On this day

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got so pissed after the game that I didn’t go to work the following day, as I thought it was Sunday (the game was played on a Sunday).

When I eventually got up and went downstairs I discovered the house to be empty. I thought I’d done something stupid the night before and that my wife had left me, taking the little ‘un with her - but because I’d been so pissed I had no recollection of anything. I immediately rung her and that was when I discovered that it was actually Monday, not Sunday, and that she was at work and the little ‘un was at school - and of course I then realised I should have been at work.

I absolutely bricked it and rung work apologetically - but when I spoke to my boss, instead of rollocking me he burst out laughing, told me to go back to bed to sleep off my hangover, and take the day off as leave! 

To say I was relieved was an understatement! I thought I was going to get a disciplinary! 😂

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Reesh said:

The lack of time between the 3rd and 4th goals for us led to absolute carnage.

What a 2nd half that was!  We had a pissed up youth in the next seat to us who fell asleep early in the game and only woke up at the end when his mates shook him. Can you imagine being there and missing that trio of magnificent goals?  Unreal!   🤣

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Off topic(ish) - when did we play them when Evans was their manager and they thought they'd scored but FF was still walking off after being subbed and Evans made up a new rule by saying it's happened loads of time before when the goal stood?

He was with them from 19 October 2015 to 31 May 2016, so it must have been when we beat them 2-0 at home in January 2016. Hooper got both our goals.

2 hours ago, Bellsview said:

He was with them from 19 October 2015 to 31 May 2016, so it must have been when we beat them 2-0 at home in January 2016. Hooper got both our goals.

He went for a shit pretty much as soon as they ‘scored’ didn’t he; so he didn’t know till he wobbled back that it hadn’t counted.

• 2 weeks later...