Wembley ticket thread….

9 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Some folk got 100TPP over two seasons and moan at having to boost Chansiris coffers to buy a membership to jump the queue 😂😂😂😂😂 to go to there 11th game in two seasons 😂😂😂😂😂

Albeit the alternative argument is now why bother getting a membership in the future at the start of the season, when you can use this insurance policy at any time if needed.

See I have this old fashioned but clearly misguided notion that a football team should be about community and not trying to fuck over each other, whether that is club to fan, fan to club or fan to fan.

But basically it's dog eat dog in this rat race

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Albeit the alternative argument is now why bother getting a membership in the future at the start of the season, when you can use this insurance policy at any time if needed.

See I have this old fashioned but clearly misguided notion that a football team should be about community and not trying to fuck over each other, whether that is club to fan, fan to club or fan to fan.

But basically it's dog eat dog in this rat race

I’ll be totally honest.

I don’t feel one bit bad about it. For me I’ve lobbed a few extra quid at the club and made my lad happy, plus I can get on with my week now.

12 hours ago, Winco said:

By buying tickets for every cup game even if you don’t go I suppose. Points harvesting as andyben calls it. 
it’s only 260 for a season ticket. Could take years to get to that level.

a mate has over 850 points and couldn’t get I think Shrewsbury away tickets. So obviously a fair amount have a stunning amount of points be interesting to find out just how many have got over 1000.

Yeah, when they only roll over a 2 year period. I'll have about 540 at the start of next season! So hopefully I'll get a few more in too.

13 hours ago, Winco said:

By buying tickets for every cup game even if you don’t go I suppose. Points harvesting as andyben calls it. 
it’s only 260 for a season ticket. Could take years to get to that level.

a mate has over 850 points and couldn’t get I think Shrewsbury away tickets. So obviously a fair amount have a stunning amount of points be interesting to find out just how many have got over 1000.

Unfortunately, that’s the downside of third division football. @Reesh would have the details, but there are a fair few away ends that will have less than 1500 in them - which given that our average away attendance is over 2000 means that a fair few of the core support may miss out on those smaller gates.

I did some maths on my own expenditure as an Owl in exile.

I pay for iFollow which is about 140 quid a season. I have membership, which is 30 quid. And I come back for about 7 games a season.

I am happy to be part of the less chance of a ticket group. Although equally happy that I do get a guaranteed ticket due to membership.

But, there really is some silly people out there, people who have gone to 10-15 games this season without any form of ID, people losing account data or just not realising they have it. Some of the stuff on social media is almost laughable when you read what has happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winco said:

I’ll be totally honest.

I don’t feel one bit bad about it. For me I’ve lobbed a few extra quid at the club and made my lad happy, plus I can get on with my week now.

You don't have to feel bad about it in the slightest 

My view is it sits a bit uncomfortable but fuck all I can do about it other than express said view 

6 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

And its all a bit hypothetical as most folk will get a ticket in the end 

I am just grateful we aren't a West Ham fan where 5 -10% of the home crowd will get a ticket for the European final at best 

Or City fans having to fuck off to Istanbul and the prices of those tickets as well as availability 

That West Ham final’s stadium only holds about 20k doesn’t it?

I think, from reading Twitter, that the club's revenue team have played a blinder.

Basically they've "allowed" folks to pay £30 to jump the queue so why wouldnt  they?  But from looking at the plans and the complaints, they seem to have let them book the £30 and £40 up in the Gods tickets so now they're getting £60 and £70 for those, which would probably have been the last to go normally.   Then they've waited for them to be snapped up, then released tickets in the middle section a few hours later.

Good revenue management...questionable fan relations but from a business perspective, I can see the sense in doing it.

3 hours ago, Winco said:

I’ll be totally honest.

You do go to matches though Winco so not a real issue.

Its the ones who last went to a game for the Grand Day Out 2016 who live within easy access of the ground that really wind me up. 

• Like 1

Depends how many tickets you want in one block I suppose, but there were a good number scattered around last night when I got mine. Got a £62 ticket on the side - I only wanted one, but there were a few together even then, and plenty up “in the gods”.

I tend to agree that whoever wants one will get one.

2 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

I think, from reading Twitter, that the club's revenue team have played a blinder.

Basically they've "allowed" folks to pay £30 to jump the queue so why wouldnt  they?  But from looking at the plans and the complaints, they seem to have let them book the £30 and £40 up in the Gods tickets so now they're getting £60 and £70 for those, which would probably have been the last to go normally.   Then they've waited for them to be snapped up, then released tickets in the middle section a few hours later.

Good revenue management...questionable fan relations but from a business perspective, I can see the sense in doing it.

From what folk have said the release of tickets was outside the control of Wednesday 

Whether it is good from a longer term business perspective is a moot point. They get away with it (every Club not just SWFC) because they have you by the balls 

I got the last remaining member of our trip's at 1pm today.  The >50pts group.  Seemed to be top and bottom decks on sale.  About 450 were on sale for one top deck block so presumably just released then.  A couple more had 200+ in them and rest on sale seemed to be 100s and below.  I was in a queue of more than 2,200 when it first opened on Monday morning.  At 1pm today the queue in front of me was about 300 and it had gone by about five past one. Nothing on offer on middle deck whilst I was on.

12 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

We’ve been given an extra 1355, not sure if that’s it or there’s possibility for more 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-allocated-additional-seats-for-league-one-play-off-final-against-barnsley-fc-at-wembley-4155999

I reckon there'll be more...

Dingles seem to have stopped shouting about sales...

All I can think is it’s to do with segregation which is now changing in anticipation of us getting some of their blocks?

Even then it’s a strange way of doing it rather than just giving us those 1300 plus whatever they were going to start with. 

I think that they have to be 'seen' to be relatively fair, because look at how many more fans turn up for a 'showcase' game across the board. Luton don't sell out every week and have sold 25,000+, Cov the same, and us too, although we do sell 25k in home league games just about as opposed to Barnsley's 11k or whatever the average is. 

I said it when they went on sale, that I think a lot could have been read from the fact they stated that the Dingle's tickets were being sold block to block, which to me suggested it was always the plan to move things around if they could.

I've been on and off all day and there's been "better" tickets being made available throughout the day. At 2.58 I could get better seats than my mate who bought his with his season ticket yesterday. Not that I'm complaining mind as I cocked up the priority and I'm in the queue now 🙄

54 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Thats within blocks we already have apparently makes no sense.

The only "logic" i can offer is that it would help manage the concourses and entry points a bit easier and spread out fans across the allocation IF we did not sell out, before then infilling those seats as the overall allocation does get sold 

But the point about better seats, i know my mates that go to a lot of the away games find they get the tickets in the wings not behind the goal half the time  

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Could you try buying on his account? Keep trying if you resolve it as there are more appearing as peoples baskets empty when they don’t complete a purchase 

He doesn't have one as he's only 10, just linked to mine. Kicking myself as I was going to buy him a season ticket, but he wasn't bothered so just figured we'd go as and when

33 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

I've bought my lad a membership, but it won't recognize it when I'm at the checkout, any idea who to contact to resolve. Ticket office not answering the phone 😭

I sorted my email problem by emailing playoffs@swfc.co.uk. They answered pretty quickly and changed my email address in time for me to get tickets!

8 minutes ago, Reesh said:

All because these one game a decade ***** jump the queue, I've given my ID to help a mate get tickets together, I'll be watching at home in peace and quiet.

Go on, how many extra memberships were sold?