Grecian 2000 (and 23)...

14 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Bannan trying to whip the crowd up after the first is just ridiculous if they stop serving up shit nervous negative football we will get behind them ffs

Anyway it’s not over so we go again 

See what happens Tuesday 

That wound me up at the time as it seemed like he was having a pop. The crowd was reacting positively to anything they could be given, even a throw or a tackle it was that flat from the team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheExile said:

That wound me up at the time as it seemed like he was having a pop. The crowd was reacting positively to anything they could be given, even a throw or a tackle it was that flat from the team.

Bannan needs to assess his own contribution yesterday. I appreciate he had a shadow most of the game and our set up was frustrating the life out of me, but early in the game he was stood motionless and indeed most the game. 

• Like 2

Overall it is ridiculous that we could be on 93 points by 5pm Saturday and be knocked out of any auto contention with a game to go.

But it's how Leagues work and the issue is really having done all the ground work it's the inability to see the job through.

And part of that lies at Moore's door. Part of that is his own mis-guided belief in his approach and system. Again in many ways he was tactically found out again yesterday. Again he failed to make convincing changes to get the victory, it was more a couple of moments where the additional quality in our squad came thru.

And it's that limitation he has that raises questions for me about the sense of another LG 1 campaign.

Be another tough year as subject to which side goes up in the play offs, Bolton, Barnsley, Peterborough and Derby will be improving. Wigan and Blackpool look a mess, but be no surprise if they bounce right back.

But more that the Clubs like Exeter simply know we are there to be shot down if Moore is still there. They can out think him 

• Like 1

The reaction to the win yesterday is strange. I get it, everyone is frustrated at the way it has fallen away but WE WON THE GAME FFS! 
It seems that, to satisfy a lot of our fans, we have to win 5-0 every week whilst simultaneously not passing it around at the back and not playing long ball, and also not allowing the opposition to have a single attack. 

Sorry to say but the reaction of our fan base to this bad run has really shone a light on how we react to adversity. Do folk really think booing at half time is going to have any positive effect at all? It isn’t a game of ‘clap or boo’ just shut the fuck up if you’re not happy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Bannan needs to assess his own contribution yesterday. I appreciate he had a shadow most of the game and our set up was frustrating the life out of me, but early in the game he was stood motionless and indeed most the game. 

Quite a few debating if he was carrying an injury 

He was playing under instruction and told to play close to Vaulks as we were playing with 3 forwards. Exeter stood someone on him. Because the center halves were not carrying the ball, it was easy to get into shape and they were happy to allow Vaulks to have it.

Second half. They pushed Bannan up the pitch and played him behind the 3. Hence more success. Plus, the wide center halves played up the pitch and created overloads which moved them out of position.

Yeah it’s not the first time he’s been man marked. He’s good enough to deal with that 

When a player has a shadow then he needs to be effective in other ways. Pull him wide so it creates a gap in the middle to exploit. Look to be bypassed in any build up. Do not actively seek the ball. Basically anything that makes the shadow question what he's doing.

Bannan could have swapped with Paterson or Johnson for ten minutes or so and just seen what happens. He's supposed to be our best player so he should have that intelligence 

• Like 1

I didn’t go yesterday. However, let me get this right, didn’t DM make changes and we went on to win the game? So what’s the problem with him not changing the team. We know he doesn’t change things early but to counter that he should be able to let the players figure out what they need to do, along the lines of what Ty said re BB. They are for the most part an experienced bunch.

Heres a thought, are some of them thinking yes we want to win, with minimum effort a) so they don’t get injured and b) not to knacker themselves out any further for the probable games to come. Tbh I don’t know how you do that in the heat of a match but FDB seems to be able to!

2 hours ago, Chelters said:

The reaction to the win yesterday is strange. I get it, everyone is frustrated at the way it has fallen away but WE WON THE GAME FFS! 
It seems that, to satisfy a lot of our fans, we have to win 5-0 every week whilst simultaneously not passing it around at the back and not playing long ball, and also not allowing the opposition to have a single attack. 

Sorry to say but the reaction of our fan base to this bad run has really shone a light on how we react to adversity. Do folk really think booing at half time is going to have any positive effect at all? It isn’t a game of ‘clap or boo’ just shut the fuck up if you’re not happy.

I honestly thought the booing was more at the officials than the team, although there was an element of it being at the team for a very languid and misjointed 45 (+6) minutes.

Right now and for the last few weeks I’ve generally not been fussed about styles. It’s points on the board more than ever that’s needed to keep the pressure on the top 2. 
If it’s disjointed, ale house football, or whatever I don’t care. Points. Win.

same in the playoffs as it looks like we’re there. So what Huddersfield did to us if needs be. Just get the job done 

3 hours ago, Chelters said:

There was one Bellend walking out after 85 mins gobbing get yer money on Barnsley going up!

you can tell there’s a air of worry in the ground we know we look very vulnerable at the minute and it just seems we’ve done the “Wednesday way” of having it all at our feet 8 games ago to yet another probably play off with a knackered and injured side.

37 minutes ago, Winco said:

There was one Bellend walking out after 85 mins gobbing get yer money on Barnsley going up!

you can tell there’s a air of worry in the ground we know we look very vulnerable at the minute and it just seems we’ve done the “Wednesday way” of having it all at our feet 8 games ago to yet another probably play off with a knackered and injured side.

We beat Dingles at Wembley it’s already written in the stars 

we miss out on Autos in last 5 minutes against Derby cos Ipswich score in the 95th 

we scrape through semis on penalties in front of the kop

We go to Wembley as underdogs cos they have already beaten us twice already and we win 5-0 and lot goes up 

Easy Easy Easy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first half yesterday was abysmal.  We at least showed some spirit and fight second half, and yes, at this stage of the season it is all about results.  There’s not much point in analysing it to death though.  We basically were down to the bare bones. We had a starting eleven who were knackered after the midweek game because we’ve got too many injuries to rotate the side, and two of the players on the bench are guys the manager doesn’t really trust because…well because he’s not fucking blind.

Bannan asking more from the crowd after the equaliser?!  Well at half time I was saying we needed more from him second half.  To be fair he did raise it.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I honestly thought the booing was more at the officials than the team, although there was an element of it being at the team for a very languid and misjointed 45 (+6) minutes.

Right now and for the last few weeks I’ve generally not been fussed about styles. It’s points on the board more than ever that’s needed to keep the pressure on the top 2. 
If it’s disjointed, ale house football, or whatever I don’t care. Points. Win.

same in the playoffs as it looks like we’re there. So what Huddersfield did to us if needs be. Just get the job done 

Deffo at the team IMO.  Speaking of the officials, is it just me that thought we got away with a massive handball in our pen. area first half?  (Not too long after the ref. change.)  Yes, it was ball to hand but his arm was definitely stuck right out as he went to ground to try and block it with his foot. I think it deflected up onto his hand. 

Also the original ref. was blind as a bat!  Smith went after a ball that ran behind the Kop  goal line and hooked it back into play near the North & ref. just played on. Fans all around us were looking around with mouths open.  That was a staggering realisation of just how short sighted he was.  

Had a perfect view of Brown’s deflected ball to hand from the West side of the North.  Yep, it was a nailed on VAR penalty, the kind they don’t give without VAR.  Quite a few around me were saying exactly that…in between the jumping up and down and angry pointing blah blah blah.

6 hours ago, Chelters said:

I get what your saying and I don't think I've ever booed at any of our players. But for me the frustration is how bad we are actually playing. We look absolutely awful. A string of bad results csn happen no problem with that it's the fact we actually haven't really played well since 1st half v Ipswich from memory. 

That's far 2 long. That miss from Smith at 2-0 looks absolutely pivotal now

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mark said:

I get what your saying and I don't think I've ever booed at any of our players. But for me the frustration is how bad we are actually playing. We look absolutely awful. A string of bad results csn happen no problem with that it's the fact we actually haven't really played well since 1st half v Ipswich from memory. 

And the dreadful giving away of the free kick by Iorfa that they scored their first from, just before half time. He really worked hard to give them that free kick!    It wasn't just our two goals that had absolutely flattened them: the penalty save  had ripped the guts out of them first.  If we'd have gone in at 0-2 it could have been an entirely different second half but his two or three attempts at giving a free kick away eventually succeeded in a deadly spot and their bloke duly obliged.  The entire game swung on that moment, (just as it had for us thanks to Dawson earier.)

49 minutes ago, Mark said:

I totally get the frustration, I feel it myself. It’s impossible to deny the performances have been below par over the post 6 weeks but the way some fans have reacted you’d think we were in the relegation zone. 

13 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I totally get the frustration, I feel it myself. It’s impossible to deny the performances have been below par over the post 6 weeks but the way some fans have reacted you’d think we were in the relegation zone. 

Yes your right. Obvious thing to say but it's gone from looking like certain top 2 (although performance wise was  giving worrying signs ) to playing like a bottom 6 side not a top 6. 

25 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I think the one major thing that was driving fans barmy yesterday was the sheer amount of times that we got into a clear attacking position and then just turned and passed the ball back to the defence. It was like they were plastic toys with a built-in swivel action, it happened so many times.  A bloke that the local asylum had let out for the day kept bellowing "Cowards!" at them.  It was highly worrying, though, in a game we must win.  It looked just like they couldn't give a toss at times.   Unfortunately, at times when turning back was logical it still brought the same response.   For instance, a long crossfield pass in the first half found Johnson at LWB with bags of space in front of him.  However, he also had three opponents in front of him.  Two defenders well in friont of him and a midfielder coming across.  But no colleague at all anywhere near him.  If he'd have tried to beat them and lost the ball they'd have been away down his side.  He turned and passed it back and got dogs abuse, quite unfairly IMO.  Other times it was more justified, even if unhelpful.

Everyone talking about it’s the Wednesday way on social media some of these young uns have no idea 😡😡😡 

Now if we somehow take it to the last game and it’s in our own hands against derby and we then fuck it up in the last minute that’s the Wednesday way 😂😂😂😂

Dont stop believing 🙌🙌

• Haha 2