23-24 non-Wednesday football tonight / when SKY, TNT (BT), Amazon dictates.

7 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Just a more general question: do folks think Jude's younger brother will get to a level where he's useful for England?

I don’t think he’s a bad player, but he’s not a patch on his brother. So no, I don’t think he will.

A few thoughts on the performance of England C team (just for Reesh) last night. 

First off don't complain about decisions and missed fouls/penalties/offsides if you choose to play at a stadium where VAR isn't fitted. 

Now to the playing side. No point in playing Moore if you're not going to have someone running off the flick ons. After the first ten mins Poland backed off to pick up the seconds as no one was near him. Why take Brennan off when he was possibly our most forward moving player. Page then realised his mistake and threw a half fit Brooks on who had to be subbed himself. Broadhead hardly got a touch when he came on and didn't take a penalty so what was the point. Ramsey would have been the better option to take the sting out of Poland being fitter in extra time. 

Penalties. The look on Dan James face, as he took the ball from Ward, told you he was never going to score. Hennessey should have been studying the crib sheet and Ward should have been subbed. He was never going to save any penalty and we were relying on Poland missing. 

Page has to go. We might have taken points off Croatia but he should have gone after we lost at home to Armenia. The players might like him but the last Euros, the World Cup and this campaign show he's no idea how to change the influence in a game. Give Steve Cooper whatever he wants for the next set of qualifiers 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

A few thoughts on the performance of England C team (just for Reesh) last night. 

First off don't complain about decisions and missed fouls/penalties/offsides if you choose to play at a stadium where VAR isn't fitted. 

Now to the playing side. No point in playing Moore if you're not going to have someone running off the flick ons. After the first ten mins Poland backed off to pick up the seconds as no one was near him. Why take Brennan off when he was possibly our most forward moving player. Page then realised his mistake and threw a half fit Brooks on who had to be subbed himself. Broadhead hardly got a touch when he came on and didn't take a penalty so what was the point. Ramsey would have been the better option to take the sting out of Poland being fitter in extra time. 

Penalties. The look on Dan James face, as he took the ball from Ward, told you he was never going to score. Hennessey should have been studying the crib sheet and Ward should have been subbed. He was never going to save any penalty and we were relying on Poland missing. 

Page has to go. We might have taken points off Croatia but he should have gone after we lost at home to Armenia. The players might like him but the last Euros, the World Cup and this campaign show he's no idea how to change the influence in a game. Give Steve Cooper whatever he wants for the next set of qualifiers 

Alright Ty let's not go all Alexander-Armstrong on the son of our former loanee

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

...they truly are the England C team reading that @Tylluan

Some many parallels

Thing is England C lost to Wales C last week. My mate does the analysis for England C and was gutted

Edited by Tylluan

It was a really poor game. And oddly enough, the longer the game went on, the more Poland fancied it. That was echoed by the support as well.

When the plan A, ale house to Moore (who I though was good) stopped working, and Poland brought on Bart Salamon and hooked Bednarek, the game shifted.

They both looked like two playoff chasing Championship teams.

Poland have a couple of very good players. Przemek Frankowski (the right wing back and the reason why Matty Cash can’t get a kick now). Zalewski, the left wing back is good too. But beyond that, and the obvious names like Kiwior, Zielinski and Lewy, it’s not a great squad.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 09:19, KrolMong said:

It was a really poor game. And oddly enough, the longer the game went on, the more Poland fancied it. That was echoed by the support as well.

When the plan A, ale house to Moore (who I though was good) stopped working, and Poland brought on Bart Salamon and hooked Bednarek, the game shifted.

They both looked like two playoff chasing Championship teams.

Poland have a couple of very good players. Przemek Frankowski (the right wing back and the reason why Matty Cash can’t get a kick now). Zalewski, the left wing back is good too. But beyond that, and the obvious names like Kiwior, Zielinski and Lewy, it’s not a great squad.

Why Page hooked Johnson, I don't know, the one dangerman they had & they hooked him.

It was a shame that Robert's (I think it was) went down injured which meant James reverting to RB - in which he never really offered much.

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Some game up at St James 

The slack Jawdees have scored 3 inside the last 15 minutes to turn a 3-1 deficit into a 4-3 lead.

Scored three just after Moyes put Kalvin Phillips on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Scored three just after Moyes put Kalvin Phillips on

He gave away penalty to make it 2-3, game turned on its head from that point. 

Newcastle were struggling with a number of players going off injured and they had to leave players on pitch who were struggling with injuries. 

A crazy game to watch. 

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

Get in piggy bastards. Funny how wildboar hasn't run full length of the pitch to boot a ball off a cone into the crowd.

I thought that they were going to win one their, especially when it came up 4-1 on sky sports news. 

They must be distraught. 🤣

Posted (edited)

The entire POG programme was taken up discussing VAR (well, the bit I heard by misfortune anyway).

I contemplated phoning in laughing but then I remembered what a shit show it had become so thought better of it.

Edited by Skamp

17 hours ago, Skamp said:

Get in piggy bastards. Funny how wildboar hasn't run full length of the pitch to boot a ball off a cone into the crowd.

I sat and watched it. It was an absolutely travesty that Fulham didn’t score 10. They absolutely battered the pigs, Silva was proper pissed off post game. All three pig goals were completely against the run of play.

Watching Portsmouth v Derby and it just reaffirms how much I don’t want us to go back down to that league. These two are arguably the best two sides in the league and it’s utter dogshit watching them.

Currently 2-2. 87 minutes played. 

Good result for Forest tonight beating Fulham 3-1. 

Puts them on 25 points, 3 clear of Luton who play Arsenal away tomorrow. 

Blunts 10 points  behind Forest with a far worst goal difference, though they have 2 games in hand starting against Liverpool on Thursday. 

Doncaster got another win I see, beating Wrexham 1-0. The thought of being on that Welcome to Wrexham documentary next season is as bad as having to play in that Johnstones Paint Trophy again.

Seen Stockport and Mansfield are 1st and 2nd in that division. Not surprised at that, given both sides completely outplayed a "championship" team away this season. 

9 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Watching Portsmouth v Derby and it just reaffirms how much I don’t want us to go back down to that league. These two are arguably the best two sides in the league and it’s utter dogshit watching them.

Currently 2-2. 87 minutes played. 

My old man always said that in his peak watching years in the 50s we were too good for Division 2 not good enough for Division 1, hence yo yo time.

The horrible scenario is that feels like it applies between League 1 and the Championship, with that nagging doubt of needing a squad re-build again and which Chansiri emerges from a relegation aftermath 

The problem is whilst I say what is needed is a total reset in League 1, I would hate every minute of it. Let's be honest it's a bit shite down there 

There was a coach full of Newcastle fans in the centre of Chapeltown when I drove through on my way home tonight around 6ish.

Any idea where they could possibly be on their way to?

Edited by cheat

Just now, cheat said:

There was a coach full of Newcastle fans in the centre of Chapeltown when I drove through on my way home tonight around 6ish.

Marshgate?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cheat said:

Youth Cup somewhere

Or just thick

Would often go in the Crown n Cushion up Burncross Road when playing at our place