23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

Preston not scored in 4 away games, so no surprise with that result.

If we can win tomorrow it does drag Stoke, QPR and Plymouth back into the mix, plus Blackburn.

The fact Udders v Brim next week means our survival can only be on the final day even if we won both games. 

Edited by mkowl

Two good results for us with Birmingham drawing and Huddersfield getting hammered, a win tomorrow and we are in driving seat. 

Huddersfield v Birmingham next weekend where a draw would probably be best result for us, if there's a winner from that game then maybe Huddersfield would be ok with them having to travel to Ipswich on last day. 

11 hours ago, bradowl said:

Two good results for us with Birmingham drawing and Huddersfield getting hammered, a win tomorrow and we are in driving seat. 

Huddersfield v Birmingham next weekend where a draw would probably be best result for us, if there's a winner from that game then maybe Huddersfield would be ok with them having to travel to Ipswich on last day. 

We just need to win our games. That's it. 

• Like 1

Strong stuff from Forest about the decisions going against them. Said pre game that the VAR was a Luton fan !

Not seen the incidents aside from the 3rd and that was 50 50 for me. 

But they may get the EPL points back and then get re-sanctioned 

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Strong stuff from Forest about the decisions going against them. Said pre game that the VAR was a Luton fan !

Not seen the incidents aside from the 3rd and that was 50 50 for me. 

But they may get the EPL points back and then get re-sanctioned 

Was just posting similar as your post popped up. 

It had to come

There have been too many bent decisions. 

I've not seen any footage of this by the way.

8 minutes ago, MAL said:

Was just posting similar as your post popped up. 

It had to come

There have been too many bent decisions. 

I've not seen any footage of this by the way.

With a lot of money at stake it is bound to, I mean it's probably not full on cheating but subconscious bias. 

I mean if I was a VAR official and the pigs were playing they would lose 15 Nil. Probably lose 6 Nil without my intervention anyway

• Like 2

Just now, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I disagree. It was pretty much level. VAR was brought in to correct clear and obvious errors not hairline offsides like that. And it would be funny for Utd to lose from leading 3-0.

No one seems to talk about the margin of error. You cannot have a margin of error of ~10cm then make decisions by the millimetre. 

1 minute ago, Gamblor said:

No one seems to talk about the margin of error. You cannot have a margin of error of ~10cm then make decisions by the millimetre. 

I’m not talking about margin, I’m talking did the officials make an obvious mistake. Otherwise it’s binary, ie it is or it isn’t. However I recognise the binary is easier than the more subjective did they make an obvious error that a human should have spotted.

United didn’t deserve that after Covs comeback.

22 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I disagree. It was pretty much level. VAR was brought in to correct clear and obvious errors not hairline offsides like that. And it would be funny for Utd to lose from leading 3-0.

I have now the still with the lines drawn and definitely a lot closer than it first appeared - all about the angle.

VAR really has not solved anything, I mean this was at least "fact" but these penalty calls, for handball in particular or are you in the line of sight on an offside are subjective calls. 

So those are causing more controversy than is being solved - 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Meanwhile

FB_IMG_1713720375044.thumb.jpg.196e1ee5ef1c85096f3e0e96a864cf41.jpg

I sort of get this a little more, you do want fit and proper clubs in the EFL and this would appear a case of wanting potential new entrants to have their own ground. Too many recent examples of unscrupulous landlords 

Ok, presumably the National League weren’t happy with this situation? So they should have known this could be an issue and given time to resolve it.

As for deterring unscrupulous landlords, maybe start with stopping unscrupulous owners 😂

Just now, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Ok, presumably the National League weren’t happy with this situation? So they should have known this could be an issue and given time to resolve it.

As for deterring unscrupulous landlords, maybe start with stopping unscrupulous owners 😂

I am sure the local Daily Mail reporter from the North East will be on the case. He has a lot to say on the quality of stadiums in the EFL 

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

I think I speak for all true football fans when I say 'I hope Man U  put 10 past these ***** today'

When utd scored the winning pen all the ball boys should have surrounded that poison dwarf Robin's and laughed in his face the wanker.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I sort of get this a little more, you do want fit and proper clubs in the EFL and this would appear a case of wanting potential new entrants to have their own ground. Too many recent examples of unscrupulous landlords 

The council are the current landlords although by the looks of this counter statement they're trying to sell the stadium off which is why they couldn't offer a cast iron 10 years. They did provide the EFL with a letter saying they could have the tenancy for 10 years but if they sold it it would be sold with the stipulation that the new owners could renegotiate the lease. 

Seems that wasn't enough for the EFL but if I was Gateshead then I'd take it further using Coventry as an example and any other club in a similar position. 

https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/article/27784/Response-to-the-National-League-s-statement-regarding-Gateshead-FC

Been told that Forest will be using last season's Ipswich Charlton game,and PGMOL replacing Wednesday fan James Bell due to Ipswich fan pressure as ref the night before, as a precedent when they are called in by the FA to explain their actions. 

• Like 1

That statement from Forest yesterday was embarrassing. But, to be fair, they have doubled down and demanded VAR audio for the three decisions today. So they are sticking to guns.

Having seen all three, I’m astonished two weren’t given, and the third was debateable.

But herein lies the issue. The officials are literally untouchable, they don’t have to explain decisions, they don’t have to speak to managers and players post game, they don’t have to meet the media, but more critically, any criticism regardless of performance leads to a player or manager fine, whilst the prem refs get a demotion BUT no loss of earnings.

It’s the only profession I can remember when no matter what they do or how bad they are, they are not accountable in any way shape or form.

And our referees are fucking shit. For every good one, there are 3 bad ones. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

But herein lies the issue. The officials are literally untouchable, they don’t have to explain decisions, they don’t have to speak to managers and players post game, they don’t have to meet the media, but more critically, any criticism regardless of performance leads to a player or manager fine, whilst the prem refs get a demotion BUT no loss of earnings.

During the first season of VAR, there was a lot of criticism for the way that lines were being drawn for offside decisions. The response to that criticism was to stop showing the process rather than to improve it. Their response to appearing incompetent is only to censor. 

37 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

Leeds beating Middlesbrough 3-2 at HT, unless Boro win their season is done and only Coventry and Hull (who play in a couple of days) will be able to catch West Brom. 

4-2 at the moment and going 2nd

Probably a better result given that means Ipswich have to keep winning. Ipswich needing a win against Huddersfield is better for us in the event we fail to get anything against West Brom.

The goal difference could swing our way that day after seeing how they fell apart against Swansea

9 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Doncaster Rovers have won 1-4 tonight, they've been on a superb run, won their last 10 league matches in a row, which has put them into 5th in League 2 with 1 game to play.

And could still miss out on the play offs.

Cheltenham winning last night, unusual for Peterborough to choke. 

Always interesting to keep an eye on where the last match dramas in other leagues may be. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Doncaster Rovers have won 1-4 tonight, they've been on a superb run, won their last 10 league matches in a row, which has put them into 5th in League 2 with 1 game to play.

Unbelievable run, they were 3rd to bottom around Christmas and needed a last minute goal to get a point at Sutton to stop em sinking into deeper trouble. 

More unnoticed Bradford City have also been on a good run and could get the 7th place play off spot if they beat Newport at home last day and Crawley and Barrow fail to win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Peterborough made 7 changes. 
Maybe resting some for play offs.

They might actually get to Wembley if they win first leg by 5!

I mean they still had a theoretical chance of getting automatic promotion before last night

OK a very long shot mainly because the sheep shaggers play Carlisle and only need a point but i would be fuming if we rested players in that scenario