Rumour or not?

HoylandOwl

13 hours ago, Andyben said:

Don't matter what his wages are if we're not playing to his strengths. 

May as well have kept Nuhiu.

FWIW he's in top three Wednesday players at club, yet we build team around a player who's not in top 5....

You wouldn't happen to mean the player who's up for the best player in the entire league award, would you?  

(Can't personally see him winning it now we're struggling to win the league compared with earlier, though that's not the point.)  

12 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Smith in peoples top 5? I really like him, he’s honest, runs himself in to the ground, can take a pen but aside from that. Certainly doesn’t make mine, Gregory is a much better all round player 

Like saying Nuihu was better than Hooper 

Nuhiu WAS better than Hooper when he was playing and Hooper was out injured for eons. 

28 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

You wouldn't happen to mean the player who's up for the best player in the entire league award, would you?  

(Can't personally see him winning it now we're struggling to win the league compared with earlier, though that's not the point.)  

Yes. 

2 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

ah because our morons in the middle cant head a bloody ball on target , he's laid countless chances on there heads recently . He cant make the cross and finish the bugger all on his own can he 

And what about the countless wasted corners and set pieces by the useless jock ****

19 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

An understandable second comment but something that  perhaps should be considered by any such future prospective suitors for his services is his attitude in playing through, or attempting to play through, injury. He's been an absolute brick in that regards for the last month or two. 

He’s part of the spine of the team and could continue to be. I don’t think we’d sell him. That kind of battling player does so much for the team like Nuhiu did.

6 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Nuhiu WAS better than Hooper when he was playing and Hooper was out injured for eons. 

Hooper was clearly a better player than Nuhiu, although tbf the later was much better than given credit for. I'd rather have him than this season Smith.

Hooper used to really anoy me at times. His technical ability was excellent yet I felt he dropped to deep at times and did some of his better work to far back. He might have achieved more than he did imo,but same can be said for many.

30 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Smith isn't as technical IMO as Nuhiu was, but..I'd not rather have him than Smith. Not now. 

No true. I didn't explain myself well enough. Back in the day I think Nuhiu was better than Smith is with us right now.

But no I certainly wouldn’t want him back now

You can't compare Nuhiu with Hooper as they were completely different players. You could sort of compare Nuhiu with Fletcher as Fletcher was supposed to be the upgrade. Or even Paterson.

Nuhiu was around the 1 in 5 mark for us but you have to take into consideration how he was utilised. He only started 122 league games and Carlos got used to throwing him on in the last 10 mins to defend corners. He still managed to score 40 league goals and 25 assists. As a guideline, Paterson has scored 18 league goals across 3 seasons. I think that's pretty comparable with Nuhiu's 6 seasons 

I remember a debate on here (and across the fan base) on whether we should have kept him. Even with our financial constraints we thought we could get better but we ended up with Kachunga and Izzy Brown (and Paterson)

If we'd have kept him for the relegation season then I think we would have extended again for League 1 (seeing as we brought in Berahino and Sow). Personally I'd have made him the focal point for Gregory and Windass to be busy around. In much the same way we had Forestieri and Hooper working round Fletcher/Nuhiu. It worked for Wycombe when they bought Vokes.

At the moment Nuhiu is top scorer at his club and has a good chance of playing Europa football next season if they keep the momentum going.  

He's 33, so comparable with Gregory and Smith but I can't remember Nuhiu having much time off injured in his 6 seasons with us. That could have been priceless over the past two seasons. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tylluan said:

You can't compare Nuhiu with Hooper as they were completely different players. You could sort of compare Nuhiu with Fletcher as Fletcher was supposed to be the upgrade. Or even Paterson.

Nuhiu was around the 1 in 5 mark for us but you have to take into consideration how he was utilised. He only started 122 league games and Carlos got used to throwing him on in the last 10 mins to defend corners. He still managed to score 40 league goals and 25 assists. As a guideline, Paterson has scored 18 league goals across 3 seasons. I think that's pretty comparable with Nuhiu's 6 seasons 

I remember a debate on here (and across the fan base) on whether we should have kept him. Even with our financial constraints we thought we could get better but we ended up with Kachunga and Izzy Brown (and Paterson)

If we'd have kept him for the relegation season then I think we would have extended again for League 1 (seeing as we brought in Berahino and Sow). Personally I'd have made him the focal point for Gregory and Windass to be busy around. In much the same way we had Forestieri and Hooper working round Fletcher/Nuhiu. It worked for Wycombe when they bought Vokes.

At the moment Nuhiu is top scorer at his club and has a good chance of playing Europa football next season if they keep the momentum going.  

He's 33, so comparable with Gregory and Smith but I can't remember Nuhiu having much time off injured in his 6 seasons with us. That could have been priceless over the past two seasons. 

Certainly someone who would be a threat in League One. And someone who it would stick to if you went ale house. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Forestieri 

I think if Forestieri had not decided he wanted out, and stayed injury free, we would have built a team around him. In his second season he threw his toys out of the pram, his third season he was injured. And then Jos and Monk both decided they didn’t fancy him and he kept getting injured. The first season, he was brilliant, after that, not great.

What also didn’t help was that we also had Fletcher (injuries), Hooper (injuries), Rhodes (disaster), Winnall (never used) and we ended up relying on Joao and Nuhiu.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KrolMong said:

I think if Forestieri had not decided he wanted out, and stayed injury free, we would have built a team around him. In his second season he threw his toys out of the pram, his third season he was injured. And then Jos and Monk both decided they didn’t fancy him and he kept getting injured. The first season, he was brilliant, after that, not great.

What also didn’t help was that we also had Fletcher (injuries), Hooper (injuries), Rhodes (disaster), Winnall (never used) and we ended up relying on Joao and Nuhiu.

João who changed in football nature after his successful rôle in our exciting cup win over Arsenal, to the point where he was sent out on loan for the remainder of the season.  (I think I remember.)

4 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Certainly someone who would be a threat in League One. And someone who it would stick to if you went ale house. 

The problem with Atdhe, if we had him now, would be the constant stream of free kicks that would be awarded against him for being big.  We'll all remember how many unfair free kicks were given against him in the Champ. Imagine what all our lovely Lg1 faves would make of him!  🥸    🤬

18 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Agreed. I wasn't particularly comparing him either Hooper. Bit chalk and cheese. Although neither had pace. If Hooper did I'd go far to say he could have played internally football.

I'd rather have Nuhiu than this season version of Smith. He's better at holding it up with back to goal and a better link man. Not as good in the air but he can still take a pen😉

Just now, Mark said:

Agreed. I wasn't particularly comparing him either Hooper. Bit chalk and cheese. Although neither had pace. If Hooper did I'd go far to say he could have played internally football.

I'd rather have Nuhiu than this season version of Smith. He's better at holding it up with back to goal and a better link man. Not as good in the air but he can still take a pen😉

*Internationally