The bummers from Burslem match thread.

Reesh

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Can't argue any of that

Tbf I am not a fan of Patterson, he did ok, but it was screaming out for a change on 70 mins for some pace.

Palmer did nothing wrong. As did Dawson.

Disappointment was Mighten, FDB

Vaulks and Johnson ok ish

Thought Vaulks did well when he came on.  

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Can't argue any of that

Tbf I am not a fan of Patterson, he did ok, but it was screaming out for a change on 70 mins for some pace.

Palmer did nothing wrong. As did Dawson.

Disappointment was Mighten, FDB

Vaulks and Johnson ok ish

Paterson put a tremendous shift in at Fleetwood and pretty much so tonight.  I'd be loathe to lose him until the end of the season. He's one of those versatile, hard working squad players that are often very important in a promotion push: just like James and Palmer.  

Mighten also got stuck into the defensive side of wing back play at Fleetwood. He chased back once and tackled ball and man like a bulldozer.  Got a deserved round of applause. Tried hard tonight but to less avail.  

It was better last night, better tempo, more urgency. A deserved win despite their 15 mins or so of pressure at the start of the second half. 

When we lost Bannan I did worry that some of the intensity we had early on would be lost. That move which ended with him side footing over following the move down the right and the flick over the centre back was quality.

But fair play to Vaulks, I think he stepped in very well and we didn’t really miss Bannan too much. Smith was quality last night, led the line well and drove with the ball more than we’ve seen him so far. And Pato was a good foil, even though I thought early on they played way too far apart but it seemed to work more as the game went on. That for me was Pato’s best game this season by some way. Worked tirelessly, everywhere. In the second half in particular he was heading away corners and crosses doing great defensive work and deserved a goal for his harassment of their back line. 

McGuinness was quality again, James had a good game too. Whether James is a championship player I’m not 100% but McGuinness needs to be a priority in the summer. Another clean sheet for Dawson, that’s a positive too. 

The only negative for me is Mighten. Still not good enough for me. Huff and puff, plenty of running but not much else. For a lad who looks like he has the tricks, has little of them and just seems to go hoping to try to beat a man rather than expecting to.

Finally…I’d not noticed at the time; but if you watch the highlights… Marvin Johnson was shithousing their sub (who looked like a Poundland Eminem) following Smith’s second goal.

Joint second. Another home game on Monday. Let’s keep up the momentum. 

• Like 2

Great to see Adeniran back as well. Worried when bannan went off but Vaulks did well last night. Smith and Patterson both worked very hard and great to see Smith weighing in with two goals 🙌🙌🙌 it’s shaping up nicely just need Plymouth to hit that bad run and it’s ours to lose. 

• Like 1

McGuinness is head & shoulders above ANY CB in this division, cracking player.

I've had my doubts re Pato but he was superb last night, caused Vale all kinds of problems, chased everything down, made some cracking defensive headers in our box, well done that man.

Another 3 points, good performance, especially in the 1st half, was a bit rocky up until Smith scored a beauty, as I thought Vale caused us a fair few problems tbf, the lad who came on on the right hand side gave Johnson & James a fair amount of problems & plenty to think about.

Onwards to NYD & hopefully another 3 points.

Hopefully Bannans Injury isn't too bad & it's just a precaution but looking at how he hobbled off & his body language I think he's out for a bit.

UTO

1 hour ago, owl4ever1867 said:

McGuinness is head & shoulders above ANY CB in this division, cracking player.

I've had my doubts re Pato but he was superb last night, caused Vale all kinds of problems, chased everything down, made some cracking defensive headers in our box, well done that man.

Another 3 points, good performance, especially in the 1st half, was a bit rocky up until Smith scored a beauty, as I thought Vale caused us a fair few problems tbf, the lad who came on on the right hand side gave Johnson & James a fair amount of problems & plenty to think about.

Onwards to NYD & hopefully another 3 points.

Hopefully Bannans Injury isn't too bad & it's just a precaution but looking at how he hobbled off & his body language I think he's out for a bit.

UTO

You know it's not good when Baz agrees to go off!

• Like 1