23/24 kit thread

14 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Stoke fans have also noticed the similarities between that kit and ours and are kicking off about it. They're saying Macron promised bespoke kits after the generic kits they were getting from Adidas 

There's only so much you can do with stripes

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Meanwhile, not far away from Port Vale, at Stoke....

Their home kit for next season is very similar in design to ours from a few year back, and this has the white back like ours did with the stripes at the bottom.

thumb_959_stoke_city_2023_24_macron_homethumb_959_stoke_city_2023_24_macron_home

Good spot. Ours would have looked better with striped sleeves (in my view at least). It was a proper League 1 shirt. 

The one we just got promoted in was a lovely shirt though 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1banana2banana said:

We don’t half have some naff sponsors. Mr Tom sounded like a *****, chuppa chupps was a mess and this is almost as bad. 

The logo was just out of a 30 year exclusive use contract that Dali placed on the design when he drafted it. Chupa Chups could only use it on their immediate branding during that time. 

Both Barca and Real Madrid wanted it on their shirts but also demanded exclusivity. The owner of Chupa Chups didn't want to alienate either of the clubs so sourced a club out of Spain. 

We were chosen because of our individual name and the fact we wore blue and white stripes, the colours of Dali's favourite team. We were also still in the Premier League when the deal was signed. Chupa Chups tried to cancel the deal on our relegation but it was water tight. 

They've not sponsored a football team since but a section of Espanyol fans started wearing our shirts in reference to Dali 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

The logo was just out of a 30 year exclusive use contract that Dali placed on the design when he drafted it. Chupa Chups could only use it on their immediate branding during that time. 

Both Barca and Real Madrid wanted it on their shirts but also demanded exclusivity. The owner of Chupa Chups didn't want to alienate either of the clubs so sourced a club out of Spain. 

We were chosen because of our individual name and the fact we wore blue and white stripes, the colours of Dali's favourite team. We were also still in the Premier League when the deal was signed. Chupa Chups tried to cancel the deal on our relegation but it was water tight. 

They've not sponsored a football team since but a section of Espanyol fans started wearing our shirts in reference to Dali 

What a great story. Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

I enjoyed how they wished us “sweet suck-cess” at the time it was announced. Clearly cursed us 

On 03/06/2023 at 13:13, Tylluan said:

Didn’t know any of that so thanks for the info. I still standby the fact that it looked a mess plastered in the middle of the shirt. How many people wear them now the current retro shirt trend is in? I didn’t see one chuppa chups shirt at Wembley. 

19 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

Didn’t know any of that so thanks for the info. I still standby the fact that it looked a mess plastered in the middle of the shirt. How many people wear them now the current retro shirt trend is in? I didn’t see one chuppa chups shirt at Wembley. 

Did you see a Chupa Chups one though?

15 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

I've got the yellow one that never went on sale, may have been 4th shirt and managed to get hold of a couple

For some reason, the sports shop that used to be in Hoyland got hold of a few.. Somehow! And I managed to get one.

On 04/06/2023 at 16:43, holmesfield_owl said:

May have some value being a rare one thinking about it, may flog one and get new away shirt

Do you mean this one pal? I worked in JJB Sports in Donny back then - they had a load of stuff in at the time on the cheap they were clearing out and I remember picking one up 'cos there weren't many of them about.

20211229_173718.jpg

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Barcodes (H)

newcastle_united_2023_24_castore_home_ki

Newcastle have finalised a £25m-a-year front-of-shirt sponsorship deal with the leading Saudi Arabian events company Sela. The agreement will provide an early test of the Premier League’s new fair market value commercial regulations.

28 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Newcastle have finalised a £25m-a-year front-of-shirt sponsorship deal with the leading Saudi Arabian events company Sela. The agreement will provide an early test of the Premier League’s new fair market value commercial regulations.

Peanuts compared to some shirt sponsorship deals. Arsenal's Emirates deal is worth £40m a year.