The MKOwl Derby…. Match thread

HoylandOwl

My god don't we give our fans heart attack after heart attack, I couldn't bear that last 5 minutes, he played nearly 12 minutes injury time, that was a cracking free kick but a silly free kick to give away in the 1st place, very entertaining game to watch was that!

Well played Wednesday, that is a massive 3 points in our push towards the playoffs! Fantastic stuff.

We don't half make hard work of it sometimes. We've consistently given silly free kicks away at vital moments this season, luckily that earlier shot from Coventry hit the post, cos we offered very little 2nd half. On the upside, FDB was outstanding for me, strong on the ball and gained us yards on a few occasions. Gregory again, all-round number 9 performance, gives us so much more than just his goals. Onto Tuesday. 

Just got back, with all that injury time be back from Sheffield quicker😁. Thought we would fuck that up in the end but thankfully didn't. First time the young un witnessed a proper Wednesday away match, meaning a full on fans well up for it pissed as farts group of fans. 

Had no idea about the first goal in the stadium, but Bannans I was right behind, well 70 yards behind but what a strike. Tbf was right behind their free kick and that weren't bad. 

Great result, only downside is ruddy Toytown benefitting from our hard work 

Great stuff today. Play offs likely but not guaranteed. Just hope we go up and don't bemoan those draws from winning positions. Even rovrum at home. They'd be in reach with a draw that game. I reckon we ll get max points now from remaining games and just miss out on auto. There's half a dozen games left or so of top seven playing each other.

The dream would be us winning the final against Sunderland. Wembley would be rocking.

Edited by Lee
Typo

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Can we all put to bed this stupid belief that Bannan is shit now? 

To be fair, people haven't said he is shit.

They have said he is shit in certain positions.

Bannan as a defensive player is shit, there I've said it.

It causes us all sorts of problems, the main one being we encourage the opposites to camp in our half and we cannot get any attacks going, so then we start with the Hollywood balls.

But put him forward and he looks a proper player, 

Enjoyed that even if it was nervous wreck time 😬 for injury time.

The one reassuring observation, the number of next generation Wednesday fans coming through the ranks. I appreciate some of them may get overexcited at times, but the young lads and a few lasses were 100% on it. Made this old fudder quite proud that they have inherited the passion

Great vids of the HT concourse Lee Gregory song. Today's earworm for sure.

And its a decent stadium despite what some say, its not soulless with a full away end thats for sure

28 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Enjoyed that even if it was nervous wreck time 😬 for injury time.

The one reassuring observation, the number of next generation Wednesday fans coming through the ranks. I appreciate some of them may get overexcited at times, but the young lads and a few lasses were 100% on it. Made this old fudder quite proud that they have inherited the passion

Great vids of the HT concourse Lee Gregory song. Today's earworm for sure.

And its a decent stadium despite what some say, its not soulless with a full away end thats for sure

It’s a lovely stadium, but it’s wasted on them. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

It’s a lovely stadium, but it’s wasted on them. 

True, in the top 2 and less than 9k home fans in the stadium. Given the size of MK these days and still expanding population wise. I guess they suffer because the connections are with other clubs from the incomers and - ignoring the engineering works - the London premier league clubs are in easy reach.

The stadium is definitely one of the better new ones, that style but a Kop like the Spurs one to add a bit. Sadly I don't think the footprint at Hillsborough is big enough to do it properly. 

33 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

True, in the top 2 and less than 9k home fans in the stadium. Given the size of MK these days and still expanding population wise. I guess they suffer because the connections are with other clubs from the incomers and - ignoring the engineering works - the London premier league clubs are in easy reach.

The stadium is definitely one of the better new ones, that style but a Kop like the Spurs one to add a bit. Sadly I don't think the footprint at Hillsborough is big enough to do it properly. 

Another 20/30 years when their core of young fans has kids, there’ll be a few more fans.

21 minutes ago, Reesh said:

There's nowt redeeming about MK as a city, the stadium, the fans or the fucking club. 

I once had to navigate through MK on the early days of sat nav. Fucking battery died due to all the fucking roundabouts. I've hated it ever since. It really is the centre parting of cities.