We’re off to Forest Green then this weekend…. It’s in a lovely part of the country, and I hope it’s the backdrop for three points.

Officials this weekend.

Referee: DAVID ROCK (24 games, 88 Yellow cards, 5 red)
Assistants: Samuel Ogles and Joseph Stokes
Fourth Official : Thomas Kirk

Last Time he reffed us.

Our 4-2 Win over Burton Albion earlier this season.

Our head to head record

Played 1. We won 1. The 5-0 thumping earlier this season.

Lee Gregory on pre match press conference duty 

LG: "We just want to bring on Sunday and bounce back. You have to dust yourself down and go again - we will do that.

"They're in a relegation battle and this won't be an easy game. We need to go there and perform."

LG: "We were a little down after the game on Tuesday and that's normal. But we're in today, it's a new day and now we look forward to the next one.."

LG: "It's massive that we go out there on Sunday and get a result. It's all focus on this one game, not any beyond that, not any other team - just ourselves and this game on Sunday."

LG: "The support we get lifts us massively, they turn out every week. They always give the team a lift. It's really nice to hear them and the support they give me and I want to repay them with goals and performances.."

Early start on a Sunday 😴.

New ground for everyone.  One of those “you want to be able to say you where there” days.  We are very unlikely to ever play this lot again in a League fixture.  I’ll be doing the Wednesday Wave.

9 minutes ago, owl71 said:

New ground for everyone.  One of those “you want to be able to say you where there” days.  We are very unlikely to ever play this lot again in a League fixture.  I’ll be doing the Wednesday Wave.

Tbh I will never forget going to Stevenage, Rushden and Diamonds, Dagenham and Redbridge but more due to the embarrassing acceptance of our shitness

Even more pissed off with Sky tossers, if that's possible. I'm sure someone will have posted about the coincidence a lot earlier but actually going through it on the day really brings home what they've done. Picking a club going as far as our lucky attendees are early this morning to have a lunchtime kickoff, made worse by losing an hour's sleep as we put the clocks forward, is just typical Sky shite. Once more, they don't give a toss about travelling fans. 

Whoever picks the games for Sky, may your fingers go through the toilet paper every time!

16 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Tbh I will never forget going to Stevenage, Rushden and Diamonds, Dagenham and Redbridge but more due to the embarrassing acceptance of our shitness

No one will ever forget Stevenage. Apart from the second half, i wasn’t there for that. 

1 hour ago, owl71 said:

Fuck that. Fair play to them that have got there arses out of bed.

I’ll be in boozer at 12 

We don’t need a back three. They aren’t really playing a striker.

There is no intensity whatsoever from us. Especially with the ball, everyone is coming short and they are happy to send us to our right and allow Iorfa to have it, and he’s not willing to carry the ball into space.

We’ve got to proper number 9’s up top and I can count three crosses. That’s not enough.

Fallen into their game set from minute 1.

They've set up with 11 men behind the ball to hit us on the break, all we've then go onto do is knock it around our back 3 with no pace to our game to get the ball down the wing.

I'd give them 10 minutes in the 2nd half to get a fucking grip or 2/3 are coming off.

That was by far the worst 45 minutes i've seen from Wednesday this season

We are playing bottom of the league Forest Green Rovers and yet our attacking play has been Sunday league standard. If anyone watching doesn't know the league positions of the two teams, they'd think we're bottom given how pathetic the attacking play has been

James to Flint, to Iorfa, to Flint, to James etc, we almost conceded a goal before we did thanks to that stupid play

They've had 2 clear cut chances, we've had 0. Where's Sir Alex when you need him, tea cups everywhere at that lot

10 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

We don’t need a back three. They aren’t really playing a striker.

There is no intensity whatsoever from us. Especially with the ball, everyone is coming short and they are happy to send us to our right and allow Iorfa to have it, and he’s not willing to carry the ball into space.

We’ve got to proper number 9’s up top and I can count three crosses. That’s not enough.

We could easily match them up (God am I saying this against Forest Green...) James and Palmer as more otherodox full backs, Adeniran and Johnson as wide midfielders and the two up top

7 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

That was by far the worst 45 minutes i've seen from Wednesday this season

We are playing bottom of the league Forest Green Rovers and yet our attacking play has been Sunday league standard. If anyone watching doesn't know the league positions of the two teams, they'd think we're bottom given how pathetic the attacking play has been

James to Flint, to Iorfa, to Flint, to James etc, we almost conceded a goal before we did thanks to that stupid play

They've had 2 clear cut chances, we've had 0. Where's Sir Alex when you need him, tea cups everywhere at that lot

It’s not great but you have to give a bit of credit to FGR and how big Dunc has got them drilled.