Jump to content

Boris to be ousted?


HoylandOwl
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Sunak to get it then after Mordaunt withdraws after getting under 100 backers. 

Truss being replaced by Sunak is welcome as far as I’m concerned.  It’s the Tories accepting that they’re probably going to lose the next general election, but at least trying not to wreck the economy in the mean time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it’s nice to see Sunak obviously believes the same “horseshit” as myself about the link between fracking and methane levels.  

Every single thing Truss tried to change has been put back the way it was before.  🤣 She’s like some mad Auntie who embarrassed herself at a birthday party after one Sherry too many, and now everyone’s carrying on where they left off, and trying to pretend it didn’t happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, owl71 said:

Well it’s nice to see Sunak obviously believes the same “horseshit” as myself about the link between fracking and methane levels. 

A politically popular decision. The public have been so deeply brainwashed over the last 10-15 years, nobody dare go against the agreed narrative.

They can frack in my back garden any time they like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How on earth can Suella Braverman still be in a job? Anybody outside the government and in a normal job gets fired for what she's done....

1 rule for them another for everybody else...

The fact she's now admitted to SIX emails being sent from her government email to her personal one so she can send it to anybody is quite frankly a stackable offense.....

I didn't realise this but : Suella Bravermans husband was Richie Rich best man at his wedding.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Skamp said:

If she's pissing off the left then she's doing something right in my book. 

Mental and a sign of how fucked the country is.

It’s like Brexit, everyone that voted to leave are now worse off for it but it doesn’t matter because they’re on the winning side and it pissed off remainers. 
 

Stupid beyond belief 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Mental and a sign of how fucked the country is.

It’s like Brexit, everyone that voted to leave are now worse off for it but it doesn’t matter because they’re on the winning side and it pissed off remainers. 
 

Stupid beyond belief 

🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Mental and a sign of how fucked the country is.

It’s like Brexit, everyone that voted to leave are now worse off for it but it doesn’t matter because they’re on the winning side and it pissed off remainers. 
 

Stupid beyond belief 

What part of brexit is to blame for current economic climate in the UK.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something a little more recent for you…

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2022/sep/30/uk-is-only-g7-country-with-smaller-economy-than-before-covid-19
 

Samuel Tombs, the chief UK economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, said the figures suggested that the damage inflicted by Covid-19 and Brexit on to the economy’s ability to grow was even larger than previously thought.
 

and 


The recent turmoil in British financial markets has also highlighted the UK’s large current account deficit. The amount by which the value of imports exceeds that of exports has worsened since the financial crisis of 2008 and the Brexit vote despite steep falls in the value of the pound that make exports cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not the same thing that though is it.

Also Economic growth figures for the UK and other countries are not entirely comparable due to the way in which the UK calculates the output of its health and education sectors and bearing in mind the size of the UK health sector (5th largest direct employer in the world) it skews things further

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Not the same thing that though is it.

Also Economic growth figures for the UK and other countries are not entirely comparable due to the way in which the UK calculates the output of its health and education sectors and bearing in mind the size of the UK health sector (5th largest direct employer in the world) it skews things further

Plus most of the supposed lack of growth (in comparison to the G7) is based on projections my the IMF from March this year. Not actual figures

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/11/2022 at 20:52, Skamp said:

Meanwhile, a somewhat more balanced view than that of the left leaning, anti-British pile of poo that is the Guardian. 

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2022/10/liz-truss-uk-britain-economy-brexit/671778/

 

Edit. Don't get me wrong, it's notball sweetness and honey. 

Yet pretending Brexit has nothing to do with the country’s current woes is equally self-serving. About half of the giant fiscal hole that now exists as a result of Truss’s tax-cutting madness is attributable to the permanently lower economic-growth forecast caused by Brexit. In other words, “Trussonomics” would have been less foolhardy inside the EU than out. Also true is that Brexit helped create today’s modern Conservative Party, which in turn created a prime minister who promised to do stupid things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the line starts  much earlier than that, and lets be honest, to have such a straight line from millions of dataset over a 10yr period, where no other jurisdiction has the same does look a bit weird, no?

Do you think that by putting such a large arrow andf making it thicker than anywhere else may show a little 'artistic license'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Andyben said:

the line starts  much earlier than that, and lets be honest, to have such a straight line from millions of dataset over a 10yr period, where no other jurisdiction has the same does look a bit weird, no?

Do you think that by putting such a large arrow andf making it thicker than anywhere else may show a little 'artistic license'

Between 2016 and 2020 (Covid) the percentage of adults more than doubled. 
 

That’s Brexit for you 👍🏼

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NHS spunk money left,right and centre, I find it an absolute embarrassment how much they waste.

The Wife is in need of a major operation, we had it confirmed for 3rd November, got her onto the ward for 11am, come 4pm they had cancelled it, told her she's on the priority list and to be ready at 24 hours notice for incase a spot comes up.

The NHS is and will always continue to be on its knees while ever those at the very top continue to waste money like they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

The NHS spunk money left,right and centre, I find it an absolute embarrassment how much they waste.

The Wife is in need of a major operation, we had it confirmed for 3rd November, got her onto the ward for 11am, come 4pm they had cancelled it, told her she's on the priority list and to be ready at 24 hours notice for incase a spot comes up.

[b]The NHS is and will always continue to be on its knees while ever those at the very top continue to waste money like they do.[/b]

I'll agree with you on that. 

 

Hope your missus gets the much needed operation quickly. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it not the population increasing but the age of the population is increasing, coupled with a lack of self motivation/realisation to look after yourself instead of relying on the state to do so. 

There is a acute lack of staff in certain areas of expertise and in certain areas of the country but  I read somewhere that the fastest growing (and rapidly overburdening) waiting lists are in mental health and among the u30s. That's not down to Brexit. 

People (and families) directly impacted by waiting lists will always feel it worse. I'm waiting for one that should have happened 10 months ago and landed me in A&E while on holiday but I'll not have a go at the NHS. I'll have a go at the governments of the last 40 years who didn't heed the warning signs and projections and plan effectively. Who throw money as a sticking plaster and not look at proper, ground floor led reform. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...