Derby administration

16 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Be interesting to see what the EFL do now as the standing was if they were still in administration on 1st July then it was a 25 point deduction. 

Technically speaking they were still in admin at the beginning of today

That's utter bollocks.

24 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Be interesting to see what the EFL do now as the standing was if they were still in administration on 1st July then it was a 25 point deduction. 

Technically speaking they were still in admin at the beginning of today

8 minutes ago, Reesh said:

That's utter bollocks.

Deadline would have been 5pm or Midnight on 30/06

I'm not wishing they get a points deduction particularly, I'm more concerned about EFL apply their own rules and edicts consistently - I don't perceive that to be tinpot. I mean EFL are tinpot as we know and expecting Derby to get what should be coming to them isn't. As Ty said, EFL gave a deadline, and whilst no football supporter wants their club to be put in such a precarious position and be penalised disproportionately, I feel any club that has been in admin for so long has to have some kind of sanction even if it isn't a points deduction.

Whilst I understand that, do we really want league tables being constantly impacted by points deductions or threats of point deductions ?

I always think how would you as a Wednesday fan want us to be treated. There was plenty of whining on here, but ultimately we deserved what we got because of financial mismanagement and lack of adherence to the actual rules that we signed up to. 

At least 2 seasons were impacted, the one where the disciplinary was going on with it hanging, then the actual season. Did folk actually enjoy this albeit the entire covid situation changed the impact.

I may have talked about it on here, but frankly I was totally fed up of the whole mess and that football on the pitch was the half of it.

Do you keep punishing the fans for the shite they have endured for the last couple of years. 

I think what rankles with clubs that survive administration is that they will have got away without paying all their bills. If they had paid those bills then logically they would have had less to pay on the football side, meaning they would have had a worse team earlier.

But they have been relegated and, although it pains me to say it, I think they’ve had their punishment and should be allowed to move on. 

Let’s beat them on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Chelters said:

I think what rankles with clubs that survive administration is that they will have got away without paying all their bills. If they had paid those bills then logically they would have had less to pay on the football side, meaning they would have had a worse team earlier.

But they have been relegated and, although it pains me to say it, I think they’ve had their punishment and should be allowed to move on. 

Let’s beat them on the pitch. 

I don't disagree but part of the route out of admin / points deductions is restrictions on transfers and contracts for a period of time.

I would go further and say that if a club goes into admin again within 10- 15 years it is thrown out the League

As long as they have the same sanctions as we had last season, I’m ok. 

Not being able to spend money on transfers etc restricts you. When it happened to us, at least we knew our owner and manager, so we were ahead of Derby in terms of planning. They’re just scraping a squad together. They won’t be a threat this season and we’ll hopefully be out of this division before they are. Let them get on with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading the local news on BBC site and there's a story about a crash between two freight trains at Doncaster.  (It happened on 5th of July and no-one was injured after one went past a red signal and went into the back of the other. The story is about the subsequent inquiry.) So why is this in here? Simples. The accompanying photo clearly shows the engine having a 'Footballer' type nameplate and I was worried it might be our own 'Sheffield Wednesday', so I Googled the engine number shown. It was in fact 'Derby County', confirming what we already knew, that their club is an absolute train wreck at present.  

• Haha 1