On this day

Reesh

4 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Rarely mentioned now is that Woods was generally appreciated by the 'away crowd' and put in some superb away performances. Just off the top I remember a classic performance by him at Spurs that helped us clinch an excellent away win.  None of which excuses the ghastliness of the Cup Final replay or at Bumhole Stain. 

Yeah, I remember that game. He was fantastic. Early 93 I think it was, 2-0 win.... Hirsty scoring one of them IIRC.

I never said Woods was crap. I wondered if we'd have done better with Kelly instead. 

Kelly only cost £150k, compared to £1.2m, and his Premier League stats are better with (arguably) a worse team in front of him. He also lasted a lot longer than Woods. We binned Woods for Pressman and he ended up being Beasant's back up at Southampton. 

• 4 months later...

In slightly somber reflection.

The signing made when I had just left school at 16 and now reflect that fuck me that was 37 years ago and I'm now 53. Madness.

Plus this year has gone quicker than anyone before it.

Soon be Xmas folks!!!

1 hour ago, Lee said:

In slightly somber reflection.

The signing made when I had just left school at 16 and now reflect that fuck me that was 37 years ago and I'm now 53. Madness.

Plus this year has gone quicker than anyone before it.

Soon be Xmas folks!!!

I believe each year gets quicker and quicker because life becomes repetitive. The concept of the speed of time is somewhat experiential. As the years pass, the brain has experienced most events many times before and so they appear to pass faster. The only way to slow down the quickening of life is to try new things.