Wembley ticket thread….

I just think that the EFL perhaps dropped the ball here a bit, you’ve got to remember that Barnsley were allowing every season ticket holder to buy multiple, they get an average home attendance of 11k, which probably is really about 9.5k in home fans.

There was no chance that they would sell 30k.

They should have just given Wednesday 45-48k up front and save the hassle of moving goalposts etc as the week goes on.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I just think that the EFL perhaps dropped the ball here a bit, you’ve got to remember that Barnsley were allowing every season ticket holder to buy multiple, they get an average home attendance of 11k, which probably is really about 9.5k in home fans.

They should have just given Wednesday 45-48k up front and save the hassle of moving goalposts etc as the week goes on.

Stop talking total sense. It’s the EFL we’re on about there will be loads of tickets for the Barnsley end down there.

Point is we can now sell roughly 2 x our home fan average crowd this season ie so give or take the same as they are able to do

That actually is a lot fairer than the initial allocation

I am also presuming that I guess the front 5 rows in the upper tier 5 won't be sold. The seats below are at tier 2 and given they sold from North to South they are perhaps not fully sold. And Tier 1 is miles below 

I don't know how segregation works on tier 5 or indeed outside 

26 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

They can't do that from the start, it is a neutral venue.

My son in law said Cov got a further allocation today, so maybe we will see more trickle through up to Saturday lunchtime and that’s despite both them and Luton having “sold out”.

I just don’t understand why the club just don’t say that they will continue to seek more tickets as opposed to look out for updates. 

5 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

There’s a statement from the Dingles saying they were against the new allocation because of safety concerns. I’m sure all the Wednesday ultras have been waiting for this ticket allocation so they can kick off 🤔

What, the statement posted on page 7, never?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Not going mate. I'm at a peace with it.

How come you not going fella ?

I've been in a right mood about missing it but coming to terms with it after Half Pint gave me a talking to 😀

He said "Dad, if we win we will be ecstatic and if lose glad we weren't there plus nothing will beat Thursday night".  Smart lad - must check his DNA. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Reesh said:

Not going mate. I'm at a peace with it.

7 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

How come you not going fella ?

I've been in a right mood about missing it but coming to terms with it after Half Pint gave me a talking to 😀

He said "Dad, if we win we will be ecstatic and if lose glad we weren't there plus nothing will beat Thursday night".  Smart lad - must check his DNA. 

Fucking mardy arse that’s why.