Boris to be ousted?

HoylandOwl

the line starts  much earlier than that, and lets be honest, to have such a straight line from millions of dataset over a 10yr period, where no other jurisdiction has the same does look a bit weird, no?

Do you think that by putting such a large arrow andf making it thicker than anywhere else may show a little 'artistic license'

The NHS spunk money left,right and centre, I find it an absolute embarrassment how much they waste.

The Wife is in need of a major operation, we had it confirmed for 3rd November, got her onto the ward for 11am, come 4pm they had cancelled it, told her she's on the priority list and to be ready at 24 hours notice for incase a spot comes up.

The NHS is and will always continue to be on its knees while ever those at the very top continue to waste money like they do.

15 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

The NHS spunk money left,right and centre, I find it an absolute embarrassment how much they waste.

The Wife is in need of a major operation, we had it confirmed for 3rd November, got her onto the ward for 11am, come 4pm they had cancelled it, told her she's on the priority list and to be ready at 24 hours notice for incase a spot comes up.

[b]The NHS is and will always continue to be on its knees while ever those at the very top continue to waste money like they do.[/b]

I'll agree with you on that. 

Hope your missus gets the much needed operation quickly. 

• Thanks 1

Is it not the population increasing but the age of the population is increasing, coupled with a lack of self motivation/realisation to look after yourself instead of relying on the state to do so. 

There is a acute lack of staff in certain areas of expertise and in certain areas of the country but  I read somewhere that the fastest growing (and rapidly overburdening) waiting lists are in mental health and among the u30s. That's not down to Brexit. 

People (and families) directly impacted by waiting lists will always feel it worse. I'm waiting for one that should have happened 10 months ago and landed me in A&E while on holiday but I'll not have a go at the NHS. I'll have a go at the governments of the last 40 years who didn't heed the warning signs and projections and plan effectively. Who throw money as a sticking plaster and not look at proper, ground floor led reform. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

I see Milliband and the Guardianista are demanding that the UK pays £1 trillion compo to the rest of the world for our contribution to climate change.  Keeping a respectful silence towards China.

It's like play money to them daft *****

Bit nasty 😉

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

What are you on bout, gloating? I'm just highlighting issues, while you stick your fingers in your ears shouting 'lalalala'

We left the EU on 31 January 2020, when you take out Covid spending it's actually gone down which is crazy when you consider the vast numbers of staff leaving. 

First we had large number of EU workers that left as they no longer felt welcome which clearly had an impact on the figures i presented, now we have British staff leaving the organisation to go work overseas. But yeah it's all nonsense, everything is OK

No it hasnt gone down. 

And employees have increased, so WTF are you on about

i posted a graph of NHS employees showing the total number earlier in the thread, one issue is that the vacancy rate is based on lots of things, but doesn't include positions that are filled by agency staff and inlcudes staff away or ill, so it's not really a true represntation. So if thse 100k vacanices are staffed by 90k agency staff, its still classed as 100k - doesn't really make sense does it

The funding didn't go down during covd, all that happened is some services that were previously counted as part of the normal budget, were included in the additional coivde figures.

The NHS budget is due to by £800mpw more in two years than it was pre-brexit.

Edited by Andyben

14 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Apologies, it should have read it did go down

The NHS budget and how it has changed | The King's Fund (kingsfund.org.uk)

Have staff increased? If so then it's not by enough, the NHS facing massive issues in recruiting and retaining employees, i think the vacancy rate was over 100k a few weeks, nursing is particularly badly affected, they're all fucking off to places like New Zealand, Australia & Canada

It's a massive issue if you took your head out of your arse for 5 minutes

Calm down Hasbullah, perhaps look at the figures before making sweeping statements

On 07/11/2022 at 12:41, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Anyone think of an event in 2016 that would make that red line shoot up? 

7BAAC96D-3BEE-4D55-8F05-322CC1577FB5.jpeg

I thought it may have had something to do with Wednesday's defeat at Wembley, coupled with the subsequent decline. People were so pissed off, the poor fuckers made themselves ill.

On 07/11/2022 at 19:53, Tylluan said:

Is it not the population increasing but the age of the population is increasing, coupled with a lack of self motivation/realisation to look after yourself instead of relying on the state to do so. 

There is a acute lack of staff in certain areas of expertise and in certain areas of the country but  I read somewhere that the fastest growing (and rapidly overburdening) waiting lists are in mental health and among the u30s. That's not down to Brexit. 

People (and families) directly impacted by waiting lists will always feel it worse. I'm waiting for one that should have happened 10 months ago and landed me in A&E while on holiday but I'll not have a go at the NHS. I'll have a go at the governments of the last 40 years who didn't heed the warning signs and projections and plan effectively. Who throw money as a sticking plaster and not look at proper, ground floor led reform. 

Agree with pretty much all of that.

The mental health increase, I've always felt, coincided with the birth of Pink-fluffy-cloud-ville, where children "don't lose" at sports day and where 'power' went too far in the opposite direction. I have no shame in admitting I was smacked when I was a youngster. Not a problem with that. It's part of learning discipline and a difference between right and wrong. Certainly didn't do me any harm. Nowadays, too many youngsters can't react positively to setbacks and they're free to do whatever they like because they know their parents are powerless.

When my niece and nephew were growing up, I always made sure I beat them at Connect 4 or whatever. That was one little thing I could do to aid their development. When they misbehaved, the parents put them on the naughty step. Obviously I couldn't interfere in that side of things but, I mean, seriously. The fucking naughty step. Jesus wept (or at least he would if he actually existed).

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 15:33, Neville Facking Bartos said:

My Mrs follows a nurse on TikTok who posts her wage slips, £1600 after tax and deductions for 56 hours work apparently...

On 10/11/2022 at 15:33, Neville Facking Bartos said:

No wonder they're leaving left, right & centre

£1600 for 56 hours = £28.57 an hour.

Average hours per week = 40 = £1142.80

Average hours per month = 160 = £4571.20 per month after tax.

Or £54,854.40 a year after tax.

Do they have any vacancies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/11/2022 at 12:09, Skamp said:

not when it's true

It’s not though.  Ed Miliband did an interview with Laura Kuenssberg, where she kept asking him about the one trillion in climate compensation, and he kept doing the “pivot” as described on I’m a Celebrity, by reiterating that it would be a great idea to increase the Uk overseas aid budget back to 0.7% of gdp, which is the UN target.  This would cost £6 billion or thereabouts.  Only about 5 countries currently meet that target.  The UK used to, and as it stands the current government thinks we will get back to it by 2024, but as with every other spending commitment from both parties, it depends on the economy doing much better than expected.

Bullshit about bullshit responding to bullshit, as an alternative to bullshit.

• 2 weeks later...

AB I'm sort of agreeing with that sentiment. 

Entering into medical training should almost be like joining the armed forces. All tuition fees waived and you pick up a wage during training but you sign on for ten years minimum after you've qualified. If you want to quit then you have to buy yourself out. I imagine that the private sector may still recruit serving staff but the NHS would be compensated by the buy out clause. 

A decent wage structure with a yearly increase at 2% above inflation and a bonus if you sign on again at the end of your term. 

• 3 months later...
On 16/03/2023 at 08:25, Otto_Man said:

Not the worst budget ever, but no clue why Labour have focussed on the abolition of the lifetime allowance as the worst bit. You can't really peddle yourself as the party of the people whilst the plummy voiced knight of the realm leads you...

And benefits directly from the abolition of the allowance. 

• 2 months later...