The bummers from Burslem match thread.

Reesh

So on Thursday night we have Port Vale at home, we have won the last 3 over the Valiants in the League but some of us will recall the Stroke victim sounding fuckers doing us 3-2 at Hillsborough on Boxing Day 2003.

Referee is Scott Oldham, making his Hillsborough debut, his only previous reffing us was at Cambridge last season. 

I’d take any kind of win now. If we have to grind wins out to get through to a period of playing better so be it. 
We just need to keep racking up the points. Whoever the manager is, whoever he picks to play, it’s about getting the club back in the Championship, as always.

Whilst I am concerned about the lack of consistency in scoring from our strikers I think our lack of height at the back is more concerning now, with our reliance on MMc, particularly for some of the games coming up and the likely bombardment.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

7 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Still only playing at 70% of our potential capability. That is what frustrating, as we are lacking that 30% around their box. Not many shots, fairly fortunate to get a pen not that it wasn't but an error their side.

We always seem 2 players off being good 

3 if you include Mighten - who is bang average.

• Like 1

Perhaps I just have too high expectations, but we make hard work out of what should be comfortable games. We need to start taking the jeopardy out of games sooner.

The Smith 2nd goal was a cracker and probably undeservedly at the time took some pressure off us.

And why the fuck Moore is frightened to make substitutions to either change the course of games or simply bring on fresh legs I am at a liberty to grasp.

So a 6.5/10 performance, with a few 8s and 9s being held back by 4s and 5s 

11 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Perhaps I just have too high expectations, but we make hard work out of what should be comfortable games. We need to start taking the jeopardy out of games sooner.

The Smith 2nd goal was a cracker and probably undeservedly at the time took some pressure off us.

And why the fuck Moore is frightened to make substitutions to either change the course of games or simply bring on fresh legs I am at a liberty to grasp.

Moore a 3 as ever

12 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

This.

James was excellent as were Byers, Smith and MOM McGuinness. Whatever Cardiff want, pay it. He's at least top half Championship quality and young enough to improve. 

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

This.

James was excellent as were Byers, Smith and MOM McGuinness. Whatever Cardiff want, pay it. He's at least top half Championship quality and young enough to improve. 

Can't argue any of that

Tbf I am not a fan of Patterson, he did ok, but it was screaming out for a change on 70 mins for some pace.

Palmer did nothing wrong. As did Dawson.

Disappointment was Mighten, FDB

Vaulks and Johnson ok ish

I don’t know what the fuck to think anymore. I look at the first XI Moore picks and more often than not think WTF! Even tonight I questioned Mighten getting a starting position, and, to a lesser extent, Paterson (although admittedly he did ok).

Our formation and style of play, when I can work it, continues to be shite to watch, our passing is still abysmal, and there are times that the opposition seem to dominate the game and walk all over us. Yet they don’t seem to capitalise on it and we remain difficult to score against, and even more so to beat. 

I’m still not convinced Moore is the man to take us up, but I can’t really put forward a strong argument for getting shut either given our league position and current results - but I’m not enjoying how we are playing and am never certain we are going to get a result until the final whistle goes. 

I got an unfamiliar feeling around 20 minutes ago, which I eventually determined to be happiness.

It wasn’t the greatest of displays and we were wank for 25 minutes in the second half but we won again and we did look a little better than in previous games. I’d be interested to know how Bannan is. Didn’t look much but suspect it will be a couple of games before he’s back. 

Mighten was awful again. I don’t think either party would be too disappointed if he went back and went out on loan somewhere else, like Corbeneau. If we can replace him in the window, we should. We’re not playing him in his best position and we’re unlikely to, so shake hands and move on. 

Edited by Supercockle

14 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I actually thought we were very good tonight, competed and bullied them at times. Of course they carried a threat, they’re a tidy enough team and had a bit of pace about them.

I actually thought Mighten looked a little sharper but final ball generally poor.

As for Paterson I think he’ll be missed if he ends up departing in January. Much better than some give him credit for and brings a lot to the team.

Anyway, it’s another 3 points. On to the next game 

Agree re Paterson.  Always brings something regardless of position played.