Rumour or not?

So. DC went into the changing rooms post the game at Oakwell.

Confirmed by Rob Staton who doesn’t go into the changing rooms. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, he might have gone in. But was it a confrontation? First loss in 23 games and it was a confrontation? Hmmm

4 minutes ago, Chelters said:

Apparently it was the exact opposite, he went it to say thanks for the unbeaten run and that he still believed in them.

We know the bloke well enough now to know that he’s not the type to go steaming into a dressing room and slagging people off.

I am sure people will believe what they want to believe 

11 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I am sure people will believe what they want to believe 

100%
Loads of confirmation bias flying around on Twitter. All those who “hate” DC are happy as Larry with this rumour. Churning out all the old stuff wrapped up in the new rumour.

Our downturn in fortune corresponds with injuries, an awful away day at FGR not aided by a team adjustment where fringe players during our run never stepped up, lack of focus at the back as much as the chairman walking into the dressing room before or after game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoylandOwl said:

Staton apparently didn’t say there was a confrontation….

And WTID have deleted their original tweet

WTID have piled on pressure with a fragile fan base at moment. They have done a great job here haven’t they - driving a wedge between the fans at the very time there was no need to throw fuel on the fire that our fan base at moment. 
All of us are struggle to hold our tongue in the grounds at the moment as soon as we have a hiccup on the pitch!

• Like 1

I cannot see one scenario where he would have gone in after the Barnsley game and had a pop at anyone. Especially considering it was a game that we could have easily got something from.

The WTID folks are going all in on the chairman again.

What’s more likely is that he’s gone in and congratulated them on the great run, and just emphasized how close to promotion we were at that point and to keep going.

What happened AFTER that is open to conjecture, but the only games I felt that the effort levels were not right would have been FGR and Burton. 

And he’s now got every right to go in and have a pop at both the manager and players. But I suspect that will wait until the season end.

Not posted anything on here for ages but i'm fuming at min !!!!

Usual lot coming out to sh*t stir / Make usual drivel up / pile into club & and have a go at DC, must of been awful for them all when we were on 'the run'. 

As a club / fanbase we really are doing out best to spectacularly F*ck this up. 

Time to go into siege mentality - scrap the cosy press conferences, stop telling every journo / fan exactly what our injury state is - Push back / Ban journo's who revel in causing trouble for the club (we know who you are !!!). 

F*ck off these attention seeking w*nkers who just want to be seen as SWFC fan celebrities / experts & get as many clicks on twitter or what ever sh*t they use. 

Back the team / club with everything we've got until end of season & see where we end up. 

Plenty of time for bitching in summer IF we don't go up. 

C'mon Wednesday ( & i still think we'll be in Championship nxt year !!!!) .

Rant over - for now......

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Retro Owl said:

Not posted anything on here for ages but i'm fuming at min !!!!

Usual lot coming out to sh*t stir / Make usual drivel up / pile into club & and have a go at DC, must of been awful for them all when we were on 'the run'. 

As a club / fanbase we really are doing out best to spectacularly F*ck this up. 

Time to go into siege mentality - scrap the cosy press conferences, stop telling every journo / fan exactly what our injury state is - Push back / Ban journo's who revel in causing trouble for the club (we know who you are !!!). 

F*ck off these attention seeking w*nkers who just want to be seen as SWFC fan celebrities / experts & get as many clicks on twitter or what ever sh*t they use. 

Back the team / club with everything we've got until end of season & see where we end up. 

Plenty of time for bitching in summer IF we don't go up. 

C'mon Wednesday ( & i still think we'll be in Championship nxt year !!!!) .

Rant over - for now......

Quality post👍

Even if DC did go into the dressing room and start ranting and raving, I find myself constantly bemused as to why this is a problem for owners of football clubs to do.

If the fat duck restaurant that Heston Blumenthal owns suddenly lost all its Michelin stars and started getting shit reviews and he went in the kitchen and started ranting and raving at the chefs no-one would raise an eyebrow, but the second a football club owner does similar it's a problem.

I know the problem with this analogy is that Heston is a chef and DC isn't a football manager, but the point was more you can own a business without being an expert in that field whilst having the right to be pissed off if standards suddenly and unexpectedly slip can't you? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Never ceases to amaze me how people who claim to be supporters plumb the depths of their integrity to destabilise the club time and again.

We have a ridiculous amount of fans who seem too happy now we're not doing well, just so they can say "I told you so". 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

I've often thought that Walks, the trust, the band, the black balloon mob, wtid, the shareholders association, half the people that have ever been on the board all seem to hate the club whilst simultaneously claiming to have it's best interests at heart...

Just to clarify the WTID I was involved in (nothing to do with this version) hopefully had the best interests of the Club at heart, certainly in calling out some right old shite that was sniffing around the company.

I am not going to pretend I am a huge fan of Chansiri, I will criticise when I think its due, but there is a difference raising points on here where there is a limited audience, but equally folk will argue back if yer talk shite - so quite often in my case 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Just to clarify the WTID I was involved in (nothing to do with this version) hopefully had the best interests of the Club at heart, certainly in calling out some right old shite that was sniffing around the company.

I am not going to pretend I am a huge fan of Chansiri, I will criticise when I think its due, but there is a difference raising points on here where there is a limited audience, but equally folk will argue back if yer talk shite - so quite often in my case 😉

Definitely wasn't aimed at you or your efforts as part of WTID MK, I considered listing you separately 😉.

In fairness I find your criticism of the chairman to be well thought out even if I don't always agree with it...your criticism of Carlos mind 🤔😄

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Definitely wasn't aimed at you or your efforts as part of WTID MK, I considered listing you separately 😉.

In fairness I find your criticism of the chairman to be well thought out even if I don't always agree with it...your criticism of Carlos mind 🤔😄

looking forward to MKs response to this 😬

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Long in the past all that nonsense thankfully.

All everybody needs to accept I was 100% correct when it came to Carlos 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think this must happen more than fans like to realise not just at Wednesday but across the leagues. All depends what he said but if it’s a thank you then fair dos. If it was a whinge it’s a bit embarrassing for him more than anything but wouldn’t justify the defeats that followed. He will have a manager getting 90 odd points and not going up 

The funny one was the rumour he went in to ask them to make the playoffs as we didn’t have enough cash to finish the season…even though autos nets us about 8m quid more revenue…some very simple people out there.

A lot suggesting we’d have no money if we didn’t go up and said the same when we came down ie we’d go right through. None of it is substantiated and it’s all scare mongering. I think if we stayed down we’d have a solid core of contracted players and another decent budget but we’d have to clear the air around Moore or find another manager capable of 80/90 points 

16 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

A non story and nothing to report, yet Mr Staton put it out there… so if there’s nothing to report why put it out there????

Hmmm

Same reason you'd announce the club are in a transfer embargo an hour before the first game of the season (Giddings, Wigan away) set of twats who don't get the info from the club they maybe once did.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheExile said:

I think if we stayed down we’d have a solid core of contracted players and another decent budget but we’d have to clear the air around Moore or find another manager capable of 80/90 points 

You make a valid point. If we stop down then the top end L1 wages is around £12-15k and we can attract some good younger players with that. If/when we go up then we won't still be offering that money. We'll still be seen to be a soft touch, wages wise, and negotiations will start at least at £12k for bang average Championship players. 

Them you'd have our social media warriors screaming if we buy a 22 year old for £175k instead of spunking £1.5m for a 30 year old defender 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

You make a valid point. If we stop down then the top end L1 wages is around £12-15k and we can attract some good younger players with that. If/when we go up then we won't still be offering that money. We'll still be seen to be a soft touch, wages wise, and negotiations will start at least at £12k for bang average Championship players. 

Them you'd have our social media warriors screaming if we buy a 22 year old for £175k instead of spunking £1.5m for a 30 year old defender 

In some areas we are already paying Championship wages as we outbid others and not just Rotherham for Smith but what will be the top end for us here at this level would be the standard or lower end of the bracket in the league above. By the time we got the wages under control in the championship I’d heard the average was about 15k rather than maybe 5-10k more than that per player when DC first arrived.

You can see the effect ffp has had on the championship now though, younger squads on lower wages hoping that one either takes you up or earns some ££.

Whilst experience is key for us at this level I was hoping we would have a few younger prospects to come up with and help with that ongoing accounting battle. Adeniran and FDB and Famewo fit the bill but only one of them looks to have any future now. Need some younger players in the summer 

18 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Fucking crackers that a division 3 player can earn that

most of em not a lot better than some playing non league

It's market forces. Was it worth securing a 24 goal striker by increasing his wages by 50%? At the time, maybe it was.

But would another club pay the same wages to secure a 15 goal striker with an injury history? If we were to sell Smith. 

Edited by Tylluan

27 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

It's market forces. Was it worth securing a 24 goal striker by increasing his wages by 50%? At the time, maybe it was.

But would another club pay the same wages to secure a 15 goal striker with an injury history? If we were to sell Smith. 

An understandable second comment but something that  perhaps should be considered by any such future prospective suitors for his services is his attitude in playing through, or attempting to play through, injury. He's been an absolute brick in that regards for the last month or two. 

• Like 3

The best five players at the club in no particular order are…

Windass

Byers

Bannan

Vaulks 

Smith

Common denominator in all of them bar Byers. All close to 30, or past 30.

In terms of performers this season, you can add:

Palmer

Ihiekwe

Johnson

James

McGuinness

Famewo

James

Flint

Gregory

4 of those are also over 30. McGuiness and James are or were loanees.

When you look at the age of the squad, you then see the scale of the rebuild that is needed pretty much immediately. And then when you realise how bad the younger players have been, such as Dele, Dennis and Bakinson - it looks at even more daunting task.

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

And the fact he's the wrong side of 30..... If we were to go up though... Maybe.

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

An understandable second comment but something that  perhaps should be considered by any such future prospective suitors for his services is his attitude in playing through, or attempting to play through, injury. He's been an absolute brick in that regards for the last month or two. 

Smith was the same at Rotherham. He did his foot in the Papa Johns final. Difference between us and them is that their medical staff pumped him full of Cortisone (Smith's idea) before each game afterwards. It's talked about on the All or Nothing podcast. 

It's possible we've reaped the 'benefits' of those actions

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

The best five players at the club in no particular order are…

Windass

Byers

Bannan

Vaulks 

Smith

Common denominator in all of them bar Byers. All close to 30, or past 30.

In terms of performers this season, you can add:

Palmer

Ihiekwe

Johnson

James

McGuinness

Famewo

James

Flint

Gregory

4 of those are also over 30. McGuiness and James are or were loanees.

When you look at the age of the squad, you then see the scale of the rebuild that is needed pretty much immediately. And then when you realise how bad the younger players have been, such as Dele, Dennis and Bakinson - it looks at even more daunting task.

We’ve got to be promoted this season. Even if we do somehow manage it like you’ve said it’s gonna be a challenge. If we don’t we’re fucked.