Derby administration

15 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Mike Ashley will end up getting Morris to pay him to buy the club.

Ashley is waiting for relegation so the price of club, as an entity, goes down. He also wants Morris to settle the HMRC debt and the debt to the Americans. 

Local papers reporting that the local council is looking to buy the stadium for £20m and lease back to the new owners.

Bit of a come down from the £80m he supposedly valued and bought it for? Would this difference factor into further accounting sanctions?

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Local papers reporting that the local council is looking to buy the stadium for £20m and lease back to the new owners.

Bit of a come down from the £80m he supposedly valued and bought it for? Would this difference factor into further accounting sanctions?

Probably not, the valuation was a technical one for accounting purposes it is not meant to reflect the sale value more the "in use" value 

So how much would it cost to re-build to the same standard then adjusted for its age compared to useful life 

Like we valued on a rent yield multiplier - again an in use method 

8 hours ago, Andyben said:

Ty, is McLaren still at Derby?

Apparently he's gonna be Ten Haag's #2 back at Man U next season 

McLaren officially left his paid role a little while after the administrators moved in. He made this big song and dance about stepping down so his wage would help preserve the tea ladies jobs. He offered to stick around in a non paid advisory capacity but it wasn't taken up by Admin. 

A short while later he appeared to be advising on the Jez Moxey/Andy Appleby takeover bid but that fell on its arse after he told everyone that the bid was going through and the future looked rosy. 

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

McLaren officially left his paid role a little while after the administrators moved in. He made this big song and dance about stepping down so his wage would help preserve the tea ladies jobs. He offered to stick around in a non paid advisory capacity but it wasn't taken up by Admin. 

A short while later he appeared to be advising on the Jez Moxey/Andy Appleby takeover bid but that fell on its arse after he told everyone that the bid was going through and the future looked rosy. 

Did he announce it in a Dutch accent?

Can we be clear, Wednesday got punished because we broke the rules, got given a chance by the EFL to put it right, and then screwed that up by filing the accounts wrong. There is not a vendetta against SWFC. 

Now, do I think that Derby have been given more time than they should have? Possibly yes. Do I think Wednesday would have been given the same chances? Absolutely yes. To give the administrators some credit, they’ve pulled every trick in the book to drag this out and get the deal done.

12 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Can we be clear, Wednesday got punished because we broke the rules, got given a chance by the EFL to put it right, and then screwed that up by filing the accounts wrong. There is not a vendetta against SWFC. 

Now, do I think that Derby have been given more time than they should have? Possibly yes. Do I think Wednesday would have been given the same chances? Absolutely yes. To give the administrators some credit, they’ve pulled every trick in the book to drag this out and get the deal done.

Parry definitely has a vendetta against us, never ever forget that, the pubeheaded prick.

Parry seems to have a vendetta against a few clubs. Us, Villa, Reading, Derby etc. If the EFL are being influenced by him, that’s not good, but I don’t think that’s the case.

He’s bitter that he got Boro to the prem, didn’t back the coach and then came down and had to cut costs. No-ones fault but his even with the 100 or so million he got in parachute payments.

On 06/04/2022 at 19:42, Andyben said:

Bullets being dodged at loads of clubs at moment.

Ricketts family won't actually be the majority shareholder at Chelsea  (and they haven't found who will be..)

Red Bull gone off the boil at Wenzdi and looks like Rola Cola instead 

645D094B-5B03-40D7-86E5-DD55240F98AF.thumb.jpeg.cdcc460c2f9e1d104a4910c3e73603d7.jpeg
👀 they’re going to call us Sheffield Blu Steel aren’t they?

Edited by LiamOwl

I’m no expert so may be missing something, but doesn’t the Administrator, when naming a “preferred bidder” with “exclusivity”, do so on the basis that the preferred bidder has a high probability of completing the deal?

Everything I read about this saga points more and more to the administrator being incompetent at best and, at worst, intentionally dragging it out to their own benefit at the expense of creditors, employees, fans etc.

Surely there are rules governing the actions of Administators?

• 3 weeks later...

Kirchner's exclusivity ends tomorrow and there's still no deal on the table (shades of his Preston attempt)

Kirchner has been on Derby social media channels saying the sticking point is stadium ownership and the academy apparently is under a separate administration and needs to be dealt with as a separate entity.

Sky Sports reporting there's a real chance they might be liquidated as they've not been allowed to generate income via future season ticket sales and they can't sell players or release those out of contract until the window opens

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12609304/mike-ashley-renews-contact-with-derby-county-administrators-with-former-newcastle-united-owner-still-keen-to-buy-club

Mike Ashley has made renewed contact with Derby County's administrators, and Sky Sports News has been told the former Newcastle owner remains very keen to buy the club.

It is thought there has been no reply from Quantuma, the administrators, to Ashley's approach, despite the period of exclusivity granted to prospective buyer Chris Kirchner expiring on Saturday night.

Kirchner has admitted on social media that negotiations with outgoing Derby owner Mel Morris over a separate deal for the stadium have reached an impasse.

Kirchner has been given an extra period of time to conclude his business. Morris is the stumbling block with his refusal to budge on his valuation of the stadium.Kirchner has considered moving fixtures to other grounds in the interim but some conditions imposed on the finances on the club's operations has currently put a block on this. Wages still to be paid with seemingly no income streams coming in.

Just now, bricat said:

If they can't pay wages up to the end of June they will start next season with a three point deduction.That is unless those owed wages waive them until the whole thing is sorted.

If they're still in administration at the end of June then they jump straight to -12 and then there'll be your -3 to add on as well. 

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Aren't you from Derbyshire?

Certainly not!  Born in Sheffield, spent my first year a few hundred yards from Hillsborough Corner, (Burnaby Street?), then my parents moved into a house to themselves instead of "living in rooms". They had to move to Frecheville to get one and that's where I (allegedly) grew  up. Although effectively a part of Sheffield, technically it was in Derbyshire. When I was 14, 1967, the city needed more room and the boundary was moved from the bottom of Intake to between Mosborough and Eckington, where it still is. Must have jumped a good three miles and only the nimbys at Ridgeway avoided inclusion. 

Edited by Owling_Wolf