It's not over yet you mithering fannies

4 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Three wins takes us up...believe

I think we need to forget about Ipswich. They are playing so well and battering teams every week now. They have tricky games at Peterborough and Barnsley, but they only need to not lose to those two, and win the other three and they are up.

But, if we get 10 points, it might be enough to pip Plymouth.

But, have you seen enough evidence that we can beat any of the four teams we have left? Based on the last 8 games.

I can actually see a scenario where we get less than 6 points from those games. All are tricky, and they will simply think that if they get in our faces, we will crack.

If we end up with less than 92 points, that for me is a colossal failure by Moore and the players.

Of the two away games I thought yesterday would be the easier of the two, given it’s nearby (minimal travel), whilst they’ve had some good results they’ve also lost to teams we’ve easily overcome. Whereas Rovers have had some good spells this season, are more of a distance away etc. 

On this form Exeter and Shrewsbury suddenly look more of a challenge and it could effectively be all over by Derby, ie that will be a dead rubber. Good luck with selling those tickets. I won’t be buying a ticket for that unless it has something riding on it. Even though I suspect the club will make it some kind of voucher for the playoff game.

So whilst I agree it’s not over Otto it’s looking more unlikely as each game passes and without Windass and Byers the playoffs look very difficult.

The games are coming too fast for our legs and heads to recover. It would be a different story if we were winning like Ipswich or had the legs (and manager) of Plymouth to get over the blips. 

Bristol Rovers will be all over us on Tuesday because Barton will set them up that way. The atmosphere on Saturday will play a big part and Exeter will fancy it if they turn Derby over on Tuesday. If they don't then they're safe enough to have flip flops on from Saturday onwards. But that means they'll have them on for Barnsley as well. By the time we get to Shrewsbury and Derby we might not be fighting for anything and that will be harder to pick ourselves up from. 

Just to throw this one out there.

Autos could be gone as early as 5pm next Saturday.

If that’s the case, I’m playing the kids for the last two, and I’m resting everyone else to try and get some steam back for the playoffs. I’m also praying that we can get one of Windass and Byers back, but some reports are saying they are done this season and we won’t see them until August.

It’s very very possible we lose all four games. Two due to being out of legs, and then two because we have to rest players.

On the flip side, we could also be 4 points clear with two to play if results go our way.

52 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

that’s the case, I’m playing the kids for the last two, and I’m resting everyone else to try and get some steam back for the playoffs. I’m also praying that we can get one of Windass and Byers back, but some reports are saying they are done this season and we won’t see them until August.

Realms of fantasy time but what happens if the Papa Johns team wins the last two games then Moore gets rid for the rested players and they lose 2-0 away at Bolton in the 1st leg?

Cadamarteri is out for the season and Durrant is now struggling with a knock. Agbontohoma has left and we can't recall Brennan or Galvin. Trueman and Davidson should step up, although Trueman seems to have gone a step backwards. He should have been around the 1st team by now but Shipston has overtaken him

Edited by Tylluan

4 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Does anyone seriously think we're going anywhere near autos after the shite we saw being played yesterday? 

One point off auto with 4 games to go is quite near, yes

What's gone on before is irrelevant and has no bearing on what will happen in the next few games

Any result is possible in any sporting contest

43 minutes ago, JBO said:

One point off auto with 4 games to go is quite near, yes

What's gone on before is irrelevant and has no bearing on what will happen in the next few games

Any result is possible in any sporting contest

Let's factor Moore into that equation 🤔

Lots of points to address, but I'll try me best...

If 94 points isn't enough to get second, then it shows how strong the league has been this season as I believe the 90 the piggies got that wasn't enough is still a record(?).

No idea why anyone would fancy Burton away as an easier game, they've still not hit the magic 50 points yet, the bottom of L1 is always tight and this season is no different. Derby aside, I thought it would be our toughest game of the run in. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting our run is easy, far from it, but I believe we have enough about us to beat at least three of the teams we're facing. Additionally there's every chance Derby could come on the last day with nothing to play for...

If we’re trying to inject a hint of optimism, just look at what has happened the last two game days. Everything goes for us and we’re top, everything goes against us and we’re 3rd. There could be more twists and turns yet and it ain’t over until it’s over. Even if we don’t get autos the playoffs could still work out for us, look at how shit Huddersfield were in 2017 but still went up. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Chelters said:

If we’re trying to inject a hint of optimism, just look at what has happened the last two game days. Everything goes for us and we’re top, everything goes against us and we’re 3rd. There could be more twists and turns yet and it ain’t over until it’s over. Even if we don’t get autos the playoffs could still work out for us, look at how shit Huddersfield were in 2017 but still went up. 

Most seem agreed that the injuries to Byers and Windass have cost us. DM suggested Windass could be back in training any day last week which could be a boost should we find ourselves in the play offs

I was hoping my total ignoring of the fact we were playing yesterday would come through, like last week against Accrington - maybe the luck was broken by people telling me what the score was at halftime!

Anyway, I watched the brief highlights (I know it’s not necessarily representative of the game) and saw 3 or 4 half decent chances missed which could have won us the game or changed the momentum in the game. My point is, like several other games during the season we’ve had a group of players able to to be a small margin more clinical (as well not concede), it’s fine margins which can easily change again.

I agree though with the majority on here playoff’s look most likely. Ipswich will be home and hosed before we play Shrewsbury.

1 hour ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

:classic_rolleyes:in the real world i can't see in to the future so I'll wait and see before starting any inquests.

Everyone else can knock themselves out if that's their bag like 

Football is mental. We might be top of the league on Tuesday.  Or we might not.  Great intit 

It's the conceding goals that's the problem just now.

3 yesterday and 2 at Cheltenham, we scored 2 in both, if the defence are at it and conceding 1 in each we are 5 points better off and a very different conversation with regards the run in as it would be in our hands.

Both boxes and all that

Edited by Lee
Added
  • Like 2

Yeah just meant if they drew a couple then it gives us a chance. Just think they are the least likely as they have some extra quality. Really need Barnsley and Peterborough to do a job. I don’t think Plymouth are beyond a draw against one of the sides. 

I got my derby ticket and I am out of exile for the next two games (I’m not Chansiri 😅). Would be good to have something to play for on the last day 

• Like 1

No one is beyond anything at this stage of the season. I'm not sure I'd swap our run in for any of the others, Derby are the only team we face who even have the chance of having something to play for whereas all the others (particularly Ipsnitch) face teams that desperately need points in their next 2/3 games...

35 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

No one is beyond anything at this stage of the season. I'm not sure I'd swap our run in for any of the others, Derby are the only team we face who even have the chance of having something to play for whereas all the others (particularly Ipsnitch) face teams that desperately need points in their next 2/3 games...

🤞