Boris to be ousted?

HoylandOwl

8 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Have we ever had a manager last less time than Truss has as PM 

Yes but not in modern times. 

Infamy. Infamy, they've all got it Infamy. 

Edit. Oh, Wednesday Manager  misread. 

Edited by Skamp

On 23/07/2022 at 19:10, owl71 said:

Debatable.  Liz Truss is promising to take some huge economic risks.  Nothing about changing the BoE’s job was mentioned in the Tory manifesto in the last election.  If she gets to do these things it will be because she won an election of Conservative party members, who make up 0.25% of the UK.  Maybe her own parliamentary party will show some backbone and won’t let her carry out these ideas.  In which case we will very quickly end up with a lame duck PM, and probably another leadership election…which 160k people will get to vote in.

Well thar wasn’t far wrong but even I didn’t think we’d end up with another leadership contest after 36 days 🤣

18 hours ago, Andyben said:

It was never a major election promise and I think most people wouldn't object to the UK producing it's own cheap energy rather than being at the  mercy of Putin or OPEC.

We have large coal seams under UK soil, and we know where they are and how to get at them.  Fracking releases Methane, which is eighty times worse than CO2 in terms of trapping heat in the earth’s atmosphere.  It is a panacea that has almost certainly made things worse.  Not completely proven, but there is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to this, as was the case with climate change itself 15-20 years ago.

• HoylandOwl changed the title to Boris to be ousted?
2 hours ago, owl71 said:

We have large coal seams under UK soil, and we know where they are and how to get at them.  Fracking releases Methane, which is eighty times worse than CO2 in terms of trapping heat in the earth’s atmosphere.  It is a panacea that has almost certainly made things worse.  Not completely proven, but there is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to this, as was the case with climate change itself 15-20 years ago.

Horseshit.

Sorry

9 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Sunak to get it then after Mordaunt withdraws after getting under 100 backers. 

Truss being replaced by Sunak is welcome as far as I’m concerned.  It’s the Tories accepting that they’re probably going to lose the next general election, but at least trying not to wreck the economy in the mean time.

Well it’s nice to see Sunak obviously believes the same “horseshit” as myself about the link between fracking and methane levels.  

Every single thing Truss tried to change has been put back the way it was before.  🤣 She’s like some mad Auntie who embarrassed herself at a birthday party after one Sherry too many, and now everyone’s carrying on where they left off, and trying to pretend it didn’t happen.

22 hours ago, owl71 said:

Well it’s nice to see Sunak obviously believes the same “horseshit” as myself about the link between fracking and methane levels. 

A politically popular decision. The public have been so deeply brainwashed over the last 10-15 years, nobody dare go against the agreed narrative.

They can frack in my back garden any time they like.

How on earth can Suella Braverman still be in a job? Anybody outside the government and in a normal job gets fired for what she's done....

1 rule for them another for everybody else...

The fact she's now admitted to SIX emails being sent from her government email to her personal one so she can send it to anybody is quite frankly a stackable offense.....

I didn't realise this but : Suella Bravermans husband was Richie Rich best man at his wedding.....

12 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Mental and a sign of how fucked the country is.

It’s like Brexit, everyone that voted to leave are now worse off for it but it doesn’t matter because they’re on the winning side and it pissed off remainers. 

Stupid beyond belief 

🙂

19 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Mental and a sign of how fucked the country is.

It’s like Brexit, everyone that voted to leave are now worse off for it but it doesn’t matter because they’re on the winning side and it pissed off remainers. 

Stupid beyond belief 

What part of brexit is to blame for current economic climate in the UK.

Not the same thing that though is it.

Also Economic growth figures for the UK and other countries are not entirely comparable due to the way in which the UK calculates the output of its health and education sectors and bearing in mind the size of the UK health sector (5th largest direct employer in the world) it skews things further

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Not the same thing that though is it.

Also Economic growth figures for the UK and other countries are not entirely comparable due to the way in which the UK calculates the output of its health and education sectors and bearing in mind the size of the UK health sector (5th largest direct employer in the world) it skews things further

Plus most of the supposed lack of growth (in comparison to the G7) is based on projections my the IMF from March this year. Not actual figures

On 02/11/2022 at 20:52, Skamp said:

Meanwhile, a somewhat more balanced view than that of the left leaning, anti-British pile of poo that is the Guardian. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2022/10/liz-truss-uk-britain-economy-brexit/671778/

Edit. Don't get me wrong, it's notball sweetness and honey. 

Yet pretending Brexit has nothing to do with the country’s current woes is equally self-serving. About half of the giant fiscal hole that now exists as a result of Truss’s tax-cutting madness is attributable to the permanently lower economic-growth forecast caused by Brexit. In other words, “Trussonomics” would have been less foolhardy inside the EU than out. Also true is that Brexit helped create today’s modern Conservative Party, which in turn created a prime minister who promised to do stupid things.