so many things he’s seemingly prepared to be quite forward about. So is DC hiding something knowing that DM isn’t one to hang the club to dry and sully his reputation as a good guy? Or is there genuinely reason that DM brought forward which he wanted to walk? Who knows?

I’ve said it before and I’ll stand by it, there are things DC a has done which are positives at the club, albeit after the years that led to our points deduction and subsequent relegation. 

I noticed he reiterated again, that he’d sell up if there was a buyer, but then said he thinks the majority would want him to stay. The latter I don’t think is true anymore. I personally think his stock is CURRENTLY as low as it’s been with the fanbase as a whole.

It’s just crap that we’re back into this off pitch bickering, shots fired at the chairman for whatever reason, right or wrong, after an end to a season with such a high. 

His comments aren't aimed at you, they're aimed at the fuckers sat there who want a successful club without any cost to themselves. The 15-20k that have barely bothered all season, but demanded (and got) their tickets for Wembley. Along with the countless others who couldn't get a ticket. The ones that moan about the cost of a season ticket, yet suddenly have roughly that amount for a weekend in London.

I'd never dig anyone out for not being able to afford to go, I've been there myself, but there are plenty who can afford to go, yet either don't want to pay what it costs or are only interested now we're back in the Championship and are pissed off because the price has gone up.

The chairman puts in as much as P&S rules allow him to, if we as fans want better players, then it sits with us to make that happen...

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Seems clear DM and DC were poles apart in their thinking of what the likely scenario would be next season.

now to me Moore seemed a very understanding and patient manager , well if he can’t work with chansiri, who the fuck can?

Fair point. Word gets round and I'm sure, certainly amongst British managers, they will be thinking the above. While I wasn't his biggest fan tactics wise, he had his plus points and he got the job done. Eventually. Be careful what you wish for.

I fear another unknown manager, and we know how that went

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Fair point. Word gets round and I'm sure, certainly amongst British managers, they will be thinking the above. While I wasn't his biggest fan tactics wise, he had his plus points and he got the job done. Eventually. Be careful what you wish for.

I fear another unknown manager, and we know how that went

They can go to Watford instead 

Oh wait ..........

Genuinely I look at some of the comments on social media 

I return to the fact if the ref had blown 10 seconds earlier in the 2nd leg 

If the Barnsley keeper had put the Windass header round the post - all the love for Moore would not exist today 

He was a very decent person, he stopped a rot, he built a connection that had gone BUT he only just scraped promotion with aside from Ipswich the most resources in the League. 

At the same time the absolute hate for Chansiri I don't get. I personally think he should sell - because of both the ongoing commitment and I don't think it will be enough for us to be competitive, but actually he will never win round vast chunks of critics in our fanbase. And he will never grasp the Sheffield mentality either, this will always be a loggerhead 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

His comments aren't aimed at you, they're aimed at the fuckers sat there who want a successful club without any cost to themselves. The 15-20k that have barely bothered all season, but demanded (and got) their tickets for Wembley. Along with the countless others who couldn't get a ticket. The ones that moan about the cost of a season ticket, yet suddenly have roughly that amount for a weekend in London.

I'd never dig anyone out for not being able to afford to go, I've been there myself, but there are plenty who can afford to go, yet either don't want to pay what it costs or are only interested now we're back in the Championship and are pissed off because the price has gone up.

The chairman puts in as much as P&S rules allow him to, if we as fans want better players, then it sits with us to make that happen...

Never mind that, have you got a spare I.D i can have if we make play offs again.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Genuinely I look at some of the comments on social media 

I return to the fact if the ref had blown 10 seconds earlier in the 2nd leg 

If the Barnsley keeper had put the Windass header round the post - all the love for Moore would not exist today 

He was a very decent person, he stopped a rot, he built a connection that had gone BUT he only just scraped promotion with aside from Ipswich the most resources in the League. 

At the same time the absolute hate for Chansiri I don't get. I personally think he should sell - because of both the ongoing commitment and I don't think it will be enough for us to be competitive, but actually he will never win round vast chunks of critics in our fanbase. And he will never grasp the Sheffield mentality either, this will always be a loggerhead 

I tend 2 agree re Moore. And at times the football was dire. Having said that 96 points is normally more than enough. 

As has been said it's the uncertainty of it all at the moment after the high of play offs. 

Can we get better than Moore? Yes. 

Will we? 

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

I know it wasn’t aimed at relative regulars per se, but it’s more like what MK says. It’s the same thing, over and over. 
While hospitality sales have been good, and the commercial team APPEAR to be making a slightly better fist of it than previously. But, there’s still little things that could be done, that help boost the coffers.

for example I asked months ago, about short sponsorships for next season and pricing. They refused to give me an indication of what it might be, and they’d get back to me. Have I heard anything?  No.

How many others haven’t been contacted, there’s little proactivity it SEEMS. More reactivity. 

While I agree, there’s a loud group of ‘mithering fannies’, the same noises keep coming from them. So playing devils advocate, if DC wants those to turn from one game a season to even 3 or 5, somehow they have to be listened to or at least feel like they’re being listened to.

But. I’ve said this so much, right now, we APPEAR to be in a negative place, outwardly and it’s resonating throughout the club. Talk of players being unhappy with DM leaving, DM saying he’s not left for another club and has walked away. Which looks like it’s a disagreement between two people who seemed to be close, that ultimately couldn’t be resolved. 

weve gone from a ‘let’s see if they can kick on, big club etc’ to ‘they’ll struggle to stay in the championship, DM leaving is a disgrace’ overnight. And that’s just not good for a plethora of reasons. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Nick Parker tried that when he was CEO. Apart from the fact that most of the wealth in Sheffield lives out side the city  . The response was " What sort of return am I going to get on my investment" and what guarentees are on offer . Don't forget a number had been stung in the Dave Allen era ( loan repaid when we reach the premiership )

4 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Yeah there weren’t many Wednesday fans eating a pack up on Wembley way was there!

nail on the head with that post.

I can't get too excited about any of this stuff, perhaps I'm just getting old.

The manner of Moore leaving wasn't great, but managers come and go and DM got to go with his stock at the highest it would probably ever be at.  DC will replace the manager, we will get some new players in and off we'll go next season.

I don't think we'll go down, but until we know the full squad none of us can really judge, so I'm going to wait until just before the season starts before I get too mithered about our chances.

As for the rest, DC ain't going to sell, no one is rushing to buy us either and if you take the DM departure out of the fans forum, some of what he said made sense, equally some was fanciful.  But in general he wants us to do well, his methods aren't consistent or probably easy for the rest of his team to work with, but he's keeping us afloat, he provides some sort of stability and in his way, he's honest with fans about the challenges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BraddersTim said:

I can't get too excited about any of this stuff, perhaps I'm just getting old.

The manner of Moore leaving wasn't great, but managers come and go and DM got to go with his stock at the highest it would probably ever be at.  DC will replace the manager, we will get some new players in and off we'll go next season.

I don't think we'll go down, but until we know the full squad none of us can really judge, so I'm going to wait until just before the season starts before I get too mithered about our chances.

As for the rest, DC ain't going to sell, no one is rushing to buy us either and if you take the DM departure out of the fans forum, some of what he said made sense, equally some was fanciful.  But in general he wants us to do well, his methods aren't consistent or probably easy for the rest of his team to work with, but he's keeping us afloat, he provides some sort of stability and in his way, he's honest with fans about the challenges.

Another decent post.