Wembley ticket thread….

Must admit I’m still considering my options for travel, it’s good to have options.

Whilst I’m sure the roadworks will be something of a pain in the arse I don’t think it’ll be too bad going it’s the coming back that could be difficult if the BH traffic hasn’t subsided.

Re the number of tickets left, I’m sure I’ve read from the club and others that it’s not actually possible to know how many tickets are left  unless you can access the whole stadium database, hence why the club have said they will aim to let supporters know how things are going. Although I don’t think there has been anything official from the club.

If the Dingles have sold 15k and they are going to general sale tomorrow 1) it hard to see them selling more than 25k which 2) should mean more could be opened up for us if we’ve sold say 30k by tomorrow night Thursday lunchtime.

I think most people will feel a little frustrated that they won’t be able to get seats in groups because the ones that are left are literally all over now and in small numbers, at least they were when I looked this morning.

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

We have some right fucking thick ***** in our fan base.

Those who can't find their log in details, those who can't find their attachments...

Don't deserve tickets.

I agree but some fans just don’t use the online ticket site and always queue at the ticket office. It is easy when you know how to use it and always assign owners of tickets etc 

What I don’t understand is it was harder in 2016 as you had to buy off ticket master so surely they can’t be that many newcomers. 

It’s easy to say when your own are in your possession and you find it easy I won’t have people slagging the club off or the system nowt wrong with it at all it’s just down to user error.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Those who can't find their log in details, those who can't find their attachments...

Don't deserve tickets.

Don't go on Stalk then.

Where's the tube ?

What's thd tube ?

How do I pay on the tube?

What do I do if it rains ?

I have a season ticket and my Wife last went cause she fancied Gary Bannister and can she get a ticket with me.

How many points have I ?

It goes on ......

25 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Don't deserve tickets.

^^ this.

knowing we’re going to Wembley from Thursday! Knowing the tickets would be online, probably prudent to get your house in order ie, sign into the website, reset passwords,sort family and friends out or just go to the ticket office before the mad rush. Can’t blame the club for anything this time.

The release of ticket blocks seems a bit haphazard. That season ticket holders on the first priority were not given the full stadium (our side) to choose from, or certain categories were sold out, but logging in at 4pm with a shiny new membership some folk get in Tier 2 near halfway.

Don't know of course is if this is Wednesday doing this, Wembley controlling it. Probably some algorithm creating false demand to encourage ticket sales 

The idea that maybe 100 or so would upgrade to memberships might be nearer 2000 folk

Money for the Club but the above looks like you are pissing on your most loyal supporters 

2 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The release of ticket blocks seems a bit haphazard. That season ticket holders on the first priority were not given the full stadium (our side) to choose from, or certain categories were sold out, but logging in at 4pm with a shiny new membership some folk get in Tier 2 near halfway.

Don't know of course is if this is Wednesday doing this, Wembley controlling it. Probably some algorithm creating false demand to encourage ticket sales 

The idea that maybe 100 or so would upgrade to memberships might be nearer 2000 folk

Money for the Club but the above looks like you are pissing on your most loyal supporters 

As an accountant I’d thought you’d appreciate loopholes.

2 minutes ago, Winco said:

^^ this.

knowing we’re going to Wembley from Thursday! Knowing the tickets would be online, probably prudent to get your house in order ie, sign into the website, reset passwords,sort family and friends out or just go to the ticket office before the mad rush. Can’t blame the club for anything this time.

I had a 20 minute wait to get to the front of the queue but it probably took 90 seconds max to pick the seats, assign and pay. Went for a piss and the email with the tickets in the inbox when I returned.

That part of the process no complaints, the new memberships does sit uncomfortably because that option spread quickly around social media and has caused a bit of anxiety 

I had a 20 minute wait to get to the front of the queue but it probably took 90 seconds max to pick the seats, assign and pay. Went for a piss and the email with the tickets in the inbox when I returned.

That part of the process no complaints, the new memberships does sit uncomfortably because that option spread quickly around social media and has caused a bit of anxiety 

Oh every fucker is on it. But obviously the club have allowed it so what can you do.

12 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Give it a rest eh

1 minute ago, Winco said:

Oh every fucker is on it. But obviously the club have allowed it so what can you do.

Nothing, that ability does not sit comfortably with me. Short term gain for sure, but what benefit is there in me renewing my membership for 2023/24 in July - so long term loss 

And season ticket holders not been given full choice of seats (its not like it wouldn't sell out). That may not be in the control of the Club saying that

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Give it a rest eh

Why I think it has caused anxiety for folk

No one objected to the priority system as set out to start with. But folk being able to queue jump threw an unnecessary curve ball and indeed cost for some fans 

The crap about fans being the 12th man is crap, we are simply played for loyalty. 

That is football fans as a collective not finger pointing at just Wednesday. This is just seeing it in play at close quarters 

3 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Nothing, that ability does not sit comfortably with me. Short term gain for sure, but what benefit is there in me renewing my membership for 2023/24 in July - so long term loss 

And season ticket holders not been given full choice of seats (its not like it wouldn't sell out). That may not be in the control of the Club saying that

It goes back to the age old argument of what type of supporter deserves the most when there’s a smudge of success.

I had over 100 points and that’s it plus probably 10 home games this season paying on door that counts for fuck all.

but does that make any less of a supporter cause I’ve chucked the club a extra £50 for a week to get decent tickets at Wembley? Does it fuck.

• Like 1

The only thing that's irked me, and irked, I'm not pissed off. Is this block release thing, when people are seeing tickets that weren't available earlier etc. I've seen posts this afternoon with stadium maps etc, and there are seats in sections that just weren't there when I got through at about 10am this morning. 

I'd liked to have had the choice. That's all. But, again, not all will be lucky enough to go for one reason or another. So if I'm sat 5 rows forward of the moon, then, well... It could be a lot worse. 

But I must say, the process for getting through, buying and getting the ticket was seamless. The system worked very very well in that respect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Winco said:

It goes back to the age old argument of what type of supporter deserves the most when there’s a smudge of success.

I had over 100 points and that’s it plus probably 10 home games this season paying on door that counts for fuck all.

but does that make any less of a supporter cause I’ve chucked the club a extra £50 for a week to get decent tickets at Wembley? Does it fuck.

Fair points

I am not getting in to the TrueFan arguments, because financial and personal circumstances vary. 

I have found I can enjoy from a distance this season, but the quid pro quo is I  accept that a season ticket holder should be given priority and looked after.

My argument is that you run a business like I do, my objective is not to fuck over those that pay most and are loyal 

Here's a question for you.... 

So, 36000 seats, we've got what... Around half that in season ticket holders? Should there be a priority amongst season ticket holders? TPP etc etc, or just straight, season ticket holders have first dibs across the board....?

5 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

@mkowlthesexynewversion It's Wembley that auto releases the blocks. The club has nothing to do with it

That is why I caveated that point because it does not make sense for the Club to do that

Be some fucking crap algorithm that makes music fans pay top whack for fear of missing out.

One of my modern life gripes, but then I vote with my feet when it comes to gigs these days 

Fair points

I am not getting in to the TrueFan arguments, because financial and personal circumstances vary. 

I have found I can enjoy from a distance this season, but the quid pro quo is I  accept that a season ticket holder should be given priority and looked after.

My argument is that you run a business like I do, my objective is not to fuck over those that pay most and are loyal 

Yeah but the season ticket holders got first dibs, probably not the clubs fault about seating allocation. We all agree them that she’ll out £700 plus quid a season ticket get the first choice. The membership is obviously a money making thing fair play to the club imo.

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

So, 36000 seats, we've got what... Around half that in season ticket holders? Should there be a priority amongst season ticket holders? TPP etc etc, or just straight, season ticket holders have first dibs across the board....?

TBf I think the points system is fair, although once you’ve reached over 1000 points you are untouchable regarding tickets and once a load have got to that point no other fucker can get in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I presumed that it meant 2 year season ticket holders got priority over just 2022/23 ones

It may also be practicality that there is a capacity on the server and they wanted to smooth it out to stop an outage

I remember it being easier in the early 90s when you simply had the voucher system and there would be no tech to track your purchases - but that favoured those living close by.

My point here is that the system as set out seemed totally fair, my criticism is simply the ability to queue jump. And it caused angst for some 

I don't think it's wrong to express that view

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Winco said:

TBf I think the points system is fair, although once you’ve reached over 1000 points you are untouchable regarding tickets and once a load have got to that point no other fucker can get in.

Be interesting if the Club address that. After all it was the top point earners that got the tickets for Peterborough away and then slagged off the players in the stadium 

Saying that whilst it's not a perfect system it's more perfect than any other basis 

• Like 1

But everyone can queue jump by buying a season ticket for 2023/4 or a membership.

There's no restrictions on it so what's the biggie

I'd be looking at Club tickets if we go as it was a way of guaranteeing we get there but if we can get a membership instead then ace, tickets for us and an extra 100 quid to SWFC

7 minutes ago, Winco said:

Yeah, I'm with you on both points Winco, but the 1000/1050 or whatever it is, is a barrier to entry. There's been times when I've wanted to go away this season but just can't get anywhere near. And while I get it, it just left me thinking, how the hell am I ever going to be able to get anywhere near if the points system rolls over every 2 years. 

I have to confess that last time against Hull at 6.30am on the morning of the first sales memberships were still available and I quickly snapped up two one for my missis and one for my daughter. The club realised this and stopped sales at 9.00 at put a statement out about it. Just the way it is sometimes you do what you need to do 

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Yeah, I'm with you on both points Winco, but the 1000/1050 or whatever it is, is a barrier to entry. There's been times when I've wanted to go away this season but just can't get anywhere near. And while I get it, it just left me thinking, how the hell am I ever going to be able to get anywhere near if the points system rolls over every 2 years. 

By buying tickets for every cup game even if you don’t go I suppose. Points harvesting as andyben calls it. 
it’s only 260 for a season ticket. Could take years to get to that level.

a mate has over 850 points and couldn’t get I think Shrewsbury away tickets. So obviously a fair amount have a stunning amount of points be interesting to find out just how many have got over 1000.

Edited by Winco

20 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

As of 3 hours ago - Barnsley sold 20,000 of their 37,000 allocation.....

That is 5000 sold in 8 hours for general sale as well as upping the limit from 2 to 5 tickets each

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

@mkowlthesexynewversion It's Wembley that auto releases the blocks. The club has nothing to do with it

Joe Crann on Twitter suggesting that.

And I guess the Club might want to say a lot but equally keeping quiet, so as not to compromise the allocation of more tickets.

My point is that season ticket holders could rightly feel a bit miffed and never pick up the Club is limited what it could do. Given the major objective has been to maximise season ticket sales you don't want to risk that relationship 

6 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Just think some are a generation that do t do tech

Sleeping overnight in the south stand wasn’t easy, worth it though seeing the pig fan crashing outside 

Well they should sit in the residential homes pissing themselves and leave it to normal folk

5 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Just think some are a generation that do t do tech

Sleeping overnight in the south stand wasn’t easy, worth it though seeing the pig fan crashing outside 

Think it was that season you could get a 6 game package for the run in and get priority for the Cup games.

I know we already had tickets and basically were right twats driving past the queue waving them at those queueing - well our imaginary tickets the real ones at home 

I apologise 32 years later for that pretty crass action

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Wonder if it was split by Season Ticket holders points totals to avoid a rush on the system and crashing it ?

9 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Some folk got 100TPP over two seasons and moan at having to boost Chansiris coffers to buy a membership to jump the queue 😂😂😂😂😂 to go to there 11th game in two seasons 😂😂😂😂😂

Fucks sake