Grecian 2000 (and 23)...

HoylandOwl

Right... I'll stick my head above the water again. 

So.... As per.... 

Officials for the game...

REFEREE: DECLAN BOURNE
Daniel Woodward and Gary Hilton
Fourth Official : Andy Haines

Our man in the middle this weekend has officiated 26 games... Shown 99 yellow cards and nine red cards. (Four of them were in consecutive games he officiated, three of those games were in League 1)

Last time he reffed us? - Well, it looks like he never has done! But get ready if his performance recently in Walsall's game is anything to go by!

Head to head record v Exeter

Wednesday wins 4

Exeter wins 7

Draws 2

Last time out at S6 v Exeter - 24th Sept 2011. 

Our team: Bywater, Buxton, Batth, Jones, Johnson,R, Semedo, Lines, Marshall, Madine, O'Connor, McGoldrick, 

Subs: O'Donnell, Bennett, Palmer, O'Grady, Lowe

Finally... For now...Some words ahead of the game from them...

Exeter are trying to heap the pressure on us.. As per Pierce Sweeney....

“It’s going to be one hell of an atmosphere on Saturday, it’s going to be bouncing up there and the pressure is all on them. They need the points more than we do.

“They’re going to have about 29,000 home fans there and we’re going to take 1,000 so it’s going to be a good game, hopefully a good atmosphere." (I think he's got that wrong)

9 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Surprised we’ve not done more to be honest, everyone gambling on us doing the job and buying Derby tickets which is almost sold out 

These bandwagon jumpers have more faith than I do.. think it’ll be over by the time the sheepshaggers visit, just hope we end their play off hopes, but most likely they’ll get a late winner to secure 6th spot

DM.
💬 "For us, tomorrow is a great game for all connected at the football club. 

"The key for tomorrow is the supporters, they have played a magnificent part all season and they will be the catalyst for us tomorrow."

💬 "To win a game gives everyone confidence and we did that on Tuesday. Now we turn the page and we have another big game tomorrow."

💬 "I can't speak highly enough of our fans over the two seasons. 

"Our away form has really improved and at home they've been brilliant at getting behind the team. 

"There's a connection and they have made Hillsborough a great place for us to play football." 

DM.
💬 "For us, tomorrow is a great game for all connected at the football club. 

"The key for tomorrow is the supporters, they have played a magnificent part all season and they will be the catalyst for us tomorrow."

DM 💬 "Icky has come through the Under-21s game well and he's trained and had no reaction. 

"It's huge for the group due to his experience and know-how.

"He's part of the squad for tomorrow." 

DM 💬 "Baz's contribution on the pitch has been exceptional. 

"He's a nominee for the division's player of the season and rightly so. 

"His work rate is exceptional and he leads by example, and he's playing for a club he loves dearly." 

DM 💬 "Rio has made great progression and he's certainly in a stronger position than he was two or three months ago."

DM 💬 "I've always maintained the focus is on us at Sheffield Wednesday. 

"We want to solidify back to back performances and be the right version of ourselves." 

"For us, tomorrow is a great game for all connected at the football club. 

Also known as DM blowing smoke up our arses after him and the team fooking up a monumental opportunity.   Think atmosphere will be crap unless we get news of Ipswich or Plymouth losing by 2.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

We are going to be overcome with emotion 

Cos big Darren moores gunna get us promotion 

there’s going to be an assembly 

when we don’t need to go to Wembley 

and it’s a praise for Sheffield Wednesday 

come on Wednesday only 3 points will do it’s going to be the biggest clutching of promotion from the brink of messing up promotion that we have ever achieved ever 😂😂😂

Of course it could all be effectively sorted tomorrow but I don’t think it will. The crunch in my view is their mid week games and away at Shrewsbury.

I could see us resting some players v Derby if we know we are in the playoffs but it also could be a dress rehearsal for the actual playoffs. So I’d rather we either a) beat them so they don’t get in the playoffs or if they somehow are in the 6th spot win so we have the mental upper hand.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

Turgid stuff.

Bannan has rightly been dishing out bollockings to all three center halves by simply not carrying the ball into the space available in midfield. The amount of times that both Flint and Brown could have carried the ball twenty yards without pressure and haven’t is terrifying.

Paterson, Gregory and Smith have been woeful.

We HAVE to go to a 4 because they are not playing an outright striker and at times we have three center halves with nothing to mark.

5 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Turgid stuff.

Bannan has rightly been dishing out bollockings to all three center halves by simply not carrying the ball into the space available in midfield. The amount of times that both Flint and Brown could have carried the ball twenty yards without pressure and haven’t is terrifying.

Paterson, Gregory and Smith have been woeful.

We HAVE to go to a 4 because they are not playing an outright striker and at times we have three center halves with nothing to mark.

Bannan is being man marked, so we need an extra body in midfield to create more control in the game.

Our better approach this season is to grasp control of the midfield and build attacks from 40 yards out, get the wing backs in to it. 

Today's approach I don't have a frigging clue