The forum tonight...

Some excerpts courtesy of the Yorkshire Live blog

On DM: 

It's not complicated. It happens in football: coaches come and go. This is normal. I can't talk much because I promised with him I will not say anything. If he says first, then I will say it. If you want more info, maybe go and ask him. We have good relationship still. After game (Wembley) he wen on holiday and then came back last week.

We had a meeting. It's nothing different - it's football. We still have a good relationship. Maybe he'll come and watch us and sit next to me. I've been in football long enough and the coach leaving is normal.

On a new manager

We will have the new coach soon. I'll try before players come back. In Championship it's more difficult than League One. It's easier to recruit faster in League One. Majority of players are on holiday at the moment. Please be more patient.

DC: Whoever we bring in, I try for the best. Jos brought a club (German) to the top flight three times. But unfortunately it didn't work. If you talk about Pulis, he had experience and I wanted someone to help us stay in the Championship. I knew his style of playing but we needed someone to push. Sometimes they work good, sometimes bad.

On transfers: 

The one who did the lists is our recruitment team; our team. We made lists and the coach will talk to them and we'll go through it. Whoever is here (coach) will still use our list.

(that'll be the recruitment analyst, not TEAM as we don't have a recruitment TEAM)

DC: I never heard any coach tell me my squad is very bad. Before I make a decision I let them study my squad first, where is our weakness etc. When we start to play bad suddenly the squad is bad. I understand all the fans who follow 'experts' and sometimes you believe other people more than the club.

• Like 1

DC on DM:  He brought us up to Championship and should get chance. If you know me, I always support as much as I can. I was happy to let him be here but as a football business it's normal. It's football business, I'm sorry I can't go more in-depth. You need to go and ask Darren. If he's happy to say, I'm happy to say. I promised with him to not say anything. We still have a good relationship.

DC: I don't want to talk about the EFL too much! We need to find some way to (look at it). I try to generate money from outside. It's not easy but I try. I always told my team we need money from the outside.

We need all the fans to help us. My intention is to do good. I can't just inject money.

Q: You're excluding people and I think it's disgusting (with prices). The prices go up. Luton got promoted last season with less season ticket holders than us. Why do we have to be so high?

DC: Even all the money from the fans (ticket prices) is not enough to break even. You have your own opinion and we don't have to agree. I understand fans want it cheap. All fans want to be in the Championship. If you want cheap(er tickets) then why not stay in League One? Everyone knows Championship costs more. If we have a problem again (FFP) then it'll be because of me. Nothing is free. It needs to be balanced. We started tickets from £395 (early bird). Why didn't people buy then? I lose around £1m to give back to fans' loyalty (with those prices).

Sitting back from this, then it is clear DC is adopting a "Moneyball" type approach. Nothing unusual in that, we have basically applied it from day one of his tenure.

The words he uses "my squad" "recruitment team" "head coach assesses squad given"

At the top of the game, Man City basically do this. Brentford past masters of it. Basically the manager is no more than a head coach - input to recruitment is minimal. The idea is you have a degree of continuity and approach.

The head coach is as dispensible as the head of catering, or ticketing.

Sadly we fans are attuned to the old school world of the Fergies of this world.

It makes sense that Moore has decided he wants more control. That he could have loyalty to his coaching team but if they are considered by the owner to be performing poorly then you change them

Moore may have a job lined up where he has the freedom

Just now, HoylandOwl said:

Q: You're excluding people and I think it's disgusting (with prices). The prices go up. Luton got promoted last season with less season ticket holders than us. Why do we have to be so high?

DC: Even all the money from the fans (ticket prices) is not enough to break even. You have your own opinion and we don't have to agree. I understand fans want it cheap. All fans want to be in the Championship. If you want cheap(er tickets) then why not stay in League One? Everyone knows Championship costs more. If we have a problem again (FFP) then it'll be because of me. Nothing is free. It needs to be balanced. We started tickets from £395 (early bird). Why didn't people buy then? I lose around £1m to give back to fans' loyalty (with those prices).

Tbf that is a decent answer to the those that want a Range Rover but only pay the price for a Skoda, but expect them to be subsidised by others for the difference 

There is a lot of money envy on show. 

• Like 2

DC: In the Championship the cost is three times more so why does the ticket not go up from League One? I'm happy to reduce the price if you can get the same people. If you can't commit I can't do it.

DC: I'm always fair. I cannot take the risk (on lowering price and people not coming).

1 minute ago, HoylandOwl said:

Re season ticket pricing

DC: You can pay by instalments and all the fans know everything (price) goes up and up. I made decisions in the past to make (prices) more fair.

I would love to be there and ask the Question : How much have you put in to the club to cover the shortfall last season. How much is forecast for the 2023/24 season.

Just to give some idea in £'s what his subsidy is 

The problem here is DC is seen as a rich boy who can afford it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

DC: In the Championship the cost is three times more so why does the ticket not go up from League One? I'm happy to reduce the price if you can get the same people. If you can't commit I can't do it.

DC: I'm always fair. I cannot take the risk (on lowering price and people not coming).

Tbf he is on good form on some of the answers - give a frank reality check on finances 

DC: We have on matchdays 400, 500 staff working. We have a big stadium. We had a concert here last week and my people told me the cost of a pint was X amount - but they were happy to pay.

For tickets I understand many fans cannot pay these prices. There is instalment options.

Just now, Andyben said:

Don't think many if any actually live in UK.

I mean, if you could afford to own Liverpool, you'd live somewhere as far away as possible 

True - but you have said in the past during covid eg, issues were arising on transferring funds to the UK etc with exchange controls 

I think the point is DC does not have a bottomless pit, but even if he did then FFP kicks in anyway 

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

@YesWeCrann

Dejphon Chansiri says that if 30,000 commit to buy season tickets this season then he’ll make all of them £400… And those that have already paid over £400 will get a refund for the amount they’ve paid over £400.

Beautiful 

7 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

True - but you have said in the past during covid eg, issues were arising on transferring funds to the UK etc with exchange controls 

I think the point is DC does not have a bottomless pit, but even if he did then FFP kicks in anyway 

Thai exchange controls, support weak Bhat

DC on shirt costs: You may say it's a lot to jump to £65. Actually it should be higher because of our expenses. It should be higher. The price went down when we changed to Macron. Why did I do that? I had a responsibility because we were relegated. I took a loss to show my responsibility.

(As Mourinho said.. If I speak, I will get into trouble. 🤣)

3 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Nail. Head. @Winco

I mean, how can anyone moan about season tickets when it's exactly the same every fucking year. Clueless.

And lob it on interest free finance, or by a membership and go when you want or even more pay on gate if yer skint one week.

and just don’t buy a fucking shirt! Fuck me.

DC on Downes leaving.. And New coach working with the shortlist we already have of players 

We have the list already. David left here because of personal reasons, not about the job. Otherwise why go Blackpool?

They will come because of the club. They will know how I support the coach. You don't need to worry. We always respect the coach so it's not about the lists. Every coach before I recruit will know everything about us.