Derby administration

1 hour ago, M42Owl said:

Why Gillingham & Solihull?

Surely it’s either Gillingham & Oldham or Solihull & Mansfield.

Or if the first criteria is met (and Derby are on the fixture list) but not the second (they’re kicked out) it’ll just be a 23 team division.

Bury was an exception as the league had started when they were expelled so league one had to run with just 23 teams but the EFL changed the relegation process so just 3 went down. Because the season hasn't started yet the EFL could use the same notion and keep Gillingham in League one.  as they finished 4th bottom and only on goal difference. It's only hearsay about Solihull as they finished 2nd and lost the playoff but you're right in that Oldham could also be saved. Either way this would have a knock on effect for the pyramid and the EFL would probably leave that for the National League organisation (and FA) to sort out. 

It opens up the door for a late but low bid to come in which the administrator probably would have to accept. Remember their responsibility is on behalf of the creditors and being thrown out the league is not conducive to that.

The tale I remember from 2010 is that Mandaric was more likely to prefer acquiring us out of admin. The fact that us WTID mob had come over to the Coop as reasonably convincing (ok proof of funds may have been a tad difficult) and thus show to MM he was not necessarily the shoe in new owner made him act sooner.

The point is that these discussions are often more a game of chess. Ashley in this case has an amount he will pay, he has zero passion for Derby but a lot of passion for a good business deal. So if Kirchner got the Club and paid full whack, Ashley ain't gonna cry about it. But can be lurking and ready if as it looks that intended deal falls at the last hurdle 

49 minutes ago, MPB said:

2 - 5yo's free!  Good call

Is it fuck, anyone taking 2-5 Yo's to the game needs to give their heads a shake.

Oh and for context when my eldest was 5 her brother was 2, so I know exactly what I'm talking about

Edited by Otto_Man

Disagree.  I think it's a great idea.  Lots of mums and dads want to go to the match together, why should one stay at home to babysit?  Sure, the kids will end up watching Peppa Pig on an ipad but why not?

It also gets them the same seat for when they are old enough to have to pay.

Plus it also prepares them for a lifetime of misery watching Wednesday with the occasional sniff of the good times

2 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Is it fuck, anyone taking 2-5 Yo's to the game needs to give their heads a shake.

Oh and for context when my eldest was 5 her brother was 2, so I know exactly what I'm talking about

Are you OK?

A tad angry aren't you?

1 hour ago, MPB said:

Are you OK?

A tad angry aren't you?

Why do we get the same weird passive aggressive response every time someone disagrees with you? 

Let's be honest any Dad's (and it is Dad's - generally the weekend deadbeat types) taking their 2-5 year olds to the match are doing it because they want to go to the match themselves. The 2-5 year olds don't want to go. Had one sat across the aisle from us at the Cambridge game, asked to go at half time because "it was boring because we were obviously going to win". Either that or they sit their on a tablet/on Dad's phone, cos they're fucking bored and don't want to be there.

Edited by Otto_Man

24 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Why do we get the same weird passive aggressive response every time someone disagrees with you? 

Let's be honest any Dad's (and it is Dad's - generally the weekend deadbeat types) taking their 2-5 year olds to the match are doing it because they want to go to the match themselves. The 2-5 year olds don't want to go. Had one sat across the aisle from us at the Cambridge game, asked to go at half time because "it was boring because we were obviously going to win". Either that or they sit their on a tablet/on Dad's phone, cos they're fucking bored and don't want to be there.

My lad's first game was when he was 5. And was instantly hooked.

6 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Kirchner given til 5pm today 

Then what?  I'm lost as to how many extensions Derby have been given so it's a genuine question.

Is it a public holiday anywhere in the world today by any chance?  That might help them

16:59pm

Sorry guys it just didn't come through on time.

If it wasn't Saturday tomorrow i could have had it done first thing.

EFL

Oh dear that's sad, but don't worry there's no problem, can you have it done for Monday evening.

If not it will be okay at the end of the month.

Kirchner has lost his preferred bidder status and Quantuma have reopened the process and contacted two previous (unnamed) bidders to see if they're still interested. 

Athletic reporter Elias Burke is tweeting that Kirchner owes 800k in sponsorship money to NHL team Dallas Stars and he hasn't paid his company's wage bill for two months. 

Just now, Tylluan said:

Kirchner has lost his preferred bidder status and Quantuma have reopened the process and contacted two previous (unnamed) bidders to see if they're still interested. 

Athletic reporter Elias Burke is tweeting that Kirchner owes 800k in sponsorship money to NHL team Dallas Stars and he hasn't paid his company's wage bill for two months. 

But, how's his handicap? 

37 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

At least they haven't got a Thai owner....evil twat paying the bills, wages, transfer funds etc.....phew....bullet dodged for Dorbeh methinks eh!

12 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Kirchner officially withdraws out of buying Derby 

This is like when some washed up player who hasn't been in the news for a bit announces their retirement from international football even though it's years since they were last picked.

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

EFL quietly nudging Quantuma to take an Ashley deal if he puts one on the table. He doesn't have to pass the new owners test and they know he has the funds so they can approve the golden share movement quicker

A cynic might say this was the plan all along.

• Like 2

On 10/06/2022 at 18:32, Tylluan said:

7 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Ashley paying CK's costs to get the whole caboodle at a massive discount with HMRC debt paid up by MM?

Genius

Will Dorbeh be under an embargo?

1 hour ago, MPB said:

Will Dorbeh be under an embargo?

They've only got 5 registered players (possibly 6 if they trigger an extension) so they'll be allowed to bring the squad up to 25. But, they may fall foul of the same restrictions we had last season where they picking from freebies and loans. Not too sure  but they may also have a league enforced salary cap. I don't know how a new owner affects previous accounts submissions but the rules say relegated teams are subject to Championship FFP rules until they've signed off their last set of Championship accounts.