The MKOwl Derby…. Match thread

HoylandOwl

23 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

got tickets for Paul Weller Friday night and Shed Seven Saturday night. 

Shed Seven 👍

As for the game, given our previous televised matches this season have finished 0-0, 0-0, 0-0 and 0-2, is it too much to hope for at least one goal in the correct net?

Just a public service announcement, availability of fuel around MK been a bit shit recently due to the eco mob blocking some of the depots. Just been driving around and its still looking very hit and miss. Basically I wouldn't rely on getting fuel down here if the need arises, well not without having to drive round a bit 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/april/all-the-way-to-the-wire/

With little room for manouvre in the play-off pack, the season is set to go all the way to the wire.

A clutch of teams are battling it out for a top-six finish and Wednesday continue their pursuit with the trip to MK Dons on Saturday evening.

Marvin Johnson remains calm, cool and focused as, back in August, a compact business end was something the wing-back expected.

Johnson said: “With the quality of the teams in the division, we thought it could go all the way. It looks like that’s how it could pan out.

“It’s very tight up there but we are focused completely on ourselves. We have five cup finals to go and our intention is to win them all.

“MK Dons will be a tough game for sure, they’ve had a great season. I would rather play a team with something to play for at this stage. 

“Teams with nothing to play for can be harder to break down, especially the longer the game goes, but with this game both sides have everything to play for.”

Injury update, two form teams and full focus on MK Dons clash

2 Hours ago

Here are some talking points from Darren Moore's pre-MK Dons press conference.

INJURIES

There have been a few bumps and bruises in training this week. Dennis Adeniran and Lewis Gibson have come back in training with us and we’re pleased to see them in and around it.

Lewis will be a no for this weekend and Dennis is 50-50. It’s whether we feel it’s the right kind of game to bring him into. We’ll have a look at them tomorrow and see how they feel.

The reason we’re being cautious with them is because of the busy schedule. Josh Windass is back but not on the grass yet, he’s been doing some strengthening work this week.

SET PIECES

We’ve worked on defending free kicks and we’ve tried to replicate the different scenarios as much as possible. But when you do this in training there’s only so much you can do to replicate a real game scenario.

We’ve done analysis and worked on the positioning, but you can’t predict which player the ball is going to fall to during a game. It isn’t just down to the defenders, it’s down to everybody. There’ll be set plays tomorrow and we have to be better if we are to progress as a team.

V MK DONS

I think it’s a wonderful game, it’s whet the appetite of everybody and that’s why it’s been chosen for TV. Both teams will be looking to win the match, we’re in form and both teams are playing good football.

Because it’s the next game, it’s the most important game. We’ve planned and prepared as much as we do for every other game. Liam (Manning) has done a wonderful job with MK Dons and taken the club on to a new level.

They’ve had seven or eight players that have played and performed all season, so there’s a consistency. I remember playing them at home and it was really tight until Josh Windass won us the game with a wonderful strike. Credit to them, they are in good form, but we’ll be going head-to-head tomorrow to try and earn the three points.

LOOKING AHEAD

We always just look at the players we have available before each game. We don’t look ahead, because even the players coming back from injury have to do work before they are able to contribute to the team. We don’t try and predict what will happen over the weeks, we just look at the next one. After tomorrow’s game I’ll be looking to Tuesday against Crewe.

GOOD FRIDAY FIXTURES

I know there are games today, but I just focus on us. I’m not going to be looking at what anyone does, I’ll be working on our preparations for tomorrow and keeping my focus on moving this club forward.

SAIDO BERAHINO

Saido has to continue doing what he’s doing. I’m really pleased with him and I’m seeing things from him that I saw him do when I first worked with him years ago. He came back from international duty and it wasn’t right for him to start after the jet lag and having played 90 minutes. He’s had a full week of training and he’s ready to go.

On 14/04/2022 at 08:46, HappyOwl said:

Over 5k tickets sold for a Saturday night on sky as well. We are Massive 🙌🙌🙌 come on Wednesday ffs 🙌🙌

Latest figure is 5400 with pay on the day.  It would’ve been 10k if it’d been this afternoon.  Fuck Sky TV etc.

Big game tomorrow. Win and we go up. Automatically. 

Beat MK Dons and win our game in hand, and we go 4 points behind them with three games left. 

We'll win our games, and MK Dons will drop points at Oxford and Plymouth. 

Owls promoted on goal difference with 88 points.

Rotherham win 2, draw 1 and lose 2 of their last 5 for those interested, and finish on 87. 

11 hours ago, KingCretin said:

Big game tomorrow. Win and we go up. Automatically. 

Beat MK Dons and win our game in hand, and we go 4 points behind them with three games left. 

We'll win our games, and MK Dons will drop points at Oxford and Plymouth. 

Owls promoted on goal difference with 88 points.

Rotherham win 2, draw 1 and lose 2 of their last 5 for those interested, and finish on 87. 

I am presuming this is exclusively on The Disney Channel. 

10 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Gutted, my DJ fee has just come through for a set in Birmingham at 10pm so I won’t be able to watch 

Was hoping it wouldn’t come through so I could watch before a 6 hour set in Chesterfield 

Pre mix your set and watch it via your phone/iPad