The Owls vs. The Dale Match Thread (correct title this time???)

59 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Exactly. Could Byers and Vaulks interchange ?

I see it like this. In games where we are going to dominate the ball and teams are going to sit, your midfield players have got to have vision and craft to unlock space. That’s where I would play Bannan and Byers. The wing backs would be high up the pitch so there’s always players trying it to get in behind.

But away from home or teams that want to squeeze us, that’s where Vaulks, Dele and Dennis would play, that’s where runners and mobility is needed.

Our six midfielders collectively have everything. Pace, Power, Craft and Guile. The only potential gap is a proper stopper but that could be Byers or Bakinson as it stands.

• Like 1

Just two negatives tonight for me

1 the seats in the south stand are shit with less leg room than Ryanair 

The 2 blokes sat behind me with commentary on every single pass, tackle, touch, throw in, slag every player just before they score then say we’ll done he’s had a reet game, shout great ball then it goes out well that wa shit, bash is lazy, badger is useless (who the fook calls Patterson badger) adeniran  passes back all the time cos he can’t be arsed to run. On and on and on and on blah blah blah

Couldnt wait for half time to stand up and get a rest from the shite talk but no then they have to dissect the first half (apart from the 3 goals we’ve been quite poor lucky they haven’t scored) and also then give the same commentary on the half time entertainment with the two blokes kicking the balls into the net (what’s he blasting it from there for just roll it in) ffs SHUT UP.

Get me back in my season ticket seat in the grandstand Saturday I love you 😍 

Apart from that I thought we were great 🙌🙌🙌

UTO ITI 

• Haha 1

3 cracking goals. Does anyone know if it's possible to hide the result when logging into iFollow? I didn't want to wake up at 3am to watch the game and was looking forward to watching the full replay after work. As soon as I logged in.... BAM 3-0 in size 72 font. 

11 minutes ago, tomcore said:

3 cracking goals. Does anyone know if it's possible to hide the result when logging into iFollow? I didn't want to wake up at 3am to watch the game and was looking forward to watching the full replay after work. As soon as I logged in.... BAM 3-0 in size 72 font. 

On the video archive area of the website, set that to a favourite

Then when you click on the favourites link in your address toolbar, hopefully that'll take you to the videos. None there show the score. just say highlights, full match replay etc

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

On the video archive area of the website, set that to a favourite

Then when you click on the favourites link in your address toolbar, hopefully that'll take you to the videos. None there show the score. just say highlights, full match replay etc

Cheers Kiwi. I went straight to the ifollow main page. 

Just now, Laceups said:

We really should do everything in our power to get FDB and Adeniran pegged down as long as we possibly can.

Even if it involves squeezing Bannan out?

I have said for ages I would build my midfield around those two. They offer a lot more than many people realise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

I have said for ages I would build my midfield around those two. They offer a lot more than many people realise.

The time has come.  

Think we will lose FDB though either next week or at the end of his contract.  Personally think Dennis offers slightly more of the two of them.

3 hours ago, Reesh said:

But then you look at what Bannan did in the build-up to the first goal at Bolton: terrific hard work followed by brilliant close passing.  It's certainly a nice problem to have.  I've reluctantly changed my mind recently and now would take any very good offer for Fizz, in view of having the other five.  It would be just our luck if last night's injury turns out to be a real one.  He looked in some considerable pain going off.  Fingers crossed it isn't bad.

5 hours ago, Reesh said:

Yeah Bannan isn’t getting any younger and our future midfield should be built around these two IMO.

15 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

Unpopular post alert.

What I found interesting about last night was the Rochdale managers comments and his reference to the stats produced by their stat man. Take the second half away, (which sounded like a non event) and he reckons we just failed to penetrate them at all. Three fine strikes, without a doubt, but we won't be scoring goals like that every game.

As with the defence, I've previously said he needs to be able to switch from a 3 to a 4 and so he should and will, tailor the midfield with one eye on the opposites. 

Can't see Bannan going anywhere just yet, along with Byers, for me, they should be the first 2 picked in the middle although I understand the need to rest/rotate from time to time. As for FDB and Adeniran being regular partners in midfield? I just can't see it.

Bannan still has a big part to play this season IMO and I can see him extending at the end of the season albeit used sparingly next season.

Thing is Plum we did a score those goals and because Rochdale were such a damp squib (they didn't have a shot on target in the whole game) there was no motivation for the team to go gung ho.

There's no need for concern just because the manager of a team on its arse who we just put 3 past in what looked like a pre season friendly is trying to put a sheen on a wank result by inferring we were lucky with 3 long range strikes. He should rather be addressing the issue that his team continued to fail to close us down when it was clear we were shooting from distance and having considerable success in doing so.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Thing is Plum we did a score those goals and because Rochdale were such a damp squib (they didn't have a shot on target in the whole game) there was no motivation for the team to go gung ho.

There's no need for concern just because the manager of a team on its arse who we just put 3 past in what looked like a pre season friendly is trying to put a sheen on a wank result by inferring we were lucky with 3 long range strikes. He should rather be addressing the issue that his team continued to fail to close us down when it was clear we were shooting from distance and having considerable success in doing so.

Nevertheless Turk, I’d be surprised, nay, astounded if FDB and Adeniran became a regular thing. Just can’t see it happening, but you never know.